The Evil Twin 90 SGX

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For planning purposes, the Gas Nats in Charleston will start the following week, starting with open water on Wednesday, June 5th, racing starting on Thursday, June 6th, and will end on Saturday, June 8th. If we need more time, we will roll over into Sunday, June 9th to finish up. The race banquet will be on Friday evening.
We are looking at May 30, 31, June 1. Thursday, Friday, Saturday. We want to leave Sunday for a "drive home day". I think it is easier for people to take off an extra day toward the end of the week and be back ready for work on Monday.

Charlie,

You should plan on bringing that evil twin south to the next major race!

Scott
So I wonder what it will take to bring it down . I am a NAMBA member and whem and do I have to qualify? Guys need some feed back thank Charlie
We are planning a big 'Hydros Only' race down here in the Southeast for late May next year. Just the right time for you to come down out of the ice and thaw out Charles. Some of the Aussies are planning to come over for the event. We plan to run this Special Hydro Only event just once ever two years. 2013, 2015, 2017...

We will be inviting the Europeans and others as well. That is the reason for every odd year, as the NAVIGA World champs are every even year.
Andy,

I forgot to ask you over the weekend. Do you plan on limiting it to riggers only or will certain tunnels classes, say the 21's, be included? They are hydros after all. As you saw, there were some excellent 20 tunnel racing, both mod and sport, at the Fall Nats. They can be a good class separator for the rigger classes.

John
John,

Right now we are looking at about 12 classes. With the format we are planning, these 12 classes will fill the time for the 3 day event. The gas classes will run between nitro classes to help give eveyone some breathing room. We will probably run a Twin Nitro/Gas shootout. The IMPBA GAS nats are set for the following weekend. For that reason we may not get a big gas turnout, but on the other hand, gas racers may attend this race on their way to the Gas nats and make a double weekend of it with the Hydros. There are some California and Texas Gas/Nitro racers that are planning the trip for this Hydro Only race. They may decide to stay here on the Eastcoast and take in the Gas nats too.

These are the classes we are looking at:

.21 hydro

.45 hydro

.67 hydro

.105 single hydro

Twin nitro hydro (twin .45 - 1.25)

1/8 Scale hydro

sport 45 hydro

gas rigger

Gas Thunderboat

Gas sport hydro

Twin gas rigger
Andy what if the OPS 1.20 pans out can it run in a single eng boat?

Holly Shmollies what did I say . Crazy Andy your realy know how to jack a man up . So I will call ya tomarrow . Wow!

Charles,

Thanks for the idea on page three.

We are revisiting the H-31 on a single and twin set up.

As you all know there are not too many propellers in the 67mm size anymore.

Boat is looking very good on the water Charles.

Thanks Again,

Mark

Charlie,

Scott
So I wonder what it will take to bring it down . I am a NAMBA member and whem and do I have to qualify? Guys need some feed back thank Charlie
We are planning a big 'Hydros Only' race down here in the Southeast for late May next year. Just the right time for you to come down out of the ice and thaw out Charles. Some of the Aussies are planning to come over for the event. We plan to run this Special Hydro Only event just once ever two years. 2013, 2015, 2017...

We will be inviting the Europeans and others as well. That is the reason for every odd year, as the NAVIGA World champs are every even year.
Andy,

I forgot to ask you over the weekend. Do you plan on limiting it to riggers only or will certain tunnels classes, say the 21's, be included? They are hydros after all. As you saw, there were some excellent 20 tunnel racing, both mod and sport, at the Fall Nats. They can be a good class separator for the rigger classes.

John
John,

Right now we are looking at about 12 classes. With the format we are planning, these 12 classes will fill the time for the 3 day event. The gas classes will run between nitro classes to help give eveyone some breathing room. We will probably run a Twin Nitro/Gas shootout. The IMPBA GAS nats are set for the following weekend. For that reason we may not get a big gas turnout, but on the other hand, gas racers may attend this race on their way to the Gas nats and make a double weekend of it with the Hydros. There are some California and Texas Gas/Nitro racers that are planning the trip for this Hydro Only race. They may decide to stay here on the Eastcoast and take in the Gas nats too.

