2004 IMBPA Nats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htbboats

It's just been made official! The 2004 Internats will be in Jackson Tn. The dates will be July 24/31/04. Plan your race schedule to attend. We plan on this being the best ever! Contact any of us for any questions you may have. We will also try to keep information on our web site up to date. Our site is hosted by IW so it's easy to find,www.intlwaters.com/jacksonrcmb.

Mark Hopper/Jacksonrcmb

Hi Mark.

My name is Bill Annabel and I am the President of the Australian Model Power Boating Association. We are currently forming a team (looks like about 6-8 guys at present) to visit and compete in both IMPBA and NAMBA nationals next year. Although it is early days, I would appreciate you keeping me updated with your plans for the event and all details as they come to hand eg. motel deals, race schedules, etc. I will be at the Hydro Invitational in November and would look forward to meeting with you, if you are going, to discuss further. Please let me know if you, or any of your committee, will be there.

Bill Annabel.

[email protected]

Hi Bill

I am trying to convince the wife to let me go and do the tunnel events at both. Almost have her convinced. Who else is thinking of going?

GT 8)

Here is a few post that were left on another sight about our races at JACKSON TN. R/C BOAT MODELERS

Just got home from one of the most enjoyable races I have had the pleasure to attend. Thanks to all of the Jackson Model Boaters for a great race and plenty of fun, Mark Hopper, Richard Johnsey, Joe Grace, Tom Moore, Buddy Carter, Cleatus Cooper and the whole gang.

I recommend attending any race that the Jackson club hosts, they run a quality event with a nice race site and everyone has plenty of fun!

Thanks again!

Ron

Jose_J._Ortiz

Our friends in Jackson TN, have one of the best facilities in IMPBA and they continue to improve. Mark Hopper, Richard Johnsey, Joe Grace, Tom Moore, Buddy Carter, Cleatus Cooper, Buddy Askew their families and last but not least Mr. Bill Mcgraw organized a great race this past weekend. There was a great selection of Monohulls, Tunnelhulls, big Hydros and Twin Hydros. Ron Byrd owner of Race Craft Bearings provided his computer services to maintain up to the minute scoring. The race was conducted as a rehearsal to the 2004 Internats that they are preparing to apply for in the next few weeks. This club is sponsored by the city of Jackson TN and they are thrilled with the oportunity to host all contestants. The next race is scheduled for Labor Day weekend as requested by the city. Thanks for an excellent race last weekend.

charles_simmons

I,also had the pleasure of being at the Jackson Tn Shootout over the past weekend,having traveled the larger distance. I will say that this race site and its club members are well on their way to being one of the Premier race sites that IMPBA will have.

In addition, they have the support of the Mississippi club who added strength to the event.

With all of the politcial noise, or lack of it, that has taken up the racing. It was a treat to go to a site that had the racing first. Politics were optional.

Families were in attenence to cheer on there respective member. Trees provided much shade for all.

2004 Internats!! Oh I will be back. This is a great site. Location is good, access to food, lodging and shopping are all within a 15 min radius of the lake. For myself, Mark,Richard Cleatus, the score keeper, Steve Leslie, Richard, Glen and SO MANY MORE, I can't remenber everyone. And no one should feel let out, made this a great race.

Special thanks to the Tennessee Race team.

Hope to see you all at our races !!

JOE GRACE

After attending and working at this years Internats, I got an idea of what it takes to put on one of these events. You have a lot of work ahead of you. These things put a lot of stress on body and mind so be prepared. My son is already bugging me about going to your event.

How about an "A" 'rigger and/or mono class if we can get enough boats to fill the class? No "A-B" mix.

Hi Ian.

Right now there are about 12 guys all going 'yeh, count me in for sure' but I know what happens when you have to actually put some cash on the table. I beleive we should have at least 6-8 boaters, including yourself, who are solid - but time will tell.

You will get some more info through AMPBA in the near future and in plentey of time to make plans.

I am really looking forward to it.

See ya.

Wild Bill Annabel - President AMPBA

What's the story with radio frequencies? I imagine the Aussies would have to buy either modules, crystals and receivers or new radio's if not on 27 or 75Mhz.

Never raced in the US but would love to if the $$$ were available.

Here is the plan. Yea i got a phone call.

I will have Fuel for you guys so not to worry. Give me a name and how much fuel you think you might need and i can get back to you with a price. I will bring it to the race and have it ready to hand out when you get there.

