.20 mod powerhead

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$650 that is with conversion kit, 35plus

or you can go 5 or 7 port nova and can get away with around $450---5 port

7-port $500.00 or so

regards Aaron
So what comes with the conversion kit ? I'm guessing crank ... 14mm or 14.5 mm? Header? Who gets the original crank ? Does this also include the PTO mod for adaption to OS leg? I read that the liner needs to be lowered aswell, is this part of the conversion? details.... Thanks....
or troy you could just break and buy one of my already done and ready to go..cmb 3.5 rs with the not needed conversion kit and a already done os pto remachined and a brand new os leg with the silver bullet pipe and header for 575.00 plus shipping.. these nova deals are not even including the lower unit at that price or pipe and header and my cmb will run with them all ... here is a greenhead i did first and it hauls the mail

tk

7-port $500.00 or so

regards Aaron
So what comes with the conversion kit ? I'm guessing crank ... 14mm or 14.5 mm? Header? Who gets the original crank ? Does this also include the PTO mod for adaption to OS leg? I read that the liner needs to be lowered aswell, is this part of the conversion? details.... Thanks....
or troy you could just break and buy one of my already done and ready to go..cmb 3.5 rs with the not needed conversion kit and a already done pto remachined and a brand new os leg with the silver bullet pipe and header for 575.00 plus shipping.. these nova deals are not even including the lower unit at that price or pipe and header and my cmb will run with them all ... here is a greenhead i did first and it hauls the mail

tk
Some how i knew you would chime in here :D It sounds tempting Terry, but i dont buy used engines or parts of any kind unless i can hold them in my hand and inspect them first. The problem with used stuff is you dont know whats in it and you dont know whats been done to it. If the mods helped or hurt , Mismatched pieces, how long its been ran and how many times its been rebuilt...to many unanswered questions buying used engines and almost EVERY used engine i see for sale some how has only had 1 quart of fuel ran thru it :p

Last edited by a moderator:
The outboard conversion kits I have seen include the reverse rotation crank and the pto assembly.

I got my Novarossi 35plus21 powerhead from Glenn Quarles. The conversion was made by Carl VanHouten. The conversion included the crankshaft,pto(I got one for the k&b 3.5 bolt pattern w/7.5 cable size),and flywheel. Carl also makes a great header. Glenn did the work and he kept the unused parts. The only thing I changed was the carb(I used a D&J carb). I ran five tanks of fuel thru it before it came alive. It is way faster than my CMB!! My CMB pushed my HTB 290 to a two lap average of 28.00 secs. I cant wait to get the Novarossi on the oval. If you want to go fast,get the best,35plus21.

7-port $500.00 or so

regards Aaron
or troy you could just break and buy one of my already done and ready to go..cmb 3.5 rs with the not needed conversion kit and a already done pto remachined and a brand new os leg with the silver bullet pipe and header for 575.00 plus shipping.. these nova deals are not even including the lower unit at that price or pipe and header and my cmb will run with them all ... here is a greenhead i did first and it hauls the mail

tk
Some how i knew you would chime in here
biggrin.gif
It sounds tempting Terry, but i dont buy used engines or parts of any kind unless i can hold them in my hand and inspect them first. The problem with used stuff is you dont know whats in it and you dont know whats been done to it. If the mods helped or hurt , Mismatched pieces, how long its been ran and how many times its been rebuilt...to many unanswered questions buying used engines and almost EVERY used engine i see for sale some how has only had 1 quart of fuel ran thru it
tongue.gif

the cmb engines i have are new troy .. just put them together about 3 mo ago, i have no use for them as i am down to one mod boat.. yes larry i have only one of them..lol

tk

7-port $500.00 or so

regards Aaron

tk
Some how i knew you would chime in here
biggrin.gif
It sounds tempting Terry, but i dont buy used engines or parts of any kind unless i can hold them in my hand and inspect them first. The problem with used stuff is you dont know whats in it and you dont know whats been done to it. If the mods helped or hurt , Mismatched pieces, how long its been ran and how many times its been rebuilt...to many unanswered questions buying used engines and almost EVERY used engine i see for sale some how has only had 1 quart of fuel ran thru it
tongue.gif

the cmb engines i have are new troy .. just put them together about 3 mo ago, i have no use for them as i am down to one mod boat.. yes larry i have only one of them..lol

tk
Are you bringing it to Mendota?

Back