2006 ATLANTA TWIN SHOOTOUT

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Criag , yes I have been following the debate but only for a short time . My feelings are the same , it would not bother me to let the cubes run . Let's race some boats . If the rules were changed to allow unlimited displacement for nitro power , fine , the good thing about the change is that it would not exclude existing power but allow off the shelf stuff to be used . Just my opinion , hope to race you soon !
If people really want twin cubes then the answer is simple... Apply for a NEW CLASS!!!! Dont modify the existing classes to suit a vast minority!!!

If people really want twin cubes then the answer is simple... Apply for a NEW CLASS!!!! Dont modify the existing classes to suit a vast minority!!!

This is what we that are following this thred are talking about, the New Class is TWIN HYDRO not F Hydro. Thanks for your in put. ;)

Ralph

The class is applied for. The displacement change will follow later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe, NICE TRY!! :lol: :lol: :lol: But I have seem that boat and the ENTIRE class in action earlier this year.

I understand what you are trying to say.

But all organization have a class or classes that are built to bump heads

with the ulitimate displacement allowed. You are showing us pictures of "TOP FUEL HYDRO" Are we not the same. Don't we deserve the chance to run the max displacement that the manufacters offer Like the rest of

the "TOP FUEL" world??? <_< <_< <_<

But all organization have a class or classes that are built to bump heads

with the ulitimate displacement allowed. You are showing us pictures of "TOP FUEL HYDRO" Are we not the same. Don't we deserve the chance to run the max displacement that the manufacters offer Like the rest of

the "TOP FUEL" world??? <_< <_< <_<
Guess what? Top fuel hydro rules LIMIT maximum displacement even though there are much, much bigger engines readily available. From the current IHBA 2005 rulebook-

Section 1: TOP FUEL HYDROPLANE (TFH)

TFH – 1. ENGINE

Engine: Any internal combustion automotive-type engine permitted. No dual engine set-ups allowed Maximum 565 cubic inch and 4 valves per cylinder.

Top fuel hydro is the absolute BIG DOG class of drag boats. No different than the maximum displacement limits top fuel set by NHRA, IHRA, etc., etc.

Soooooooooo........................ NICE TRY!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DON, C'mon nice try to you.

We are in a "SUBATOMIC" level when it comes to comparisons with NASCAR, NHRA, IHRA, F1, etc. etc.

There is no comparison. Joe posted his opinion, and I respect that even though he don't run the class. All I can do is LOL, LOL LOL at your post. Are you for or against the category? You and I have agreed to disagree. Alright Don, I will say it again. "I DISAGRREE WITH YOU ON THIS MATTER" My vote on this issue was casted 2 days ago in the following way, "YES WITH OPTION A".

JOSE

DON, C'mon nice try to you.

We are in a "SUBATOMIC" level when it comes to comparisons with NASCAR, NHRA, IHRA, F1, etc. etc.

There is no comparison. Joe posted his opinion, and I respect that even though he don't run the class. All I can do is LOL, LOL LOL at your post. Are you for or against the category? You and I have agreed to disagree. Alright Don, I will say it again. "I DISAGRREE WITH YOU ON THIS MATTER" My vote on this issue was casted 2 days ago in the following way, "YES WITH OPTION A".

JOSE
Jose' I was just playin' with Chucky. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My vote & my spouse's vote was the same as yours for the twin class. B)

I knowwwwwwwwww. But what I am getting at Don. Is the big dog Theroy. And yes the current rules will hold FOR THE MOMENT........... :blink: :blink: :blink:

It is with out saying that there will be BIGGER by more than the current producers. Even if they change the design of their current production they will change there numbers. This way when the A/A 97 SHOWS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or 94 or is it 99 WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!! We can run two of those with NO PROBLEM!!!! :p :p :p

I am selling my Mirage River Racer and buying all the CMB 1.00 inch motors available with abc construction and getting ready for the new class . Sponsorships available for "Team Whatever " , requirements are , good disposition , ability to work on your own stuff , lose a race without whining , and able to repair crash damage (inevitable ). Most important is the ability to have fun !

DON, C'mon nice try to you.We are in a "SUBATOMIC" level when it comes to comparisons with NASCAR, NHRA, IHRA, F1, etc. etc.

JOSE
Jose, while I don't currently and will likely never run a twin, I've pitted for several twin racers including last Spring Nats. My point is when do you draw the line? When the boat gets so heavy it exceeds the limit? You may as well convert 2 of the CMB 35s to Nitro and run them next.

For the record, I voted against class rule because I think we have too many classes already and they can run in the F class. Just my opinion and I don't really care what happens with the results but just remember, I'm in D2 so my vote counts for more than yours!

Joe, not sure how to take that one. :( :( :( But you answered the question that was on everyones mind.

Power in WHOSE HANDS...................... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for the heads up. ;) ;) ;)

Can ya'll hear Jeese James comin???????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DON, C'mon nice try to you.We are in a "SUBATOMIC" level when it comes to comparisons with NASCAR, NHRA, IHRA, F1, etc. etc.

