2006 Atlanta Spring Nats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamar_Huff

Hey Gang,

The Atlanta Model Boaters will host the 2006 Spring Nats April 22cd & 23rd, 2006. The sanction has already been sent in and the flyer will be available via the AMB & IMPBA websites very shortly.

Please plan on registering EARLY. We "sold out" nearly 2 full months ahead of time last year.

Yes, the TWIN SHOOTOUT will be back again for 2006. Rumor has it we may have even MORE twins show up this go round.

Thanks,

Lamar Huff

President

Atlanta Model Boaters

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you having any special rules, like maximum number of boats per contestant, etc.

Are you having any special rules, like maximum number of boats per contestant, etc.
The only special rule that has any bearing on the Nitro guys is the 5 entry per contestant cap that we are putting into place for 2006. Looking @ the numbers from 05' this should free up about 15 extra spots for 06'. We have also made some changes to the gas classes that should free up a few more spots. We are making every effort to accomodate as many racers as possible w/o going over the max number of heats that we feel confident we can squeeze into 2 days.

Lamar

A 5 boat limit is bullsxit.....Who thought of this?

Anybody that would bring more than 5 classes of nitro boats to one race has two things.....a thick wallet and a high tolerance for headaches. :blink:

Lamar or Bobby.... The Boaters that Got left out of the spring 05 race.... Did not bother to enter the race. They cannot Cry... I would think you guys would promote R/C boating and ask the current mfg`s to help & support your race. You guys had a boat cut off point this year Spring 05, Then when the number was Reached you countuined to fill the given classes with several more boats... I have been attending Atlanta races since 99 & have never seen a limit to boats entered. If daylight became a problem you sould live by your cutoff NUMBER POSTED ON YOUR RACE FLIER. or Plan to Race Fri-sat-sun. Ralph & I plan to race 10 boats in 12 classes in 06. Are you guys trying to run the NITRO boaters off from Atlanta?If so... Just say So...... Most Boaters that will attend the June nats in Evansville will hit 1-2 races before the 06 Nats. Races Prior to the Summer nats will be a Warm UP... I know of 4 other races Other than Atlanta spring nats race that will be held starting in March thru late May...

Anybody else pissed about the 5 boat per person cap? We were just trying to allow more entrants w/o increasing the max boat count...

Joe, I do agree, those that got left out of the 05' race had AMPLE warning that we were filling up FAST... This move is certainly no slight against the Nitro guys as it limits the number of entries for the Gas guys as well (that may not have been obvious from my earlier post). We have a certain number of heats that we are comfortable running. It does not matter if they are 4 boat heats or 8 boat heats. Once we reach the max number of heats we are looking for we will continue to take entries until all of those heats are FULL. We will not add any additional heats, PERIOD... Nothing is worse than handing out trophies by flashlight!!!

Let me know, you guys on the net are the die hard racers. If we don't cater to you who is going to come to the race?

Lamar

Lamar I belive you will be hearing from them. WE-Nitro boaters are not asking for special treatment. Just want... what we know as NORMAL Nats format for heat racing..... there are several standing & watching & wanting to help your club with the a Huge Event. But putting strange limitations on the entries & constants send out strange vvvvvibes.....Why mess with the Success you guys had in 2005 Spring Nats race..

Lamar I belive you will be hearing from them. WE-Nitro boaters are not asking for special treatment Just what we know as NORMAL Nats format for heat racing..... there are several standing & watching & wanting to help your club with the a Huge Event. But putting strange limitations on the entries & constants send out strange vvvvvibes.....Why mess with the Success you guys had in 2005 Spring Nats race..
I have only come to your race and watched one time.This year I plan to attend if nothing else to try to draw some of the southeast boaters to Evansville for the nats. Its ugly but im with Joe ,have a cutoff number of boats if someone is as crazy as he is to bring that many boats take his entry fee and watch him shoot himself in the foot. Mike Schindler Ps when will the entry form be out i want to enter early!!

Joe,

You are right, I have already herad from some of them! :D No doubt about it, 2005 was a HUGE smash & I personally want 2006 to be even better!!! I know Big Chuck has already been laying the groundwork for increased manufacturer participation in 06'. I am taking all feedback (positive & negative) under consideration.

Mikey, The flyer will be out very soon... You guys here on IW will have access to it before it hits the AMB or IMPBA website. Thanks for wanting to come down and race w/ us!

Lamar

Joe,
You are right, I have already herad from some of them! :D No doubt about it, 2005 was a HUGE smash & I personally want 2006 to be even better!!! I know Big Chuck has already been laying the groundwork for increased manufacturer participation in 06'. I am taking all feedback (positive & negative) under consideration.

Mikey, The flyer will be out very soon... You guys here on IW will have access to it before it hits the AMB or IMPBA website. Thanks for wanting to come down and race w/ us!

Lamar
Lamar, I do not see any point to limiting the number of boats per racer. What difference does it make if you get 250 boats from 50 racers or 100 other than the amount of money you make off the 1st boat? The fact is most boaters will not enter more than 5. Have you looked at last year's entries to see how many people it would affect? Unless it applies to a ton of racers, you will see no realy benefit in limiting boats per racer.

