What manufacturers still make marine glow engines?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ricky, thanks for the info on the car engines I mentioned. And yes we can still get parts from Gabe for a little while Ron Shaw had a post showing one of there huge shipments.
Steve the novarossi.it site is the one that won’t come up anymore. I was able to get the novarossi.com site though.

for guys like me who prefer wrap around motors in there mono will have it tough. The motors available as of now are all front exhaust, that’s why I was staring to look at car engines.
I will keep my nova alive as long as I can. Mabye long enough until I can get a new wrap around from you Ricky

K&B is no longer and Picco only makes a 21 marine, but you can get older engines at a good price with parts still available.

Brad
[/QUOTEk
K&b are sold by mecoa I bought a 67 from them a few months ago there a little slow but call them and they will set you up with what you need .they have all parts I know they ain't cmb power but we only races k& b back in the 70s and 80s

oh man this is bad. cmb are gonna go nuts with the prices now. nova was making 99.999% of hard parts and pretty much of the complete engines for cars . this is gonna slam everybody .
maybe somebody in a capitol position can get cmb to bring back the outboard powerhead they had ,,nothing beats options

@Bryan calabrese

Bryan did you buy a .67 inboard or outboard??
I thought they had stopped production of all inboards..
It was a outboArd but from Talking with them it sounding like they were still making certain inboards with a lead time and they still have some inboard stock I'm sure not 3.5 and 7.5 but from what they said they had stock of the bigger engines and have most of the parts to go along with it I bought a few for my 7.5 inboard .

Warning....rant on !

Hard to believe that at least one of the companies couldn't sell off it's tooling and designs, and the new owners would start producing engines again.

It easy to say, oh this is just a niche market and they don't care about producing engines for the RC guys anymore.. but ****, at the prices we pay, the constant shortage and uncertainty of older parts and constant forced obsolescence...You would think that any engine manufacturer would be a cash cow.

I chalk it up to piss poor management, and the need to feel like they have to constantly rush new engines to production.

I get they want to produce new product..I get that...but to alienate a majority of people who only need a few parts to keep older engines running, thinking that those same people will just buy new engines...is insane.

Let's see,,, I need 130.00 in parts to fix a motor... ok, no parts ? I'll just spend 600.00 on this new one !

This used to be a hobby...it no longer is.
Sometimes the only "race" going on is the race to spend money..
Greed is the killer of our hobby.
Pure unadulterated greed.

Maybe some Italian's will buy up the machine tools and just start cranking out aftermarket parts for all types of older engines... now there's an idea .

Warning....rant on !

Hard to believe that at least one of the companies couldn't sell off it's tooling and designs, and the new owners would start producing engines again.

It easy to say, oh this is just a niche market and they don't care about producing engines for the RC guys anymore.. but ****, at the prices we pay, the constant shortage and uncertainty of older parts and constant forced obsolescence...You would think that any engine manufacturer would be a cash cow.

I chalk it up to piss poor management, and the need to feel like they have to constantly rush new engines to production.

I get they want to produce new product..I get that...but to alienate a majority of people who only need a few parts to keep older engines running, thinking that those same people will just buy new engines...is insane.

Let's see,,, I need 130.00 in parts to fix a motor... ok, no parts ? I'll just spend 600.00 on this new one !

Maybe some Italian's will buy up the machine tools and just start cranking out aftermarket parts for all types of older engines... now there's an idea .
Media has
Warning....rant on !

Mecoea has the tooling he bought the tooling and rights to a dozen engine manufacturers he has k&b hb up fox Enya among others he has all the tooling and was pumping out k&b full line as early as 2019 . He has slowed up I see he still has 82 and 90size inboards in stock and there .18 and sport marine engines and it says there working on the others plus the outboards I talk to the owner a few times and he is a rare dude old school don't ask me anything this is the way it is no matter what type guy if you look at his website you'll see he is a salty guy and he would rather not sell you something if he thinks your annoying him .he is a definite piece of work. But he has the tooling the parts and resources to stock the entire k&b marine line .he has every part you need for the engines .so I don't know what his deal is it seems making money isn't his concern .

Latest posts

Back