The Evil Twin 90 SGX

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys second day ran a little more than a gallon of 55% 1st run fatten up the motors as much as I could and ran 7 laps with a head temp 105 inside and 98 on outside with a top speed of 74 with perfect plugs and no over heating . the next couple of runs had tried to find a better mixture and lost my harminized tune and hit a small stick and kicked the shire pin .Every thing is good ckecked the head shims and are perfect the day before I had kicked out and burned a head shim . All and all wow what a weekend!

Hey Scott congrads on the 2 second places !!!

20120909_134007.jpg

20120909_133955.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey charles pm me i have an email for someone you need to talk to about getting your motor.

Hugh

Ok guys finaly got some decent weather 45 and sprinkles but calm water with a temp of 49.8 .changed 3rd needles heads and shims got the motor to harminize real nice! Got 85mph with the 1667 5.8 cup props @55% nitro after running 1.5 gal. went with

the 1667 6.2cup and jumped up to 87 mph and real strong and ran ot of fuel after that run .

Can any one tell me the afects of nito % drop incold weather im running

the Byron 55% w/16% lube im thinking that with the cold the % of nitro is

below 50% what do you think Charlie

How the heck do ya post a Video?

Charles if you got it on youtube, copy link and add [ media ] to the front of the link and [ /media] at the end of it (remove the spaces).

Ok guys finaly got some decent weather 45 and sprinkles but calm water with a temp of 49.8 .changed 3rd needles heads and shims got the motor to harminize real nice! Got 85mph with the 1667 5.8 cup props @55% nitro after running 1.5 gal. went with

the 1667 6.2cup and jumped up to 87 mph and real strong and ran ot of fuel after that run .

Can any one tell me the afects of nito % drop incold weather im running

the Byron 55% w/16% lube im thinking that with the cold the % of nitro is

below 50% what do you think Charlie

How the heck do ya post a Video?
Awesome Charlie! 87 mph from very heavy OPS 91's that were designed 35 years ago! And I know there was not a lot of mods done. MAC 45 carbs, new heads, a little port work, rotor clearance set and stock timing. A little more tuning and you'll be in the 90's! :) Not bad for your very first twin!

Hey Charlie, I posted the same question. I'd love to show the video we got of her running. Maybe the file is the large?

I like it! I like your site with the fall color trees....Very Nice!

Those OPS 90's are turning on some REVS Charlie!! They are still a little out of Sync and the struts need some minor adjustment to smooth out the chatter in the corners, but overall your progress is GREAT!

Actually the struts are probably fine. The slightly out of sync engines will cause the chatter.

So Andy the'' REVS''do I need more cupping or larger props . We also noticed that the pipes are different one is a 67 and one is a 80 I am trying to get the pipe problem solved until you get the others made up. HE HE its pretty freaky when it goes by screaming!

that would explain the engines out of sync

We also noticed that the pipes are different one is a 67 and one is a 80 I am trying to get the pipe problem solved until you get the others made up

making good progress though

That cetainly explains why they both sing a different note. The OPS's will be happier if you let them rev, so stick with the props you are using. They will get you to 90 mph. When the engines are running exactly together it will go even faster. Right now one is holding the other back. They way they are right now you have good throttle response. When you have a matched set of pipes and everything is working good, you could then shorten down the pipes and run faster. The big OPS 90 can stand up to some very high revs.

That cetainly explains why they both sing a different note. The OPS's will be happier if you let them rev, so stick with the props you are using. They will get you to 90 mph. When the engines are running exactly together it will go even faster. Right now one is holding the other back. They way they are right now you have good throttle response. When you have a matched set of pipes and everything is working good, you could then shorten down the pipes and run faster. The big OPS 90 can stand up to some very high revs.
Andy 67 or 80 pipes the 67 is the one screamin. the 80 pipe is a little lazy I should have one of each lined up .

Awesome boat Charlie! Keep an eye out for the ice forming soon at Taku.

Scott
Scott man club night was cold 46 water temp and 44 air .The mountains have snow down to flattop already .I dont think Rod Tim John and I will get past the 20th of Oct . Soooooo did you jack up the JAE yet He He!

Later Charlie

Back