2012 Nitro Internats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear thru the Grape Vine - Mark Grannis is Kicking some butt with Ralps borrowed RoadRunner Twin under his arm? B) B)

Last edited by a moderator:
The final US-1 heat racing scores have been uploaded to the rcracingevents website. The trophy time trials start tomorrow with the Ovals and the SAW's are due to run on Friday. We finally got a break from tropical storm Beryl with very low winds and gave us calm water and the racing really intensified. Was tough on Sunday and Monday with 20-30 mph winds all day churning up a lot of chop.

For those that are looking for the US-1 heat racing results click on the above link. The specialty class heat racing will be tomorrow and are those classes with no scores posted.

The US-1 competitions are now complete but the results will be announced on Sunday. We have the final heat racing to complete tomorrow with the banquet tomorrow night when the awards will be given. The racers do not know who the US-1 winners are until the banquet.

The time trials went well but no records set when I left today. More record attempts were still being made. The D/40 Hydro 2 lap 1/3rd mile oval record currently held by Martin Truex Jr of 17.158 seconds is being severely tested by Stu Barr. He is using a complete heat racing 45 Crapshooter, CMB 45 VAC, CMB Nitro pipe, and ran 18.2 seconds. He was going to try and get it late today when the water calmed down a little. What a rocket! Rick Grim's 45 Crapshooter is a rocket as well.

Mark Grannis ran over 90 mph with a Roadrunner twin belonging to Ralph Almirola in the SAW trials today. That is a straight heat racing boat and not a SAW boat. Many of the time trials results were exceptionally close.

Thanks for the update John-

For those that raced hard and EARNED a US-1 - Congrats ;)

That's an awesome feat to achieve, stand proud. B) B) B)

Please post the final results when you can John.

Martin, thats a mighty big (small :rolleyes: ) number- if Stu knocks that down - he earned it for sure ;)

Andy

Thanks Phil, saw that part on RcRacingevents.com but was wondering how it all shook out after oval 2 lap and saws ???

Congrats btw- you ran well this week ;)

Thanks Phil, saw that part on RcRacingevents.com but was wondering how it all shook out after oval 2 lap and saws ???

Congrats btw- you ran well this week ;)
Well im sure Stan got the US1 Hereis the oval results
See how the totals for US1 are listed on the right side. Mary Davis and Terry Keely say THANKS to Tom Morehouse for that program.

A LOT of changing occured when the SAW trials were held today and those scores were not posted, intentionally. Don't want to speculate and will have to wait for Saturday evening to find out. Only Marty Davis and I know the final results for every award and we are NOT telling!!!

Phil is correct, the software program from Tom M. is absolutely great and is a real breeze to use and calculate the results. Well done!

Despite the lower turnout this year,I have had some of my greatest Internats memories made this year. Thank you to the Charleston Model Boaters for putting on one of the best Internats. It was alot like a "class renunion" with all the long-time members here together in one place. Congrats also to Josh Black for being the youngest driver to win US-1.

I hear thru the Grape Vine - Mark Grannis is Kicking some butt with Ralps borrowed RoadRunner Twin under his arm? B) B)
Mark Grannis getting it done with a RR 101RS POWER once again these monsters are hard to beat.. Congrats Mr. Grannis

Latest posts

Back