A/A 45 Engines Have Arrived

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Al for a great engine. I was able to win sport 40 and B-hydro with a Mutt II powered by the standard intake A/A 45....
biggrin.gif
Let the spanking begin!!!!

Congrats Rob. I watched all your runs on Saturday and could not believe how well your boat was running. I'm really happy with the reports I'm getting from all over; including Europe, Australia, Canada and across the USA. These results make the effort worthwhile.

Al Hobbs

I had a chance to run my new AA/45 over the weekend in a PT Sport 40 with an old AB 45 parabolic pipe set at 9 5/8 and swinging a stock X450/2. The motor was stone stock out of the box and into my boat. I was able to run about a 1/2 gallon of 50% through it. After a couple of tanks with a rich needle I slowly started to lean it out a little with each subsequent tank. By the end of the afternoon I had run 6 tanks and it was getting close to the proper needle setting though still on the rich side. I am very impressed with the performance so far. Next time out I'll get the needle dialed in and start to shorten the pipe and play with the strut set up. I see alot of potential with these motors. Josh-

I had the chance to view a AA 45 engine & pipe this weekend. The pipe looks just like the CMDI 45 Parobolic Pipe we all loved! Hopefully Al has many of these 45 pipes?

Kalistratov produced the parabolic pipes. Shortly before he died, he sent me cases of pipes in return for the money I had sent him to make some more engines.

After Kalistratov was gone, I took a couple of the Kalistratov pipes to Italy, and Rossi agreed to make some for me. The pipes made by Rossi are polished, nice and shiny with the A/A logo engraved. The pipe has a pressure tap installed at the factory.

Joe, you did not say how the A/A 45 engine ran. I hope it ran well.

Al Hobbs

Kalistratov produced the parabolic pipes. Shortly before he died, he sent me cases of pipes in return for the money I had sent him to make some more engines.

After Kalistratov was gone, I took a couple of the Kalistratov pipes to Italy, and Rossi agreed to make some for me. The pipes made by Rossi are polished, nice and shiny with the A/A logo engraved. The pipe has a pressure tap installed at the factory.

Joe, you did not say how the A/A 45 engine ran. I hope it ran well.

Al Hobbs
Al the engine was disassembled & being prepped for a test run. I did not get to see the engine run @ this time. The Pipe looks EXCELLENT !!

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have a big supply of the K21 Nitro, K21 Muffled, 21 Fat Pipe, K 45 muffled, K67 muffled, 80 Nitro, and 90 quiet pipe from Kalistratov.

Rossi has made me a pipe for the A/A 21 Marine, a pipe for the A/A 21 Car, the 45 parabolic and the 80/90 parabolic.

The Rossi made pipes are all polished and engraved with the A/A logo.

Al Hobbs

I still have a big supply of the K21 Nitro, K21 Muffled, 21 Fat Pipe, K 45 muffled, K67 muffled, 80 Nitro, and 90 quiet pipe from Kalistratov.

Rossi has made me a pipe for the A/A 21 Marine, a pipe for the A/A 21 Car, the 45 parabolic and the 80/90 parabolic.

Al Hobbs
Al,

Will you be able to bring a selection of these with you the the NAMBA Nat's?

Al Hobbs
Al,

I am planning to bring an assorment so everyone can see theproducts.

Al

Al Hobbs
Al,

I am planning to bring an assorment so everyone can see theproducts.

Al
Out Standing

Just received 45 & 67 A/A pipes for our NLMBC race, they look very good, close to CMDI's very popular "parabolic" pipes.

Even have the pressure fitting attached and the nice "A/A" logo lazer etched on them.

I'm sure they'll be quite popular! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received 45 & 67 A/A pipes for our NLMBC race, they look very good, close to CMDI's very popular "parabolic" pipes.

Even have the pressure fitting attached and the nice "A/A" logo lazer etched on them.

I'm sure they'll be quite popular! :)

Terry,

Would it be possible for some pics to be posted of those pipes? Interested, as I am sure some others are as well, to see what the pipes look like, especially compared to the parabolics. Thanks.

Al Hobbs is down in New Orleans for the Namba Nats. He is there untill next weekend. If you do a search the prices were there for the engines. I believe the A/A 21 with pipe and header is around $500 US and the 45 (just the engine) is $410 US. Not sure about the prices on the pipes but Al used to sell the CMDi pipes for around $75 so I'm sure they are in the same ballpark $$$$ wise. It all depends on the currency conversion too between the euro and US dollar....

Did the P/S for the 45 A/A motors end up fitting the Mac motors also?

And if so, do the ports also line up inside the case?

Anyone check yet?

Thanks!!

Al Hobbs is down in New Orleans for the Namba Nats. He is there untill next weekend. If you do a search the prices were there for the engines. I believe the A/A 21 with pipe and header is around $500 US and the 45 (just the engine) is $410 US. Not sure about the prices on the pipes but Al used to sell the CMDi pipes for around $75 so I'm sure they are in the same ballpark $$$$ wise. It all depends on the currency conversion too between the euro and US dollar....

thanks rob , i didn't no he was away

Back