As far as the radio thing i will not be able to help everybody but it you e mail me we will do what we can.

Grim

Hey Tim, what do you mean 'if the dollars are there'. We were going to get you to hit Toshiba up as the major sponsor and we are even prepared to give them 'nameing rights'. Anyway, Tim, hands up those who moved into new homes last week and we know who has all the $$$. Sorry. I suppose that should read 'who HAD all the $$$'.

Many thanks for the offer of a personally mixed fuel batch for each guy. Do we get to come to your house before the race and help with the mixing? Most 'ozzy' blokes can get through about two 'tinnies' per gallon - sorry 4.5lts. of fuel mixed. This looks like a 4 'slab' night of fuel mixing. No guarantee that the mix will be exact every time.

I think we can get around the radio frequency thing as long as we don't all have to change to an Alternate. We don't have that many spares. We mainly run 29, 36 and 40 Mhz. in Oz.

We do need some assistance with starting gear. Those starters and batteries are heavy buggers. Any help with some form of 'buddy' system would be appreciated.

Bill Annabel.

Hey Tim, what do you mean 'if the dollars are there'. We were going to get you to hit Toshiba up as the major sponsor and we are even prepared to give them 'nameing rights'. Anyway, Tim, hands up those who moved into new homes last week and we know who has all the $$$. Sorry. I suppose that should read 'who HAD all the $$$'.

Many thanks for the offer of a personally mixed fuel batch for each guy. Do we get to come to your house before the race and help with the mixing? Most 'ozzy' blokes can get through about two 'tinnies' per gallon - sorry 4.5lts. of fuel mixed. This looks like a 4 'slab' night of fuel mixing. No guarantee that the mix will be exact every time.

I think we can get around the radio frequency thing as long as we don't all have to change to an Alternate. We don't have that many spares. We mainly run 29, 36 and 40 Mhz. in Oz.

We do need some assistance with starting gear. Those starters and batteries are heavy buggers. Any help with some form of 'buddy' system would be appreciated.

Bill Annabel.

And I thought you were going to pay my way there Bill!!

You could probably write it off as a business expense! My boss pay for it - LMAO! I badly wan't to go next year - is the AMPBA looking into any package deals regarding airfare and accommodation or is it going to be a case of organise your own?

True I did move house - but I'm renting as I can't get a mortgage big enough to buy in Sydney :eek: Had to move offices at work in the same month - sick of moving now!

Hi Tim. The deal with the AMPBA is that 2 years ago at the AGM it was voted to financially 'assist' a team to compete in the nat's. We are yet to vote on the amount of 'financial' assistance. It is planned to approach some lagre companies for sponsorship and a number of members have indicated that they are willing to persue various sources.

We can't get anything out of Qantas as they are hit on all the time. And forget about any group discount, they give one (1) ticket for each 16 booked. We can get unlimited baggage from Qantas and that helps. We have a number of avenues for cheaper airfares, international and local so we can get across the country. Bit of a long, hard drive from LA to TN.

Naturally, we are big kids playing with expensive toys and it will be hard to get other people to pay for our fun. Yes, I believe most of what we do will be personally funded or at least come from someone you know who could help.

I will keep you informed as we move forward. My advice is to start saving now and don't tell your wife, as usual.

Personally, I am using all the money I am getting from those H55 props for my trip.

Later.

Bill Annabel. PS. I must learn how to use those bloody smilies and find out what all that other 'stuff' is above them!

Hmmm, I was saving for it on the basis of being personally funded. I missed that AGM. I missed that nats actually...

The unlimited baggage would be nice, Craig had a bit of trouble this year!

Are you sell those H55's? :p Good for 120mph? 8)

Nitrocrazed racing: Getting my own props made. Maybe I will call it a H60....

Hi Bill,

Are you talking about large companies or lager companies - maybe the best option would be large larger companies. LOL Sponsorship other than all you can drink - although that might come in handy for fuel mixing.

GT ;D

I suffered a case of dumb thumbs - I meant large lager companies. doh :p

GT ;D

For those coming from overseas, I will toss out a radio offer to ya.. I plan to be at the 2004 Nats to help out, won't be racing :( with ya'all... Anyway, I have two Futuba PJS 27MHz FM radios. With this, have about 8 receivers and crystal sets for all 6 channels. Each channel has either 2 or 3 rx crystals to boot. Offer is on the table. If you think you'll need to borrow these, let me know.. It's first come, first serverd..

Mark....

Latest posts

Back