Flow Meter

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Throttle~Up

Hi Guy's It's probably been here already but can somebody give me Baseline Flow meter numbers for these motors.

1. CMB Valvoa.21 red head

2. Mac Blue head .21

3. Mac Blue Head .45

4 CMB Green Head 80s with big bowls for high nitro

5 Mac 84 Blue Head

I know the answers will be all over the place but I can get a feel for what I need here at 4200 feet.

Dose the number change with higher % Nitro and or Pipe settings?

Thanks in Advance Chuck

Hi Guy's It's probably been here already but can somebody give me Baseline Flow meter numbers for these motors.

2. Mac Blue head .21

3. Mac Blue Head .45

5 Mac 84 Blue Head

I know the answers will be all over the place but I can get a feel for what I need here at 4200 feet.

Thanks in Advance Chuck
Chuck if it's one of Boris Mazors flow meters start out around 40-45 for the 80's and give Tony C. a call. The numbers will be higher for the smaller motors. See you tomorrow.

Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:

2. Mac Blue head .21

3. Mac Blue Head .45

5 Mac 84 Blue Head

Thanks in Advance Chuck
Chuck if it's one of Boris Mazors flow meters start out around 40-45 for the 80's and give Tony C. a call. The numbers will be higher for the smaller motors. See you tomorrow.

Glenn
P.S. what works at sea level does not work here-numbers tend to be lower here at elevation and even lower as it heats up.

2. Mac Blue head .21

3. Mac Blue Head .45

5 Mac 84 Blue Head

Thanks in Advance Chuck

Glenn
P.S. what works at sea level does not work here-numbers tend to be lower here at elevation and even lower as it heats up.
Thanks Glenn one of my 21s flowed 160 and it was running great last wekend...... somethings up..

Chuck

2. Mac Blue head .21

3. Mac Blue Head .45

5 Mac 84 Blue Head

Thanks in Advance Chuck

Glenn
Thanks Glenn one of my 21s flowed 160 and it was running great last wekend...... somethings up..

Chuck
Chuck, was the carb wide open? Was it set @ 300 with the line pinched off?

Glenn

2. Mac Blue head .21

3. Mac Blue Head .45

5 Mac 84 Blue Head

Thanks in Advance Chuck

Glenn

Chuck

Glenn
Carb was wide open did not pinch to get that number...... I'm looking for baselines...... ANYBODY????

2. Mac Blue head .21

3. Mac Blue Head .45

5 Mac 84 Blue Head

Thanks in Advance Chuck

Glenn

Chuck

Glenn
Carb was wide open did not pinch to get that number...... I'm looking for baselines...... ANYBODY????
Chuck, Before you attach the meter- pinch the line off and adjust to 300-then attach to motor with carb open. 160 sounds way too high.

Glenn

O.K. Chuck, here is some baselines I got from Boris that his customers sent to him.

.45 motors- 56 low , 64 norm, 70 high.

.67 motors- 53 low, 57 norm, 60 high.

.80 motors-50-51

.90 motors- 46 low, 49 norm,50 high.

I did not write down any of the .21 numbers as I have no .21 motors.Please remember most of these folks probably live much closer to sea leavel than we do. My .67/.80 motors ran best @ 48-50. and that was in 81 degree weather Like I said the numbers will drop the hotter it gets. If it ran good last weekend-in the 95 degree weather-leave it alone. ;)

Glenn

Chuck;

Here is the base line for the red head valvola using 60% fuel.

start at 74 to 76 then work from there at your elevation.

my red head valvola here in the DC area runs at 76.

Carl

Chuck;

Here is the base line for the red head valvola using 60% fuel.

start at 74 to 76 then work from there at your elevation.

my red head valvola here in the DC area runs at 76.

Carl
Thank you finally some numbers........

None of you are reading the manual that Boris supplies. First of all - if you are using the latest gen 3 meter with 2 pumps - you do not have to pinch the line.

All you have to do FOR EACH BOAT - is to run your boat until it is performing at its maximum - THEN WHEN YOU HAVE ACHIEVED THAT MAXIMUM RUN - flow the carb & the reading you get IS YOUR BASELINE READING. Thereafter - when you go to the pond to run again - flow the carb to that baseline reading & you will always be in the ballpark, Getting a reading from another boater is not really accurate as he might have a different carb & running different % of fuel than you do.

Basically Herb's got it... apples to oranges..... and you have elevation.... I still use an old school propane and dwyer set Marty made.... for the most part, I bypass any 3rd channel needle I have, with a manual needle ( cmb factory), run the boat until I get a serious good run, and plug, and then i use my flowmeter to set the third channel at that flow setting as baseline...... rarely I ever use the flow machine again, and unless I travel to a major elevation venue do I ever have to touch the main to adjust.....

Factors like a new, tight motor, and searching pipe lengths, along with pulling too big a prop, normally have the fuel setting all over the place until you settle in or find the baseline... Once i'm comfortable with the boat running at baseline I hook up the radio 3rd, flowed, at center arm, and never look back.......

I run the manual on my tunnel exclusively..... dropping from 680 to almost sea level, at a race, I had the privilege a friend lent me use of a Mazor meter..... after open water and correspondingly setting a good needle, i flowed it for kicks......

with the numbers on my pit table, and using the machine, it was found to be very accurate, and i was duly impressed....

the number was 130..... my boat to yours, basically we cant give you a set of numbers... there was, which I have lost, a chart in the construction of a flowmeter post,( propane/dwyer) that had ranges for each size engine. In a pinch, and say, i have a 3rd channel integrated carb, did i use these range numbers. I had found, that with servo travel i could set to these ranges and would still have to dial mains in more than usual, and arrive at a base 0 on my radio, and center on the arm.....

Run the boat.... test the boat..... run it a little more.... while I havent gained a Mazor machine yet, they have their place, and until you gain your baseline on your boats, myself at least, hesitated at the unknown variables you have, and we all know throwing out a massively lean number could have damaged your engines........ my 20 cents.... and I post only because, it was the crickets chirpin sound that made me do it..... commence battle..... Mike

Boris's meters are very consistent but are not totaly linear from meter to meter. Changing the hose length will move your range. I have pluged another friends meter back to back with mine and got different readings. Once you get base readings for your setups you will be amazed how consistent the meter is. You also have to allow for altitude density. Try this engine tuners chart.

http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_hp_dp.htm

My .21's run from 90-110 and .45's 60-90 depending on the carb size and day we run.

Mic

Back