.21 hydro

.45 hydro

.67 hydro

.105 single hydro

1/8 Scale hydro

sport 45 hydro

gas rigger

Gas Thunderboat

Gas sport hydro

Twin gas rigger
Julian, David,

We are still in the "flexible" planning stage. We may just call it "Single F Nitro Hydro" and let the limit go all the way up to IMPBA 30 cc. That would actually make Zenoah's and CMB 27's legal if you ran methanol and nitro in them. With most of the racers runing single .80's-101's, do we want do that. Maybe? Jeremy Edge just won F hydro at the Fall nats with his little single .84 boat running againt several top notch twins...and it was NOT because he was the last boat running.

EDIT: .105 single nitro hydro or [1.25" (22 cc) single nitro hydro]?? or 1.8" (30cc) single nitro hydro???

The lower limit would be .68" Julian.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlie,

Scott

Andy,

John
John,

.21 hydro

.45 hydro

.67 hydro

.105 single hydro

1/8 Scale hydro

sport 45 hydro

gas rigger

Gas Thunderboat

Gas sport hydro

Twin gas rigger
Julian, David,

We are still in the "flexible" planning stage. We may just call it "Single F Nitro Hydro" and let the limit go all the way up to IMPBA 30 cc. That would actually make Zenoah's and CMB 27's legal if you ran methanol and nitro in them. With most of the racers runing single .80's-101's, do we want do that. Maybe? Jeremy Edge just won F hydro at the Fall nats with his little single .84 boat running againt several top notch twins...and it was NOT because he was the last boat running.

EDIT: .105 single nitro hydro or [1.25" (22 cc) single nitro hydro]?? or 1.8" (30cc) single nitro hydro???

The lower limit would be .68" Julian.
I was confused thats all needed clarification Andy I do have a F hydro single now in my Armada of boats LOL..

hell im going to talk to my buddy and work or a triple engine hydro ha ha ha maybe one with (5)45 VAC motors haha

hell im going to talk to my buddy and work or a triple engine hydro ha ha ha
We've had them over the years Julian. Sid Broughton had Triple OPS 60's in a Pinckert Gator. Doug McNeely Multiple K&B 7.5's in the Coyote. There were others that don't come to mind at the moment.

i seen one that had 4 of them i was like that has to be a nightmare to get them all in sync LOL

Guy's

What is the total cc limit in the twin class for IMPBA?

thanks
Twin rigger class is 2.50" combined

F Hydro is 1.83"

Single engine F Hydro used at the Fall Nats has been 1.05" - not in the rule book however, just race rules

Since this is planned as an IMPBA race, suggest that it is kept as close as possible to the current rules. It makes it much easier for rules enforcement. That includes 92db limit and and not 95db as in NAMBA.. The scrutiny by IMPBA over the rules and their enforcement for 2013 will be greater.

i seen one that had 4 of them i was like that has to be a nightmare to get them all in sync LOL
Reedy Darville had a cat with 4 KB 7.5's and Larry Beals had a coyote with 3 7.5 's as well . thinking 4 VAC 91's would be a trip !!
or 4 101RS Motors but theres no where you can run it because of the insurance. Unless you test it on your own and pray you dont hurt sopmeone or damage anything..

Reedy Darville had a cat with 4 KB 7.5's and Larry Beals had a coyote with 3 7.5 's as well . thinking 4 VAC 91's would be a trip !!
or 4 101RS Motors but theres no where you can run it because of the insurance. Unless you test it on your own and pray you dont hurt sopmeone or damage anything..
If someone hit to twin quad x 101RS rigger then it will go sink down the pond. Will you pay hire to Diver Scuba so he will pick it up in the water but the engines are bad " rust" and will pay extra list parts That's risky!!! :wacko:

If someone hit to twin quad x 101RS rigger then it will go sink down the pond. Will you pay hire to Diver Scuba so he will pick it up in the water but the engines are bad " rust" and will pay extra list parts That's risky!!! :wacko:
our Twins float because of the sponsons put bigger ones

Back