A90/A45 Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Bontoft

Hello

I have just signed on to be the dealer for Mr Averianov in the US. He manufactures the A series of engines. If you have any questions or require pricing information on any of his products please contact me at [email protected]. I am in the process of receiving my first stocking order. I will have both engines and spare parts. A web site is in the works. I should be up and running within a month and able to supply these high Quality Russian engines.

Thankyou

Mike Bontoft

Hello

The person I am dealing with is Russian so I was assuming it was a Russian engine. When I was in Germany a couple of months ago I had a chance to inspect these engines and was very impressed by their quality, performance and the fine machine work (I am a machinist myself by trade). It does not surprise me when you say it is german engineering.

Mike

The ones I have had have been very well made, I have not had any breakages! Their performance has been pretty good to... ;D

Have you run any of the engines Mike? I am interested to hear how the A-90LS goes, I have only used athe A-90HP's and A100's.

Ian.

Between the A and the K motors they are the 2 finest made motors in the world!

Leaves the CMB/Picco/Mac FOR dead

Dale

I think that the A series engines are too complicated. To many things to break. They have a lot of torque, but they wont wind out like a K90. Out of the box, that is. I have seen a lot of engines, and out of the box, I think the K90 is by far the best .90 ever made. (except for the caged connecting rod bearing :p ) At the makers cup, I strolled right by a A90 in a microburst like it was standing still with my Kingcraft+K90. I have gone 70mph with mine, I don't know what the SAW record is for a .90 mono in the states, but 70mph for a heat configuration is awefully fast. Owe a lot to the boat, though.

My 20yen.

Hammer

Mark,

The K-90's in particular have done quite well in NAMBA from memory. The current world Champ in 15cc hydro uses a K-90. A K-90 was used to set the Australian X hydro SAW and oval records, the SAW is over 100 mph. There were 2 K-90 boats entered in the AMPBA nats, and both placed in quite large fields.

The uptake of A motors has been smaller, in Aus I only know of 3 people actively racing them. With the first A-90 it managed about 68 mph, with only modified disc timing, using fuel with no nitro, in a 46" heat racing mono. The same motor has won the South Australian titles for X mono 2 years in a row against a field of CMB's and Macs.

Craig Chenco took his A-90 powered Seaducer to the Namba nats a couple of years ago and placed 3rd (I think). He told me later a broken flex cost him the number one spot.

Ian.

Did some research! The K90 won the JMPBA nats two years in a row. (2000, and 2001)in 15cc Hydro class. The winner of the 2002 JMPBA nats was a Nelson .90. The marine version is over a 1000 dollars to buy here. Sorry!

Hammer

Dale,

Only one problem though, parts in the future? And

I have not seen a lot of Oval or Straightaway trials

records with these GREAT MOTORS.I am sure they

are good, but not a lot to back them up yet.Did they

dominate your AMPBA NATS ?

Thanks,

Mark :)
Parts are not a problem pick up the phone and call AL Hobbs, he has every part in stock and will ship straight away, i had my new piston and liner in 4 days! from the US to AUS,

Andy brown held the straight a way record with a K90 for a long time! since the MAC motors came on the scene he has stopped using it obusally,

i won X Hydro with my K90 powered twin, ops came second and a twin mac 3rd, none of the macs can keep up with the twin 90's weather they be CMB/K/A whatever, nothing is better than cubic capacaty,

Nitrocrased placed second with His K90 x Mono,

the world titles in x class were dominated by K motors, 1st with Anders and 3rd with Al Hobbs,

We have clocked K90 powered twins at 154km/h in oval trim!! nitrocrazed witnessed this as well, not a mac powered boat in oval trim will ever come close to this!

ive owned mac 84's before and no matter what you do to them they will never perform or have the power of a 90.

Dale

Between the A and the K motors they are the 2 finest made motors in the world! Leaves the CMB/Picco/Mac FOR dead

----------------------------------------------------------------

Twin K90. Come on, a race win here or there doesn't mean the leave CMB/PICCO/MAC for Dead. BS ???

CMB, Picco and Mac have dominated for years and will continue to do so in the future.

Tell us what brand engines doninated your X-Classes for the past year or so down under. Maybe Wild Bill can comment ?.

Ed.

Have you ever seen inside a A or a K motor?? probably not

you will note that i said the finest MADE motors, and they do leave the CMB/picco/mac for dead

Wild bill is doing very well with the CMB's he is very very fast but bill always has been no matter what motor he is using.

when there are 80% of the field using the one brand of motor you have to expect that CMB will get a lot of wins, but this wasnt the case at the nats, they won 2 classes, X mono and A Hydro,

considering that im the only person running K motors in X hydro at the moment they are doing pretty well against the 10 CMB powered twins/singles, and 3 or 4 mac powered twins/singles, and NitroCrazed is the only X mono in the country running a K motor his second place is a awesome effort even with some motor problems, there were 13 or so CMB powered boats in X mono as well.

Picco didnt even get a place from what i can see,

We will see more and more k motors in the next year or so as they are getting cheaper!

Dale

Hey Guys

I think this is all getting a bit out of hand. This thread should not be about slamming this or that brand of motor. I own CMB's and have pulled apart Mac motors and both are fine. They are great motors too! Numerically, due to price/performance/reliability, the CMB's and Mac's are dominant here is Australia, so will always feature strongly in the results.

I don't like running what EVERYONE else is running, so I use other brands of motors. The A's and K's are simply valid alternatives for people who want something a bit different.

I think this thread should end here! ;D

Twin K90. Yes I have seen looked inside my K90 and they are as well machined as the CMB/MAC. Infact I often needed to look inside my K90 to repair the stuck P/L's, broken wrist pin's, rod's etc.

As I said, one race win here or there. How did your X-Hydro place at other race meetings down under last year and where did CMB place ?. Tell the truth now!.

ED.

Nitrocrazed, One sided BS is a bit hard to take after a while and needs to be explianed or corrected.

ED

i only raced at one other meeting this year and placed 4th, not due to motor problems but boat issues, my boat has done very little running and am still sorting out handeling issues, Wild bills CMB's won that meeting in a different boat due to boom problems with his,

try running more oil, you wont stick pistons then, i stuck one the first time i leaned on it, went to 17% klotz 5% caster and can lean on it now with no problems and the liners still look like new,

Back