2012 Nitro Internats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im in for 1 med/maybe 2 and 1 large- can send my money with Otto or Gene- let me know Marty.

AWESOME shirts .....

Wish we could make it.

Andy
Andy,

I cannot use any maybes, I need specific size(s) and numbers. Let me know exactly what you want. I have a list I am compiling now. I am doing the race shirts for the CMB club.

John

PS: your butt best be here for the Fall Nats. I have heard all of the excuses I want from you so make plans on coming and registering for the race when it is opened up in July. The TBM cannot protect you dude!

1 large / 1 medium -

We are trying are best to be there for the Fall Nats John and Robin-

BTW , I dont hide under their umbrella- I EXPAND on it B) :p :p

Andy
andy if you want the ultimate X-mono wars, be ready for October..do not snooze!! :D
Man that little Pekinese has been yappin' from the front porch like FOREVER. Showin' up @ Charleston? I'll believe it when I SEE it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr English...I hope you did not 4 get who WON last year,60 mono,90mono at the Fall Nats. I am glad to see that you guys are done licking your wounds. If you need some Sea Salt,hit me up lol...just kidding can not wait to see you guys SOON. I will be the Wedding Crasher... Jeremy Edge...your next.... :)

Im in for 1 med/maybe 2 and 1 large- can send my money with Otto or Gene- let me know Marty.

AWESOME shirts .....

Wish we could make it.

Andy
Andy,

I cannot use any maybes, I need specific size(s) and numbers. Let me know exactly what you want. I have a list I am compiling now. I am doing the race shirts for the CMB club.

John

PS: your butt best be here for the Fall Nats. I have heard all of the excuses I want from you so make plans on coming and registering for the race when it is opened up in July. The TBM cannot protect you dude!

1 large / 1 medium -

We are trying are best to be there for the Fall Nats John and Robin-

BTW , I dont hide under their umbrella- I EXPAND on it B) :p :p

Andy
andy if you want the ultimate X-mono wars, be ready for October..do not snooze!! :D
Man that little Pekinese has been yappin' from the front porch like FOREVER. Showin' up @ Charleston? I'll believe it when I SEE it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
amen, don ;) ........

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I must. After weeks of negotiating with our supplier and a complete failure to get the design correctly placed, the print sizing correct, having several price increases, and we could not get them delivered in time for the start of the race, we were forced to cancel the order for the tee shirts. We regret immensely that we could not get them for the racers and other interested parties. Refunds will be given to those that have pre-paid.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I must. After weeks of negotiating with our supplier and a complete failure to get the design correctly placed, the print sizing correct, having several price increases, and we could not get them delivered in time for the start of the race, we were forced to cancel the order for the tee shirts. We regret immensely that we could not get them for the racers and other interested parties. Refunds will be given to those that have pre-paid.
This was a process called "All Over Printing" which only a few companies can do. Takes special equipment to do this process as it goes onto the sleeve and collar. Jeni couldn't have done this. This company was recommended by Roger Hooks, Jr who designed the shirts. They just kept trying to raise the price and the design kept shrinking every time they send a sample. I think that they have a process that they do to try to get increased revenue. We finally just had enough of their BS and had to cancel. The design was awesome as you saw and in order to do justice to Roger's design efforts, we decided to do it half ass was not the way to do it. I am mostly sorry for all the competitors who were looking forward to the shirts and especially to Roger Hooks, Jr for all the time that he put in designing the shirts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummer there isnt even a 'half assed' shirt for the internats.
There could have been one of those kinds of T Shirt if we had gone ahead with this companies product. :) The ONLY way that we would have a T Shirt for this event would have been first class.

Marty is right only certain companies can do this newer type of design. The shirt was awsome. This type of shirt is done with ink and on a belt printer..sometimes it is done before the shirts are sewn together. I hope Roger finds another company that can do it and uses that design at another race. (go to Tshirt forum and go to all over design and it has a number of companies that do this) Being in the t shirt business I don't understand the reason behind any price increase after a quote is given. I think it was the right thing to do...cancel the order and don't do business with them again. jj

Last edited by a moderator:
There are thousands of places across the US that could have produced a 'quality' shirt in a timely manner, without the drama. It may not have been that exact design (although it could have been), but could have been close. Of all the 'experienced' racers putting this race on, no one had a back up plan? Heck, there is even still time for someone to pump out a nice shirt.

I have no dog in this fight, so it is what it is. Baffling.

Either way, I am sure those who are able to attend this race will enjoy themselves, hard not to do in a city like Charleston.

To the racers incoming, we have some special events planned for the Internats starting this weekend:

1. Monday during the racing, we will have some ice cream floats served for the racers. It is an old time Internats tradition.

2. Tuesday after racing, we will be having a dinner at Gilligan's Seafood Restaurant at 6 pm coupled with a manufacturer party by Technology Hobbies/John Otto and likely some others too. We hope that all racers and guests will attend to justify getting the banquet room for free. We wil be ordering from the menu and each racer pays their own tab.

3. Wednesday after racing, at the lake, we will be having a shrimp boil prepared by some of the Corbin clan. It is also coupled with a manufacturer party by CMB Engines/Crapshooter Boats/Stu Barr and likely some others too. Contributions will be taken to pay for the meal.

4. Thursday evening the IMPBA National Board will be having their primary annual meeting here in Charleston. President Kevin Sheren is coming in and will preside.

5. The race banquet will be held Saturday evening at the Island Porch Banquet Facility/Gilligan's at 7 pm with a catered special meal. All awards will be given out for the Internats.

There are some discussions about some addditional after race activities on Monday evening. Announcement will be made at the race if plans come together.

The CMB Club and the Internats Committee is doing all we can to make this an excellent and memorable Internats and we thank all that have chosen to attend. You will be most pleased.

John,

I know there is a glitch with RCracingevents and the scores are not posting in results. Maybe you can, if you have time in your busy day, post the winners. Inquiring minds want to know? Not much glory in model boat racing and Internat winners deserve their names put up for sure.

Mic

Just wondering what day all you racers will get to pond...PLEASE..Speed limit is 15mph on road to pond..Do not go faster than that. We need to respect the rules enforced in this neighborhood. See everybody next week. jj

Latest posts

Back