.90 "JAE"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will need to send me your email and I can send you the cad drawings. Just let me know which ones you want. The drawings are for a twin 45 nitro but you can narrow the tub about 1" and move the bulkheads where you want. For a single go with a 1 1/4" wide single skii. 40% of weight on tail.

David
Thank you for your attention...looking forward to it.... :)

David I pmed you the email address . If its okay with you Id like to post it once I get it to share with everyone. Is that Okay?

"I will build the jig today" for the 4th time lol IM busy you all ; sorry.

BD that keps looks like its got more in it.....
I think it has, but i was having compatibility problems between the leopard motor and the Schulze speed controller....

i will give "mine all" in this JAE rigger.....With all the help of everyone...it will "SCREAM"....

Best Regards ;)

Kevin, yes u are right, but I leave the lightening up to the builder. You also need to remember what classes this boat will be racing, open hydro, twin hydro, F hydro, even twin gas (open hydro), lots of really rough water and abuse in those classes. You can build the tub walls with 1/8 if you want but you may need to add a little more support in the corners and top. Also the bottom would be fine at 1/16 but for heat racing the additional weight will not be an issue. The prototype 101 came in at 8 lbs 14 oz using 1/4 on tub sides and 1/8 on the tub bottom, ready to run less fuel. But on the other hand I think an ultra light 2 lap boat would have a really good shot at the twin 2 lap record.

Happy Cutting, keep that laser sharp.

You will need to send me your email and I can send you the cad drawings. Just let me know which ones you want. The drawings are for a twin 45 nitro but you can narrow the tub about 1" and move the bulkheads where you want. For a single go with a 1 1/4" wide single skii. 40% of weight on tail.

David
Thank you for your attention...looking forward to it.... :)

David I pmed you the email address . If its okay with you Id like to post it once I get it to share with everyone. Is that Okay?

"I will build the jig today" for the 4th time lol IM busy you all ; sorry.

BD that keps looks like its got more in it.....
I think it has, but i was having compatibility problems between the leopard motor and the Schulze speed controller....

i will give "mine all" in this JAE rigger.....With all the help of everyone...it will "SCREAM"....

Best Regards ;)
BD I thought you ran the yge esc?

Last edited:
...No i didn´t....

The YGE was on mine heli...don´t want it to catch water, and say bye bye...both to heli and boat, for not having speed controller......

I was using the schultze but it is´nt working with the leopard.....

Regards

nice plans David. I see the drivelines are curved out to the skis. Definately not a good canidate for wires. ill likely use 1/4 inch flexshaft for the .90 and 187 flexes for the twin.

Hugh :lol:

...No i didn´t....

The YGE was on mine heli...don´t want it to catch water, and say bye bye...both to heli and boat, for not having speed controller......

I was using the schultze but it is´nt working with the leopard.....

Regards
Give Ben at fightercat racing esc's a try on the leo. They may even have telemetry they def have datalogging.

Last edited:
nice plans David. I see the drivelines are curved out to the skis. Definately not a good canidate for wires. ill likely use 1/4 inch flexshaft for the .90 and 187 flexes for the twin.

Hugh :lol:
Come on Hugh, where is your confidence in your setup on the wire drive and your spirit of adventure. There are already JAE boats with wire drives that are running VERY SUCCESSFULLY.

Charles

Last edited by a moderator:
Charles im running 1/4 in flex in my .90 and .187 in the twin. If I were you id take a look at the twin plans before talking. Run wire in yours I want my motors as low in the tub as I can get them s-bends fascilitate that .Good day sir. -_-

2 compound curves( sbend and offset) on a wire drive not likely for me daddy. S-bends provide another trick besides lowering cg that maybe some dont know about...........

the best wire setups use minimal bend.

Last edited:
done:

So Friday ill begin assembly. Ill start cutting the basic parts the rest of the week as time permits. Ill post progress.

BD you started yet? I sent you the files. hope you got them.

Hugh

Last edited:
David you were right: the tub design is totally different :huh: what was the reason for doing away with the tipped bow? Can I use the same tub design on the .90? Really really nice plans David.

hugh

Last edited:
Hugh, Yes the sponsons are the same. The tube spacing is the same. The tub is 1 1/4" longer for the 90 / 101. Use a 1 3/8" wide ski at 2 degrees. Move the motor back far enough to get 40% of the weight on the ski. CG should be around the center of the turn fin.

The reason for the new tub design is to eliminate lift. Some testing Martin Truex did helped out there. All the new drawings will include the new tub design. Made a big difference in the new 40 boat.

Hugh, Yes the sponsons are the same. The tube spacing is the same. The tub is 1 1/4" longer for the 90 / 101. Use a 1 3/8" wide ski at 2 degrees. Move the motor back far enough to get 40% of the weight on the ski. CG should be around the center of the turn fin.

The reason for the new tub design is to eliminate lift. Some testing Martin Truex did helped out there. All the new drawings will include the new tub design. Made a big difference in the new 40 boat.

David the sponsons on the 45 twin are sligtly different . You got rid of the sharp point on-like on- the .90 ad replaced it with a rounded nose. The angle of the sponsons on the twin look to add some additional downforce. Whats I meant above is the tub if flat on the bottom all the way down.

Does the twin HAVE to be launced? or will it get up from a standstil for (FE) ?

At what height on the turn fin should the cg be due to lay back on the fin ie water level height when running or bottom of the fin. Thanks.

Im not really clear on what you are asking? Maybe someone else is??? :huh: Pm David Hall for a quiker response

Hugh

Last edited:
What im asking is the middle of the turn fin should be at the boats cg point. Because turn fins slope back the middle of the fin at say the bottom is in a different place to the middle of the fin at the top of the fin so at what point on the fin vertially is the middle. I will mail David as well . thanks.

OH ok wat I had planned to do is weight the boat when its done; then put the trailing edge of the sponsons on a suface of equal height as the scale then put the scale under the ski and move things around until I see 40 percent of my weight at the ski. I assumed this would put me in the ballpark as far as cg was concerned. As far as where on the turnfin - id just take the average diastance from the top of the fin and the bottom; if thats was a concern, which for me it really isnt. The 40 percent on the ski is. As far as the motors are concerned I will try to get them as low in the hull as I can.

Hugh

Last edited:

David the sponsons on the 45 twin are sligtly different . You got rid of the sharp point on-like on- the .90 ad replaced it with a rounded nose. The angle of the sponsons on the twin look to add some additional downforce. Whats I meant above is the tub if flat on the bottom all the way down.

Does the twin HAVE to be launced? or will it get up from a standstil for (FE) ?

Hugh I was not very clear, The new single 90/101 and the twin 45 have the same sponsons and shape tub. The 90/101 is 1 1/4" longer. Unless the boat has 10lbs of battery it will launch from a stand still. Yes the tub is flat on the bottom from one end to the other.

At what height on the turn fin should the cg be due to lay back on the fin ie water level height when running or bottom of the fin. Thanks.
Martin the CG will work just fine in the center of the fin at the water line. Actually it will work fine 1" either side of that point.

Back