The Evil Twin 90 SGX

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Progress hit 90 today on the gun and concludded that with a longer lake it would be mid 90s fur sure . We had snow last week and may not be able to run tell next year.

2012-10-07 02.37.44.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Charles I told you that best A/A 80-90 pipes from Al Hobbs . It really missile fastest . Are you happy with it ?

Progress hit 90 today on the gun and concludded that with a longer lake it would be mid 90s fur sure . We had snow last week and may not be able run tell next year.
if its cold you must be making alot of power thats very good. By the Way i love that paint Job..

I think the water temp was 40 deg, and the air temp was around 47-50 deg.

One or two more weeks of open ice free water.

Progress hit 90 today on the gun and concludded that with a longer lake it would be mid 90s fur sure . We had snow last week and may not be able run tell next year.
if its cold you must be making alot of power thats very good. By the Way i love that paint Job..
The powers good but it can be a pain to tune at 45deg. and lower it better to og with a lower nitro content . As you can can here

the motors are sloppy fat at 55% my friend Rod with his new saw rigger had to go to 45% to get his motor to wake up and run hotter pluggs . We had it running way faster after getting dialed in and ya im sooper happy with it.

charles i dont know what the temperature of the water was when i ran my Twin in late nov but it was really cold. what you can do to help the engines also and i have done this many times is reduce the amount of water cooling also that helps alot i used 60 % nitro in the cold weather with regular MC9 glow plugs and OD89 glow plugs engines need heat and thats why i reduce the water going to the motors. just something to think about. you dont have to lower your nitro content.. i never have

Julian

Charles just find the event you want to race in and just sign up. there is no qualifying even if its a IMPBA event you can pay the 10 dollar fee and still race buddy..

Julian

Charlie,

You should plan on bringing that evil twin south to the next major race!

Scott
So I wonder what it will take to bring it down . I am a NAMBA member and whem and do I have to qualify? Guys need some feed back thank Charlie
We are planning a big 'Hydros Only' race down here in the Southeast for late May next year. Just the right time for you to come down out of the ice and thaw out Charles. Some of the Aussies are planning to come over for the event. We plan to run this Special Hydro Only event just once ever two years. 2013, 2015, 2017...

We will be inviting the Europeans and others as well. That is the reason for every odd year, as the NAVIGA World champs are every even year.

Charlie,

Scott
So I wonder what it will take to bring it down . I am a NAMBA member and whem and do I have to qualify? Guys need some feed back thank Charlie
We are planning a big 'Hydros Only' race down here in the Southeast for late May next year. Just the right time for you to come down out of the ice and thaw out Charles. Some of the Aussies are planning to come over for the event. We plan to run this Special Hydro Only event just once ever two years. 2013, 2015, 2017...

We will be inviting the Europeans and others as well. That is the reason for every odd year, as the NAVIGA World champs are every even year.
Andy,

I forgot to ask you over the weekend. Do you plan on limiting it to riggers only or will certain tunnels classes, say the 21's, be included? They are hydros after all. As you saw, there was some excellent 20 tunnel racing, both mod and sport, at the Fall Nats. They can be a good class separator for the rigger classes.

John

Charlie,

Scott

Andy,

I forgot to ask you over the weekend. Do you plan on limiting it to riggers only or will certain tunnels classes, say the 21's, be included? They are hydros after all. As you saw, there were some excellent 20 tunnel racing, both mod and sport, at the Fall Nats. They can be a good class separator for the rigger classes.

John
John,

Right now we are looking at about 12 classes. With the format we are planning, these 12 classes will fill the time for the 3 day event. The gas classes will run between nitro classes to help give eveyone some breathing room. We will probably run a Twin Nitro/Gas shootout. The IMPBA GAS nats are set for the following weekend. For that reason we may not get a big gas turnout, but on the other hand, gas racers may attend this race on their way to the Gas nats and make a double weekend of it with the Hydros. There are some California and Texas Gas/Nitro racers that are planning the trip for this Hydro Only race. They may decide to stay here on the Eastcoast and take in the Gas nats too.

These are the classes we are looking at:

.21 hydro

.45 hydro

.67 hydro

.105 single nitro hydro or [1.25" (22 cc) single nitro hydro]?? Edit

Twin nitro hydro (twin .45 - 1.25)

1/8 Scale hydro

sport 45 hydro

gas rigger

Gas Thunderboat

Gas sport hydro

Twin gas rigger

For planning purposes, the Gas Nats in Charleston will start the following week, starting with open water on Wednesday, June 5th, racing starting on Thursday, June 6th, and will end on Saturday, June 8th. If we need more time, we will roll over into Sunday, June 9th to finish up. The race banquet will be on Friday evening.

Back