2004 IMBPA Nats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark......That's a very generous offer

Gary,

If you want to get dibs now, I'll help you set it up when you get here. Or I can start to set up your boats if you want to ship them in advance. Let me know....the offer still stands and I'll talk to you when I get back.

I use the 3pjs and am very familiar with it....It'll be a breeze to set them up.

I’m outta here,

KB

IzIt.. Thanks! :D

Since these radios can be set for 10 models, I'd like to see two boaters get to use them.. The settings that are currently on the radios can be replaced for your boats. I still have the manuals to go with the radios since there are so many buttons, nobs, settings, etc...

Mark...

All,

I'd prefer the recipient be a IW member.. But I'm open to those that have spent some big $$$ to make it to the races..

Mark...

That's a very generous offer and I will leave it to individuals to take you up on it. As we say over here 'first in - best dressed' (means first person gets best choice).

If someone says yes, they will have to come for sure - won't they.

It's this kind of generosity and thought for others that makes model boating and why we spend the time and money to come over to 'play' boats with people from other countries and walks of life.

Bill Annabel

Hi OB Nut & Izit,

Thanks for the very generous offer but If I am able to go I will sort out radio. I have a Hitec Lynx 3D so would only need to chase a module and some receivers. I'm sure I could work out something.

Thanks again for the offer - As Bill rightly points out this sort of generous offer is what makes this hoby/sport so great. It is full of truly great folks.

GT ;D

Sorry Ian, I forgot - How many H55's would you like.

175kph guaranteed - as long as you have a strong motor and use my radar gun.

If you like them - wait till you see the newer H60. And it's only $35 dearer than the 55. Just have to sell another 100 and I have my fare paid.

The newest H65 will pay for the motels.

Any one here have a contact at Fosters? We will give them the 'nameing rights' for sponsorship of 'product' and a couple of T-shirts.

Bill Annabel

Bill,

Can you give me a rough idea how much $$$ I should be looking at saving as a minimum (less boat spending money) Hope the other half doesn't read this!

Tim.

Hey Bill,

Do you give a discount for buying 10?! :p If I get 10 will it go 1750kph? :-

I cant wait to see the H60 and H65! :p

Tim,

Tony J mentioned a figure of around $5k, so that is what I am saving for!

Nitrocrazed racing: Where do these numbers come from anyway?

Hey Ian.

See, now everyone knows your secret. It is one of those scientific laws that the more you buy, the faster you go. Now they will all want to buy 10. But - buy 20 and you will be able to hit 200Kph. Trust me!By the way, Tony Grinter has rung to see what all this H55 stuff is all about and if there was some new thing he didn't know about. We decided the story is that these are 'pre-production' prototypes and are not available at present. Sorry for starting something, my appologies Mr. Schaffer.

The $5K sounds a bit excessive but it allows for plenty of 'entertaining'. I will make a few enquiries this afternoon and post some costs. A lot of the cost is actually in the price of the motels the organisers pick. But they always seem to get a good deal. Maybe a native 'Yank' could post some cost involved at this year's nats for motel rooms.

I will be back in a couple of hours.

Bill Annabel.

I know it's early and all... But if it happens to be, I'll still bring the radio equipement just incase someone needs a loaner...

Mark..

OB Nut Racing: A division of Acme Rentals.........

So, early price indication. This price based on current airfare as new prices for next year are not available until Oct this year.

Sydney - Lax - Sydney Flying Qantas

Lax - Jackson Flying American

Aus$ 2,190

Then you need a couple of hundred to put in to share a van in LA and Jackson.

As I mentioned the next big cost is accommodation. No replies yet from locals.

Bill.

Mark,

You are very kind for the offer! At this point tho I haven't even built all of the boats I would be taking, so it is a little early to worry about radios! ;D

Wild Bill,

Good to see Tony is watching over us to keep us all in line! So for all of you reading this who missed the subtlety: IT WAS A JOKE!

I hope the exchange rate stays about where it is tho, if we get back down to 48 cents again it wont be cheap! :-

Nitrocrazed racing: The bit about me getting my own prop made wasn't a joke.

Ian,

you sure sent me an email to check up on Bill pretty fast when he first mentioned the H55's!

That prop is probably too small for the new CMB 30cc engine.....

Tim,

Yeah, but that was before I was sure it wasn't serious. I think it has been made clearer since then! ;D After all ABC is making a bunch of new props, so it wasn't entirely implausible. 8)

CMB 30cc? What about the K180? :p

Nitrocrazed racing: How about the DIC 180?

Sorry, I missed the Tony bit, too subtle for an old bloke like me.

Yes, if we are only going to the two events, we only need one internal flight to Jackson and back. Did you want to go somewhere else? I really love Disneyworld and would recommend a side trip to Orlando. Great place!

The only driving you will have to do is at the races. But it's great to see the look on the locals faces when we peel out of the motel and head down the wrong side of the road. They really take notice of you.

The best is when the cops pull you over and walk up to the window - you just say 'G'day mate, whatsup'.

And they are very understanding when you take the wreck back to the car rental place and ask for another one.

Seeya.

Bill.

You should have seen Craig at the Internats! He kept wanting to get into the right side of the car! Old habits die hard.

Kinda like the joke over here.

An old woman calls her husband on his cell phone. "Honey, I heard on the radio that someone is driving the wrong way on the Highway, you'd better watch out!"

He says, "One? Hell, they all are!"

Hey Ron. I'll tell you the best one. Over here you can't turn on the red light like you can. We must wait for the Green.

Don't you blokes get so upset when we just sit there waiting for the Green light.

A mate of mine was driving in New Orleans and stopped at a light, someone kept blowing the horn and he was getting the shits, turns out a cop was telling him to get going. He asked more about the rules after that.

The only time I have done the 'stupid' thing was in a mall car park in Ohio. I was cursing this guy for driving on the wrong side of the road. Naturally, it was me. You feel sooooo stupid.

Bill.

Bill,

No, I am unfamiliar with the geography, so I wasn't sure if more domestic flights would be needed.

Good, the driving at the races will be enough! Do they run the races clockwise like we do? Or do they run in the other direction because water goes down the plug hole in the opposite direction in the northern hemisphere? :p

Nitrocrazed racing: Not like the Croc Hunter.

Back