.12 hammerhead (project speed)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hammermom, come on in and sign up! You might be the first female member on the site. Don't be shy, say Hi once in a while. Now we have to behave ourselves.
You got that right, babe.

hahahahaha!!!! :D thats one funny avatar! hammermom!!!!
:D :D :D ;D

Now that you have seen what she looks like, you can't blame her for staying in the shadows.

Just kiddin' Mom!

Hammermom. nice to have you on board!!

I'm actually using Cadkey, which is a competitor of AutoCad.

i laughed my but off when i saw your avatar!! i can tell you have a good sense of humor!

Welcome Aboard Hammermom!!!

Is it true? The first female member? That might warrant a poem! ;D

So Mike, Are you saying that the base of the sirio is O.S. or they have AAC parts for O.S. The Stats for the engines, and the shape of the sleeve and pistons that I saw on the URL look very similar to the O.S

Hammer

Sirio just realized what most other aftermarket companies have found. You make more money selling aftermarket parts to customers that have not bought your engine that from the customers that did.

Sirio is just producing "replacement" parts for Traxxas and OS engines. These parts supposedly improve/increase performance of the engines.

Hammer:

I HATE YOUR SPONSONS!

Well, I just got through glueing the aluminum tubes into my new Hammer-Cut sponsons. I left about 5/8" stick out for tapeing the booms on. When I was sure that they were glued in real good and would never never come out I decided to put them on the new tube to see how they looked. I'm now sitting here with a very large, very dry martini because the 5/8" sticks out on the right side of the right sponson! > :(

The other new set of sponons I built don't have the tubes going all the

way through, so this is all your fault! ;D

P.S. I do know how to get them out. Heat up the tube real hot and pull them out with plyers. I used to do that when I wanted to change stuffing tubes on the solid shaft riggers. However those were so long I had to hook a battery to each end. : :)

heat it with a small propane torch.... ive made repairs like that with no probs.... dont blow into the tube...... just across it or youll melt the foam

That is funny, and not funny at the same time. I'm really sorry about what happened, Don. In the instruction booklet for the Hammerhead.12, We go over in detail about making sure you are working with the correct side before glueing. I always mark with a pencil which way is which on the sidewalls. Believe me though, having the outer tubes go all the way through just adds tons of strength to them. As far as getting them out, I think Tom's suggestion is the only way. You could try an soldering iron, as well.

This way you will be able to control where the heat is going.

Martini sounds good.

Hammer

Hey Hammer,

Do you know the pro's and con's of placing the rudder directly centered and behind the prop?

-MikeP

Hammer,

I got them out with a martini and a very powerfull soldering iron! You'r right about adding strength. On the other sponsons, I put an inner wall support like you suggested. Works great!

Thanks again,

Don

Mike P! I'm not sure of what difference it would make, but I have always been told that putting the rudder directly behind the prop makes it easier to turn both ways. This type of set up is popular for boats that aren't intended for racing. I have seen a few monos race with this set up, but I have never seen a hydro use it.

Hey Don! That'll work. Sure glad to here that you weren't doomed.

Hammer

Mike and Hammer

Having the rudder behind the prop is OK for sub-surface drive but for surface drive it could be a bad thing.

Cant get into tons of detail but if you start thinking about the pressure of the water comming off the prop and landing on the rudder blade it begins to make sence.

All I can say is keep the rudder away from the prop on any surface drive set up.

Grim

Don, thanks for the input. BTW, I like Vodka Martini's with lots of olives! :p

Didja all notice? 30 pages on this thread! Who woulda thunk?

hammer and Ron,

did i miss something? is the hammerhead .12 now available? last i heard you guys were gonna do a test cut and assembly to make sure the parts fit each other than Don was talking about the sponsons... ??? :-

Joe

No Joe, you haven't missed anything. We plan on doing the first cuts on Saturday if the wood gets here in time.

Back