Joe K,

It wasn't a large number. Setting the limit @ 5 per person would allow us to pick up 15 or 16 additional entries. The motive behind the cap was not $$$ (nobody is gonna get rich off of an extra $3.00 per racer)... It was greater access to the event. I thought I remembered this being a fairly standard practice back when we raced in the late 80's... Must not be so standard anymore. :unsure:

Later,

Lamar

Lamar,

AMB spring nats in the late 80s into the mid 90s had a 3 boat limit per entrant ,so this is nothing new. AMB has kept the spring nats going for many year with good decisions on how to promote the hobby. This is another one. Go for it.

Bob H.

Lamar,

I understand about opening the race up to a greater number of contestants than in 2005, but limiting the number of boats per is not right, especially a low number of 5. A request to keep it at or below a number can be made of course. Using the total number of boat entries is the right way to go with it. There are only about 5 or 6 racers that come in with than many boat to the race, Joe and Jerry Crowther are two of them. If John Finch comes this year with Don Ferrette and wants to enter 6 classes, are you going to say no? Mark Bullard, Doc Turner either? Tony Jacuzzi who ventures in from Canada? The Showers clan from Jax?

Everyone has the same chance to enter as the next one. AMB could end up with a PR disaster on their hands and I would hate to see that for our district. I have run a number of races in my 4 classes and am worn out from it. I will only run 3 classes this year so one entry is available.

John

Lamar Please make you decisions ASAP. Many are looking at days off to attend races out of town for the 06 racing season & Will plan accordingly. I`am not the only boater that runs more than 5 classes that attends Your races.. It takes Time to prepare. Money and several days off work to attend a large race out of town for several days. At least let us know what to expect.... I`am speaking for myself . But I can tell you your Spring race is in Our plans for Now under the 05 race format. If it changes. We will Travel elsewhere. You guys have several races around your April date, Slidel in Mid March, Jax in Early April, Atlanta in Mid April, Evansville in Early May, Huntsville Mid May. Then onto the IMPBA Nats in Indiana in mid June.... AS a Matter of Fact your ATlanta Spring race date is Only 7 weeks before the IMPBA Summer Nats.... :unsure:

Dont want to get off on the wrong foot here, but limiting the number of entries, your limiting the racers and catering to the ones who's plans changed and maybe would have attended your race. With ample notice like we have here, if I dont send my entry in early I could be left out and that has happened to me. Nobodys fault but my own and we should start taking responsibilty for our actions or lack of. ;) AMB had one of the best races of the year that I attended last year and I would hate to see that change because of something that affects a handful of people. Lets talk about racing here (NOT LIMIT) and what a great facility you have,your dedicated members to boatig and the fact that you dont want to miss the best race of the year because you didn't commit !! I'm looking forward to this years event. With all that said I guess I'd better be the first entry HUH.

Ralph Almirola

UNCLE, I SAY UNCLE...

OK Gang, The 5 boat per person limit has been lifted... It will be first come first servered, you snooze you lose, etc... Norman advised me against it in the first place, guess I should have listened. Let's just all get together in April, race hard, and have a BLAST!!!

The flyer is now complete and I should have it posted on my personal server by the end of the day (I will post the URL as soon as it is available). It will take a little longer to have it posted on the AMB and IMPBA websites. Anyone that wants a copy ASAP just post your E-mail addy here and I will shoot you a copy. Feel free to circulate it to your race partners. If we fill up before the 1st of the year all the better!

My goal is to make the 2006 Atlanta Spring Nats one of the best races of the season. Let's take the momentum we built in 2005 and carry it over into 2006. Let's just hope the weather is better this go round!

Later,

Lamar

LAMAR here's our entries. How much I owe the club.

JOSE ORTIZ IMPBA 11755

F HYDRO CH 62, ALT. CH 64

TWIN HYDRO CH 62, ALT CH 64

20 HYDRO CH 62, ALT CH 64

20 MONO CH 62, ALT CH 64

JAVI ORTIZ IMPBA 11755

20 MONO CH 62, ALT CH 64

40 MONO CH 62, ALT CH 64

JOSE ORTIZ

IMPBA 11755

[email protected]

Lamar send me my entry to [email protected] and I will certainly get it in and make copies or email to other boaters. Thanks
Ralph

Ralph, YGM...

LAMAR here's our entries. How much I owe the club.
JOSE ORTIZ IMPBA 11755

F HYDRO CH 62, ALT. CH 64

TWIN HYDRO CH 62, ALT CH 64

20 HYDRO CH 62, ALT CH 64

20 MONO CH 62, ALT CH 64

JAVI ORTIZ IMPBA 11755

20 MONO CH 62, ALT CH 64

40 MONO CH 62, ALT CH 64

JOSE ORTIZ

IMPBA 11755

[email protected]

Jose, you are "Officially" the 1st entry for the 2006 Spring Nats. I will send your entry in w/ mine this week. Please send $78.00 to:

Atlanta Model Boaters

4215 Valley Lake Terrace

College Park, GA 30349

Thanks for your support guys!

Lamar

Latest posts

Back