2006 ATLANTA TWIN SHOOTOUT

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm. Ok let's see we have 67's, 80's, 81's, 82's, 84's, 90's & 91's already out there from no less than 8 manufacturers- OS, OPS, K&B, K, A, MAC, Picco, CMB. Did I forget anyone? These add up to at least 18 possible motor choices in a twin. Granted some of them you might not choose yourself BUT it is still an option. Now how many one cube motor manufacturers are out there?

Don't think too hard............

Bet ya can use one hand...............

Gee, it happens to be the same as the size ............. ONE!

Bzzzzt. Wrong answer Don :p

There are 2 Manufacturers of Cubes.

Ken

K&B with cube sleeve from the O/B engine. Our friend Mr. Brown hinted the possibilty of a cube motor coming out of his stable. I repeat again, the IMPBA safety margin is based on boat weight and size only.

Ok well that's why I asked if I forgot anyone. So we have the smashingly monumental number of........

............drum roll please...............two. :huh:

I don't count the K&B o/b sleeve option as that is not an "over the counter" motor. :rolleyes:

Well regardless the whole point is it's not like there isn't plenty of options already on the table. So this notion of running out of choices just seems silly to me. I'm sure them boys in NASCAR would love to build bigger motors, sure are plenty of options out there to do so but they don't. Why? Because there are rules in place just like here. Just because one or two motor manufacturers build a big motor doesn't mean we run out & raise the displacement limits. Geez I can't wait to see what happens when a 1.25" comes out, we get to go thru this b.s. all over again. If you want to build a twin with a pair of RS101's to see what it'll do that's up to you. That's what radar guns and stop watches are for. Nobody says you can't build it, you just can't race it. There are a bunch of twin gassers out there running but not racing, don't hear the gas crowd screaming for a rule change. ;)

Like I said before, myself, I could care less about what I personally race against. Sure didn't bother me last year racing against all you 90 guys with my little 84's. What does bother me about the rather vocal minority calling for this displacement increase is that there is no consideration of the bigger picture. We talk of bringing the boat racing community closer together, not conflicting scheduling big events between orgs. and the like & then want to distance ourselves by this type of change. There are those who race with both orgs., not to mention our friends who travel from far away places to come race here. Do you think they will rush out & build a second twin, or spend $1,200+ on a pair of extra motors so they can have one for IMPBA & one for NAMBA? Yeah right. They're going to race what the boat is built for and guess what? Most will opt to go to races where they are matched up against boats built like theirs. Look outside your own backyard pond, if somone was building a twin who races or may race with various racing orgs. they will look and see how what they build will affect the MAJORITY of races they will attend. How many of you who want to build a twin cube will ever race a NAMBA race? Think about the other side of the fence for a minute. Do ya think that perhaps some of the folks on that side would like to come play over here? If I'm promoting a big race I surely would want the biggest turn out I can get regardless of what org. they are affiliated with. And don't start in with the previous angle that there is no advantage to the bigger motor as this is total hogwash. If there was nothing to gain from this then NOBODY would be argueing for it. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill, I hear you.

First step is to vote the category in. The rest will follow.

"Hmmmm. Ok let's see we have 67's, 80's, 81's, 82's, 84's, 90's & 91's already out there from no less than 8 manufacturers- OS, OPS, K&B, K, A, MAC, Picco, CMB. Did I forget anyone? "

Yes, you forget the twin 45s, they are not afraid of the 90s.

"Like I said before, myself, I could care less about what I personally race against. Sure didn't bother me last year racing against all you 90 guys with my little 84's. What does bother me about the rather vocal minority calling for this displacement increase is that there is no consideration of the bigger picture. "

Don you have a fine twin and I enjoyed watching it run in Atlanta, but I must tell you that this issue has nothing to do with your twin. Don, I am not trying to bother you, I am disccussing an issue as intended by this forum. I have been posting my points and you have yours. I have to tell you that I am in fundamental disagreement with you. The rules in a racing organization have to be fluid and consideration should be given at all levels not just the big picture, even if it is only one motor, or one hull, or one spec. or etc.

Jose' I hear ya & even though our opinions differ on this I still consider you a very respected & good friend. :)

Same goes for Ralph, Joe & Chuck. We can agree to disagree BUT we still have fun when we get together. I'm very much looking forward to seeing you guys again in April. For me it can't get here fast enough. B)

.......... but I hate seeing people holding back progress. We wouldn't have this form if we weren't going along progress. So lets get back to racing and running what is available before we run out choices.
Now how many one cube motor manufacturers are out there?

Don't think too hard............

Bet ya can use one hand...............

Gee, it happens to be the same as the size ............. ONE!
Ummmm try 2....

PIP A100....

:ph34r:

*edit* although now it seems I was WAY late on that call....

BUT.... I distribute A engines in Australia including the A100 and I am still against twin 100 boats...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok CRAIG!!!!!!!!!!!!! We here you........................ :blink: :blink: :blink:

I sell fords, But not Mustangs, to fast........................... :D :D :D :D :D

Man , I don't see what all the poop is about . If a nitro motor is manufactured , allow the total displacement of multiple engines be allowable . You want to run four of them , try it, who cares . As all of you guys know , it's not just the total displacement that wins races , it 's power , setup , consistency , brains and above all a crafty legal start . Let the best man win !

Man , I don't see what all the poop is about . If a nitro motor is manufactured , allow the total displacement of multiple engines be allowable . You want to run four of them , try it, who cares . As all of you guys know , it's not just the total displacement that wins races , it 's power , setup , consistency , brains and above all a crafty legal start . Let the best man win !
Have you been following the debates?

If EVERY worldwide boating association was prepared to make the change at the same time then you have a case....

Criag , yes I have been following the debate but only for a short time . My feelings are the same , it would not bother me to let the cubes run . Let's race some boats . If the rules were changed to allow unlimited displacement for nitro power , fine , the good thing about the change is that it would not exclude existing power but allow off the shelf stuff to be used . Just my opinion , hope to race you soon !

Back