JOSE
Jose, while I don't currently and will likely never run a twin, I've pitted for several twin racers including last Spring Nats. My point is when do you draw the line? When the boat gets so heavy it exceeds the limit? You may as well convert 2 of the CMB 35s to Nitro and run them next.

For the record, I voted against class rule because I think we have too many classes already and they can run in the F class. Just my opinion and I don't really care what happens with the results but just remember, I'm in D2 so my vote counts for more than yours!

Joe,

Regarding your vote counting more than Jose, I would not think so yet. IF the redistricting admendment passes, the new vote weighting would apply towards future petitions and not any other current petitions being voted on, like the US-1 designation for the Twin Hydro class.

I will vote for the US-1 designation as I believe that the twins deserve the same opportunity as the other classes and not be relegated to just a speciality class. It is much more than just a show class and deserves to be recognized as such. They have been a part of the races and the internats for too long not to be a US-1 class. I have run F hydro (single engine) for 7 years and have been tempted on many occasions to go with a twin but have resisted. Just do not stand behind Joe Warren's twin when it fires off. You will not breathe for a while! Has to be that O'Donnells fuel he uses.

John

JOHN,

Thanks for your support. You are a class act and I have enjoyed competing with you in Atlanta.

Resist no more. Newer generations of engines, boats and hardware have made the tuning and synchronization process a lot easier.

JOSE

JOSE

Joe,

Regarding your vote counting more than Jose, I would not think so yet. IF the redistricting admendment passes, the new vote weighting would apply towards future petitions and not any other current petitions being voted on, like the US-1 designation for the Twin Hydro class.

I will vote for the US-1 designation as I believe that the twins deserve the same opportunity as the other classes and not be relegated to just a speciality class. It is much more than just a show class and deserves to be recognized as such. They have been a part of the races and the internats for too long not to be a US-1 class. I have run F hydro (single engine) for 7 years and have been tempted on many occasions to go with a twin but have resisted. Just do not stand behind Joe Warren's twin when it fires off. You will not breathe for a while! Has to be that O'Donnells fuel he uses.

John
John, D2 currently gets 2 votes because it has over 200 members. And you must have forgotten that I used to have to throw Kentley's twin in @ Indian River. It doesn't get any worse than that. He always made sure the motors were spinning about 30k before the props hit the water. I'd have to bring an extra set of clothes for the ride home.

Remember when I throw his boat in upside down? That went over well!

JOSE

Joe,

John
John, D2 currently gets 2 votes because it has over 200 members. And you must have forgotten that I used to have to throw Kentley's twin in @ Indian River. It doesn't get any worse than that. He always made sure the motors were spinning about 30k before the props hit the water. I'd have to bring an extra set of clothes for the ride home.

Remeber when I throw his boat in upside down? That went over well!

I remember those scenes. I may beat that. I got drafted to throw in a twin from a now deceased racer from Michigan that came to ODMBA's race about 1998 or '99. I had boots, a rain slicker with hood, all buttoned up, hat as well, in August, sweating like a pen of hogs, launched a twin screaming like Kentley's, and ended up drenched from head to toes every time it was launched. My boots were almost half full of water. It was the laugh of the entire race I can tell you. There was a photo floating around somewhere and I hope it never surfaces.

You can get real wet in Atlanta as well launching a twin or a big hydro or gas boat!

Right on the vote count too.

I remember those scenes. I may beat that. I got drafted to throw in a twin from a now deceased racer from Michigan that came to ODMBA's race about 1998 or '99. I had boots, a rain slicker with hood, all buttoned up, hat as well, in August, sweating like a pen of hogs, launched a twin screaming like Kentley's, and ended up drenched from head to toes every time it was launched. My boots were almost half full of water. It was the laugh of the entire race I can tell you. There was a photo floating around somewhere and I hope it never surfaces.
I'd **** near pay money for that photo. C'mon, SOMEBODY out there has to have that on film! :lol: :lol: :lol:

JOHN,

Thanks for your support. You are a class act and I have enjoyed competing with you in Atlanta.

Resist no more. Newer generations of engines, boats and hardware have made the tuning and synchronization process a lot easier.

JOSE

Jose,

Thanks for the kinds words. I plan on returning to Atlanta and hope to stay the entire time. Was sick this years race and with the cold weather I got sicker by the hour and had to leave Sunday am. Missed all Sunday's racing. Twin pit man for hire if needed for the twin shootout.

NO, NO, NO. I shall continue to resist. Don Ferrette works on me upon occasion as well. Several in my club want me to get one too. Double trouble is an honest description but 4 classes I have been running already is one too many now. Maybe when I retire I'll reconsider it. Twin Roadrunner is it!

John

I'd **** near pay money for that photo. C'mon, SOMEBODY out there has to have that on film! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Somehow I may live to regret recounting that story. Especially with Don. I even gave the time period. EGADS!! Neck is now in the noose. And I did not have that photo either.

Not sure if this will qualify or not, but I remember this day in Columbus quite well when Tony tossed in Jim Schaffers Twin, he was SOAKED :blink:

Twin Launch

Back