2009 World OB Tunnel Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James Clegg,
James Beasley with a question ref the E/F Class. Since the "OPEN" class was cancelled due to it basically being a re-run of the 7.5 class (redundant) has there been any talk or maybe even a decision I am not aware of being made, about NOT allowing any motors smaller than 11cc (single engine 7.5 cc boats) to run in the E/F class? I foresee the fast 7.5 boats & drivers running their primary 7.5 boats in the E/F class if you do not have this special rule in place. I do not see the rule stated on the race flyer, so as it is now I assume that any displacement engine can be run in E/F Tunnel, right? I personally would like to see only 11cc and up (including allowing twin 7.5 boats) in the E/F class. What is the deal going to be? Thanks, James
Would seem to me that the E/F engine size would dictate that engines running in E/F class would comply with the IMPBA E/F engine size rules. Just my observation.

JD
Yes, that is the assumption I have also, but, the CMB club has in the past modified class rules, which by the IMPBA rule book is allowed, as long as it is posted prior to the race. In fact the 7.5 Sport class is not even an IMPBA class, it is a creation of the CMB club. I am asking so I will know which type of boat to run in order to be competitive, and so I don't waste time preparing the wrong type of boat. Like I said in my previous post, I think a big displacement only class would be neat, and not just another opportunity for people to run 7.5 mods again. JB

Hi James, the E/F class can ONLY run E/F engines. Just like the 7.5 class can only run 7.5 engines (not 7.5 and 3.5 engines...etc) That is an IMPBA rule like Jerry has mentioned and we have always run things this way in all classes unless it is stated differently on the flyer. IMPBA has specifications for every engine/class that states the minimum and maximum displacement allowed. 7.5cc engines will not be allowed in any class, except for the 7.5 classes. The ONLY way it is possible to run a 7.5 engine in this class is in the case of Terry Trott's twin 7.5cc powered boat. It would be perfectly legal as it is within the minimum and maximum displacements allowed. Hope this helps clarify.

Thanks, James

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi James, the E/F class can ONLY run E/F engines. Just like the 7.5 class can only run 7.5 engines (not 7.5 and 3.5 engines...etc) That is an IMPBA rule like Jerry has mentioned and we have always run things this way in all classes unless it is stated differently on the flyer. IMPBA has specifications for every engine/class that states the minimum and maximum displacement allowed. 7.5cc engines will not be allowed in any class, except for the 7.5 classes. The ONLY way it is possible to run a 7.5 engine in this class is in the case of Terry Trott's twin 7.5cc powered boat. It would be perfectly legal as it is within the minimum and maximum displacements allowed. Hope this helps clarify.
Thanks, James

Thanks James,

See ya there, James

alright already, it's in the mail. guess i have to learn to play with the big boys now. <_<

tim

James,

Mine should be in soon.

FE Tunnel (TS-X)

Sport 21 Tunnel (VS-1)

Mod B (Nemesis)

Sport 40 (HTV)

Grim

Mikey, thanks for the heads up, I am looking forward to it...

To all, I have updated the entry list as of today, Feb 18th. Again, if you dont see your name, I dont have your entry. Please let me know if there are any errors.

Click HERE for the Word version

Click HERE for the PDF version.

~James

The list is looking good I see the Tennesse bunch are on it where is the Alabama gang Here kitty kitty. You FE boys need to step up to the plate we dropped the open class that I personaly liked alot because it was a good ol fashion run what you brung race for the little boats that make no noise so get those entries in.

The list is looking good I see the Tennesse bunch are on it where is the Alabama gang Here kitty kitty. You FE boys need to step up to the plate we dropped the open class that I personaly liked alot because it was a good ol fashion run what you brung race for the little boats that make no noise so get those entries in.

Wow no smart reply from any body :huh:

The Tennessee bunch will try do our talking on the lake!

Mark

The Tennessee bunch will try do our talking on the lake!

Mark

All right every body heard that. Bring it to the pond GRASS HOPPER :lol: OH I almost forgot here kitty kitty maybe if I keep calling they will come Here kitty kitty. I have a big ol bowl of whoop a-- for you. :D

Randy, you must have heard about "Mr. Electric" and his performance at the race over the weekend.
Mark,

Haven't talked to Mitch yet this week, but I can only imagine. Me and Drake were going to come up, but Ron had to be in MO for work so I stayed at home..... I KNEW I WOULD MISS SOMETHING GOOD. Leave it to Herbie, it's never a dull moment with Mr. Elec. He had a Chernobyl down here with the tunnel at the one day.

Here Kitty Kitty oh dear I am afraid some thing has happened to my little friends HERE KITTY Oh my has any one seen my little kitty's. Here kitty kitty. Come get your bowl of a--whoop :)

Not much talk from anyone... Whats up with that Tonya?

Where is the God Father?

scarcat.jpg

How bout curious Steve?

curiousgeorgehearl.jpg

Glad Tonya is at least on here trying to get the smack talk going.

redneckTonya.jpg

Hmm.... I need to work on some new material. These pictures of you guys are kinda dated... Let me see what I can come up with.

How's the pace of entries compared to past years?Mark

Slower than the past couple of years. Suspect the economy has a lot to do with it. However, there is a large group in FLA, ALA, NC and the midwest and environs that normally come that have not yet entered. When they do it will fill up. The gas guys wanted a class again and they are slack in entries and so are the FE racers. We will have about 7 weeks to enter but that will be it.

The sad fact is a lot of people are hurting moneywise. Even if they have not lost their job, cutbacks on overtime, loss of contracts, loss of customers and higher prices for everything means most people are having to cut way back. Gas is on the rise again too. I hope the race fills up but I will be surprised if it does. Most RC Boaters are pretty dedicated to the hobby, but they also are good family people so if they have to choose between racing and buying groceries, you know what is going to drop off! :p

Latest posts

Back