The Evil Twin 90 SGX

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell us more about the struts and some pictures of them please , nice looking boat those motors look huge in there should run nice

Not to sue about the struts Andy suprized me with them they are nice and eazy to install. Andy called my boat a Hybrid! Look to methat I got the best that Andy is putting out. Im sure he will chime in and inlighten us.

20120823_220005.jpg

med_gallery_11998_1289_38646.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a pic looking straight down into the bait box. I suspect that mounting method may be more rigid that the standard transom mount. Also leaves the transom nice and clean for graphics.

How about a pic looking straight down into the bait box. I suspect that mounting method may be more rigid that the standard transom mount. Also leaves the transom nice and clean for graphics.

Jon, is just that a bilbord its sweet! Hey earlier It sounded like you may have a set of pipes what are they and how much also any fuel tanks while im waiting . thanks Charles

20120831_073656.jpg

Mounting was what I suspected. Thanks for the pic to donfirm.

I don't have any tanks or pipes to spare. I do have an SGX 2xMAC84 on the shelf that I want to get back together. Hopefully I'll get to it soon. Since I plan to replace the ski's, I may redo the struts to something similar.

Jon, is just that a bilbord its sweet! Hey earlier It sounded like you may have a set of pipes what are they and how much also any fuel tanks while im waiting . thanks Charles
Charles,

I would rethink putting your water line and rudder rod through the same hole in the transom. The constant movement of the rod can and ultimately will wear a hole in the water line and then you can cook 2 high $$$ engines in a quick hurry. I would move the water line. Just looking to take a gremlin out of the equation.

Tell us more about the struts and some pictures of them please , nice looking boat those motors look huge in there should run nice
Michael, Ya man thoughs motors are ba d to the bone. Talked to Andy todayabout them they are a mild mod app with a set of 45 mac carbs for know I already have 2 more motors to do a all out mod maby this winter . hoping to run and brake in next weekend . The struts are a newer version or HIBRID on his newer boats just lookin at them you can see that the rear skis are better suported and it also looks like im not going to have to fix the transom . the stress is all down under and is alot more built to handle the stress better . Fix the ski and transom problems even though old or new these boats rock man oh ya and i have a bilbord on the back . Its going to look as good as it kicks later Charles

Dude just havin fun riding the ride ! Im so far away from you guys that every thing is a "TFS" . PLUS IM EXCITED that a guy like Andy Exists ! And ya ya he's human and i dont have my head up his butt!

Allan's correct. My single Eagle OPS 90 loves the H31. I had (broke a shaft) a Sholund built ABC 31 at 5.29" (cup) and 67.66mm and it was stupid fast. The only boat to match speed with Allan's twin SST 90's and hold lane 1. It could use a little more as Allan's twin is getting faster and I need more from the prop as the OPS 90 pulls it with ease. Was easily able to push 1667's and H-50's but the larger H-31 gave more speed and push through ther corner.

Nice I have had that H31 wouldnt be good for my twin 90 has any one run them . Did my first start up this weekend motor 1 nice and smooth motor 2 runs and then gets air in the line and runs away? I can chock it and pull the air out of the line and it will be fine and it it smooth and a little sluggish but i give it throttle it come back and it looks like its getting air from the carb. I changed all the large fuel lines twies I switched carbs fuel tanks pipes needles and 1.5 gallins of 55% with the same outcome tomarow i am giong to change to my spare motor oh i tried everything on the othter motor and it all ran well .

Just did my first shake down run . Andy got my tanks and hardware done . I had a small problem with the third needle the bracket I made was mounted to the motor mount bolts and was shaking so hard that it was making the needles run lean fixxed it sinked the motors and lanched . The second fuel up at just over 3/4 throttle got a gun reading of 83 mph ! Started raining and also working on video . got to do some Maintenance later Charlie

"Second fuel up"..."just over 3/4 throttle"...."gun reading of 83 mph!" Not bad for an "antique" set of OPS 90's! Looking forward to seeing what it does when it's "Dialed" ! :)

Back