***2008 World Outboard Tunnel Championships***

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kinda feel the same way. I assure you guys we didnt realize it!
There is no deadline persay, John was refering to the announcement in RC boat Modeler magazine. Its just the fact that it has been announced already. I also think its just a matter of changing the date and re announcing it. I dont think anyone has done anything that couldnt be changed at this point as far as getting ready for the race, I mean it is almost a year away still. We will have to make sure that everyone knows about the change, and I dont think thats too hard?

What do you guys say?

~James
James I think a later date myself...Easter is Easter and regardless of what people say it will have an effect on the turnout.

Rusty

Guys,

The CMB club members are looking at a way of changing the race date one week, most likely later, to avoid the Easter weekend. We should know in a few days, or less, if we can do it without any adverse impact. The Easter date was just something we missed. Be patient and we will let you all know but the date change will not be much at all. So keep your plans along that line of dates.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you just change Easter to another Sunday? ;) :D ;)
Everybody stand WAY Clear of Chuck. There's a Lightning Bolt with his Name on it Due in Any Time Now. :p
Already happened, yesterday. **** thing hit somewhere in the backyard. Took out one of the thermostats in the house and the serial card in the computer that was hooked to it. It actually blew a hole in one of the ICs in the serial card. The odd thing is there are no wires in the backyard, they all come in through the front yard.

What some of you may want to consider is the fact that if you make it a week or so later that pushes this race close to the Spring Nationals in Atlanta.

I Know some of you may not attend the Spring Nats there but some of us still do. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Hi guys, Charleston Model Boaters wanted to get this out as early as possible. We know its a little early in the game, but wanted to give our overseas (and cross country) travelers time to make plans for this race. This is the OFFICIAL thread for the 2008 World Outboard Tunnel Championships
The dates for this race are March 22nd & 23rd 2008

We do not have the flyer/entry completed yet, as we are still trying to determine the classes offered, as well as many other items, but rest assured, we will have a place for everyone of all experience, and all sizes of boats.

This race will be held at our new location located on Johns Island, South Carolina. This address can be used to get to the lake, it is located at the end of the road:

1673 Fernhill Road

Johns Island, SC 29455

This new location is about 15 minutes right outside of the larger city of Charleston, South Carolina. Very good opportunity to bring the family along for sightseeing, historical spots, shopping and great beaches. We will update you guys as time gets closer about hotel/lodging info.

Here is a link to google maps for an aerial shot of the end of the lake we are using. http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&om=1&a....004828&t=h

I have talked with people from all over the world who are making tenative plans, Sweden, Germany, Netherlands, Australia, Canada, Bermuda, and from all reaches of the US. Dont miss this race, it will be nothing short of amazing.

I, as a Charleston Model Boaters member, have been elected the Point of Contact for the 2008 World Outboard

Tunnel Championships. Please contact me with any questions, concerns, complaints, or suggestions regarding

next years race. My contact info is as follows:

[email protected] (this is the best way to contact me)

(US phone number) 803-233-4691 (6am-4pm E.S.T. only PLEASE!)

(European Number) +49-6385-425-398

(US address)

James Clegg

PSC 2 Box 12548

APO, AE 09012

Please also keep checking on http://www.worldtunnelchamps.com/ for updates concerning the race.

A race recap from the June 2007 IMPBA Roostertail can be found here:

http://www.impba.net/showtails.php

Thanks for the interest and support, Charleston Model Boaters, via James Clegg

:ph34r:

Gabe,

I lit "the fire" down here today. Ron came by the house , and we started plans for '08, seeing how everything is in pieces still (HIS, NOT MINE!) . I guess my wore out equipment still has a race or two left in it, and if I put the '05 setup back in it, or get a driver , or both, maybe my luck wont be so GRIM :eek:

Haven't talked to Jeffro in a couplea weeks, but he wont miss this one. Easter weekend huh>.....

Do they make a rabbit costume big enuf for Hearl. We had to take the blow up doll away from Herb, she wears an eye patch and smokes two packs a day, sent her to rehab...... :rolleyes:

Randy

Change the Date ,I'm still bringing the eggs,Matter a fact I'm gonna boil and color them around Christmas time, who will get the PRIZE EGG???Bet it will be one of those midwesterners.

Thanks for bringing up one of the worst hangovers of my life. I tried to put it behind me. :)
~James
tf443.jpg

-_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_-

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are 2 dates clubs should always check on prior to scheduling a race 1st is Easter and the second one is Mother's Day. Those two have always been off limits.

If the date of this fabulous race is changed I am having a problem, just arranged my vacation..... :( :( :(
Ronald.

Lightning doesn't need a wire to come into the house. It vcan come in through the ground plane. Most homes have a ground rod that is driven into the ground in the back yard. Nothing like the ground plane going to 100kv to fry some electronics. I had a strike to an 80' hickory trr in my side yard that took out all my GF breakers and devices, along with the telephone and garage door opener. The really interesting thing was the carbon trackes around every nail head in the vinyl siding trim on that side of the house. The tree took 4 years to finally die. My neighbor saw the strike, and tolk me there was ball fire everywhere.

As one of our club members pointed out, next year is a 'leap year" kinda thing for Easter to fall on that date in March. Keeping boat races away from holidays is always tricky. And yes then there are things like Mothers Day. I suppose Mother In Law Day is highly flammable too. :lol: Glad I don't have that concern. :rolleyes:

Lightning doesn't need a wire to come into the house. It vcan come in through the ground plane. Most homes have a ground rod that is driven into the ground in the back yard. Nothing like the ground plane going to 100kv to fry some electronics. I had a strike to an 80' hickory trr in my side yard that took out all my GF breakers and devices, along with the telephone and garage door opener. The really interesting thing was the carbon trackes around every nail head in the vinyl siding trim on that side of the house. The tree took 4 years to finally die. My neighbor saw the strike, and tolk me there was ball fire everywhere.

I dont get it, did I miss something?

~James

I dont get it, did I miss something?

~James
Well, it started with me suggesting that John should move Easter and then Scott warned people to not stand near me because I'm going to get hit by lightning and then I said my yard got hit the day before I made the comment, and that the lightning took out some electronics, which lead to Jon's comment above. Now that you're up to speed, we'll let it go. ;)

Sorry,see pg 3. In response to Chuck's reply of already being struck by lightning. I'm a little slow. I probably should have let it drop........I'll go back under my rock now.

But I may come to next years race if I get my WOF/Mac21/REK tunnel together. That assumes I get the SPP pipe I have on order since October......

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh... I see. Yeah, it makes sense now.
~James
He's a bit slow still.. That hang over from 2004 Internats is still with him!!! Just how many races did you miss that morning? I was surprised you made it to the chair! :D

Ok Guys, the Charleston Model Boaters has taken a vote and we all agree that the race dates have to change. The Easter weekend has caught us by suprise, and we feel this will have a large impact on turn out, understandably so.

The new dates for the 2008 World Tunnel Champs are: March 28th, 29th, and 30th.

This is one weekend later. We appologize for any inconvienences, but had to do what we felt was better for all. This will also allow our nothern folks to thaw out one more week and hopefully get some home practice time in before making the journey southward.

Thanks for your understanding! Charleston Model Boaters, via James Clegg

You would have to make it about a month later for my lakes to thaw out before I can run.

Making plans to be there.They say this is a race not to miss.

Just have to get ready for the Nats now.

Richie R

Back