2010 Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
064.jpg

No description needed :lol:

Unfortunately, the racing is over and all the awards handed out. For those that attended, it was a great weekend, even with Saturday afternoon's rain. Marty and Al have once again done a great job with the event. With Marty handling the admin and Al, with the assistance of Eric Bourlet and Mike Hughes(on Sunday)up on the driver's stand, the event ran like a swiss watch. My congrats go to the class winners and a special Congrats to Rob "Duck" Duckering who took home the award for best of show with his Bardahl. Believe me, the picture in his signature does nothing for the boat. To those that missed this year, make your plans now to attend. I know I'll be back, boat in hand.

On a few personal notes:

Mike, if you do get to come out, I'll save a spot in the pits for you B)

Mr Waters, BEWARE, I will get even and you know what for, but better still is I have a year to come up with something ;) :)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Trouble maker :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Seventh Annual Northwest Scale Hydroplane Race is in the books

My thanks go out to all those who attended, even with the marginal weather conditions we had over the weekend. I also want to say a special thank-you to the folks that showed up, not to run a boat, but to help run the race; Al Waters and I could not do it without your help.

This year we had 62 Scale Hydroplanes running in five different classes with some of the best racing I have ever seen.

Now on to the important stuff like who won….

· 1/8 Scale Nitro Class - Kirk Maupin ( this is Kirk's 3rd win )

· 1/7 Scale Gas Hydro Class- John Olson

· 1/7 Scale Electric Vintage Class Mike Campbell

· 1/7 Scale Electric Modern Class Mike Campbell

· NAMBA Classic Thunderboat Class - Mike Cathey

· Best of Show Rob Duckering with his beautiful 1964 Bardahl

Keep an eye on the NW Scale Hydroplane website at www.pnwta.org for updated information including video and photos from this year's race and information on the upcoming 2011 race; it's only 365 days away, so you might want to start planning now.

Marty Shallenberger

Last edited by a moderator:

My thanks go out to all those who attended, even with the marginal weather conditions we had over the weekend. I also want to say a special thank-you to the folks that showed up, not to run a boat, but to help run the race; Al Waters and I could not do it without your help.

This year we had 62 Scale Hydroplanes running in five different classes with some of the best racing I have ever seen.

· 1/8 Scale Nitro Class - Kurt Maupin ( this is Kurt's 3rd win )

· 1/7 Scale Electric Vintage Class – Mike Campbell

· 1/7 Scale Electric Modern Class – Mike Campbell

· Best of Show – Rob Duckering with his beautiful 1964 Bardahl

Keep an eye on the NW Scale Hydroplane website at www.pnwta.org for updated information including video and photos from this year's race and information on the upcoming 2011 race; it's only 365 days away, so you might want to start planning now.

Marty Shallenberger
I think it's Kirk, not Kurt and it looks like it was fun.

Sorry we couldn't be there.

Bill

My son Allen recorded the entire 2010 Northwest Scale Championship and he plans to burn Dvd's for anyone who is interested. Right now he is in the process of editing the videos. And will post a new topic for when and where it will be available. Stay tuned :)

· 1/8 Scale Nitro Class - Kurt Maupin ( this is Kurt's 3rd win )

· 1/7 Scale Electric Vintage Class – Mike Campbell

· 1/7 Scale Electric Modern Class – Mike Campbell

· Best of Show – Rob Duckering with his beautiful 1964 Bardahl

Marty Shallenberger
I think it's Kirk, not Kurt and it looks like it was fun.

Sorry we couldn't be there.

Bill
Bill-Thanks for catching the typo

My son Allen recorded the entire 2010 Northwest Scale Championship and he plans to burn Dvd's for anyone who is interested. Right now he is in the process of editing the videos. And will post a new topic for when and where it will be available. Stay tuned :)
Jim- Put me on the list for one

Marty

Unfortunately, the racing is over and all the awards handed out. For those that attended, it was a great weekend, even with Saturday afternoon's rain. Marty and Al have once again done a great job with the event. With Marty handling the admin and Al, with the assistance of Eric Bourlet and Mike Hughes(on Sunday)up on the driver's stand, the event ran like a swiss watch. My congrats go to the class winners and a special Congrats to Rob "Duck" Duckering who took home the award for best of show with his Bardahl. Believe me, the picture in his signature does nothing for the boat. To those that missed this year, make your plans now to attend. I know I'll be back, boat in hand.

On a few personal notes:

Mike, if you do get to come out, I'll save a spot in the pits for you B)

Mr Waters, BEWARE, I will get even and you know what for, but better still is I have a year to come up with something ;) :)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Trouble maker :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not me, I'm sweet and lovable, just ask the wife :)

Put me in for one......and one of those Red Boats :D :D

Kirk Maupin's beautiful and super fast Atlas Van Lines which won the 'show and go' award as well as the final heat.

I only ran 2 boats.....lots of time....even got you launching 'saymikey'..... :D

Back