A/A 45 Engines Have Arrived

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the P/S for the 45 A/A motors end up fitting the Mac motors also?

And if so, do the ports also line up inside the case?

Anyone check yet?

Thanks!!

I under stand that the P/S will also fit the CMB 45's?

David

I am in Louisiana at the NAMBA Nats. It is truly hot and humid here, but the racing has been fun. I received some of the A/A 45 parts before I left for Louisiana, but the pistons and sleeves had not arrived yet. I am told that a big box has arrived from Italy and is waiting at my house.

I'll be home late next week.

Al Hobbs

I am in Louisiana at the NAMBA Nats. It is truly hot and humid here, but the racing has been fun. I received some of the A/A 45 parts before I left for Louisiana, but the pistons and sleeves had not arrived yet. I am told that a big box has arrived from Italy and is waiting at my house.

I'll be home late next week.

Al Hobbs
Al, I have a good friend who is Bass Aquards and has his remote needle behind the carb-he was wondering if there's a way to point the fuel nipple to the rear?

Thanks,

Glenn

Al

When you return from the NATS would you send me out a A/A 45 Pipe & an A/A 10 degree header W / Spring.....also 2 silicone seals for the header.

Thanks

Joe

GlennG

Robert Holland has turned his Fuel inlet on the A/A Carb by removing it frome the engine, removing the O-ring and heating

it and then rotating it....

Thanks

Joe

Al

When you return from the NATS would you send me out a A/A 45 Pipe & an A/A 10 degree header W / Spring.....also 2 silicone seals for the header.

Thanks

Joe

GlennG

Robert Holland has turned his Fuel inlet on the A/A Carb by removing it frome the engine, removing the O-ring and heating

Thanks

Joe
Thanks Joe, It looks like it's pressed in- Did Robert use a heat shrink gun to warm the Alum. to get it out-or just punch it out with a socket and warm the Alum. and freeze the brass before re-assembly?

Glenn

Al

Thanks

Joe

GlennG

Thanks

Joe
Thanks Joe, It looks like it's pressed in- Did Robert use a heat shrink gun to warm the Alum. to get it out-or just punch it out with a socket and warm the Alum. and freeze the brass before re-assembly?

Glenn

Glenn,

It is a pressed in fit. I heated everything in the oven, then hit it real quick with the torch. I then twisted the barrel with with channel locks while my son held the carb body with channel locks. we protected the pieces by wrapping the channel locks with tape. Be careful not to twist next to the fuel nipple or it might break. I did not knock the entire brass out but it could easily be done that way. I did not want to try and get it back in.

Robert

Al

Thanks

Joe

GlennG

Thanks

Joe

Glenn

Glenn,

It is a pressed in fit. I heated everything in the oven, then hit it real quick with the torch. I then twisted the barrel with with channel locks while my son held the carb body with channel locks. we protected the pieces by wrapping the channel locks with tape. Be careful not to twist next to the fuel nipple or it might break. I did not knock the entire brass out but it could easily be done that way. I did not want to try and get it back in.

Robert

Al,

Do you have headers for these motors?? The 45's that is???

Robert

Al

Thanks

Joe

GlennG

Thanks

Joe

Glenn

Glenn,

Robert
Hmmm, About 300 degrees in the oven? Still like to know if you want to sell the Mutt Sport 40?

Thanks,

Glenn

I had them make 10 degree and 15 degree headers for the A/A 45. I have been in Louisiana for the past week and a half, so I do not know if they have been shipped to me yet. I hope so becasue August is coming soon and all the Italians take August as vacation.

In the meantime I am using my CMDI headers.

Al Hobbs

Very Very Nice Dude

I Like It ;) any Idea how much fuel they use .

do they run on std fuel ( non nitro )

Last edited by a moderator:
Nitro is expensive in Europe. Engines manufactured in Europe run well on low nitro, or no nitro content fuels. To get similar power using low nitro fuel, you will have to work with engine compression.

While we are racing with 50% and 60% nitro content fuels, in Europe they are often running the same engines with only 5% or 10% nitro content fuel.

They also can run hard in Europe meeting 80 db noise levels with the meter set up at the water's edge.

Al Hobbs

Al:

Forget about anything fron Italy for a while, now that

they lost in the first round of the world cup....

We'll be in morning for at a year (LOL).

Ran the new AA45 this past weekend in a Sport 40. The motor ran great. Ran two tanks thru the new motor on Friday. And race the boat on the next day. Speed was very good, better than the Pico that was in the boat. Made a couple of changes on the boat to allow for the speed but will have to build a new boat to handle the power and speed of the motor. Great motor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark,

I'm glad it ran well for you.

In Louisiana, Justin Hill blew up his 8 year old K45 engine. We took an A/A 45 out of the box and without even setting the head clearance, he put it into his rigger. He did get 8 ounces through it at a rich setting before his first heat race. After 3 rounds he was in 2nd or 3rd place overall but the boat dumped in the 4th round and he finished out of the trophies.

I am quite happy with how this engine runs dead stock. I'm getting one ready to race myself in Hungary next month.

Al Hobbs

Mark,

I'm glad it ran well for you.

In Louisiana, Justin Hill blew up his 8 year old K45 engine. We took an A/A 45 out of the box and without even setting the head clearance, he put it into his rigger. He did get 8 ounces through it at a rich setting before his first heat race. After 3 rounds he was in 2nd or 3rd place overall but the boat dumped in the 4th round and he finished out of the trophies.

I am quite happy with how this engine runs dead stock. I'm getting one ready to race myself in Hungary next month.

Al Hobbs
The motor runs very well at 0.010 deck and 50% nitro. I bolted the motor in the Sport 40 that a Orlic Pico came out of and did not have to change anything on the motor mount holes, shaft, or carb linkage. A exact replacement.

Did the P/S for the 45 A/A motors end up fitting the Mac motors also?

And if so, do the ports also line up inside the case?

Anyone check yet?

Thanks!!

Any confirmation of this please ??

Thanks!!

Anybody??

Hi Al,

If you have P/S sets and no Mac cases to try them in, I'd be more than happy to loan you a case to check.

I know you'd rather sell complete motors, but I have too many Macs and Piccos to justify any new motors right now.

Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back