The dust & chips are flyin'

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is it your getting Thunderboat Reproduction hulls? :ph34r: Very nice work. Keep us updated.

" what does that make me with 5 or 6 at once?"

Hey Hydro Junkie,

That would make you indecisive, and soon to be, certifiably Bonkers !!! Har, Har !!! What hulls are you building??

I'm hoping that Don will get one of his two Caspari hulls finished, and this year actually race at the Spring Nats. Oh, that's right - - only have to accumulate 50 points for Concourse racing. Darn there will be a few there that really enjoy heat racing. CHEERS !!! Bob

I'm hoping that Don will get one of his two Caspari hulls finished, and this year actually race at the Spring Nats. Oh, that's right - - only have to accumulate 50 points for Concourse racing. Darn there will be a few there that really enjoy heat racing. CHEERS !!! Bob
Ah yes a nice cheap shot eh? Well Bob 'ol boy last year's Springnats was definitely a heartbreaker, ran what 15 or so laps for that lame azz TV news crew who missed their cue on the Friday morning live broadcast & never got past buoy one every heat after that. Find out after I get home it was a $20 throttle servo that would overheat & quit about a minute or two after you turned it on ... just long enough to get the boat in the water. Note to self, don't use 3101's on bigger engines for throttle servos anymore. :angry: Well after I installed a stronger servo that 'ol S/J went on to win every single D12 race the rest of the season including our season high points championship & end of year Gold Cup race. Come hell or high water one, or both, will be ready for Atlanta. BTW- unfortunately it is painfully apparent there are those who race in the scale class who don't give a rat's azz if they trade paint with another scale, sorry I don't think that way. I have respect for any other scale boat that gets put in the water and I don't need this class to get my adrenaline rush, my twins get that done for me. Now if I choose to race it or cruise around the pond wide to collect points that is my choice but one thing for sure is I will stay very far away from the individual who came within inches of destroying the '94 S/J last year while it was floating WAY off the course at the shoreline & who is also entered there this year ....... :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I'm having a hard enough time finishing one! Although I have enough bare hulls around here I could to two or three at a time. I'm stuck in the middle od never ending body work on this Circus....she's about a day or two away from being ready for paint.

New pics posted on the '96 S/J build including a few shots on how to "roll your own" turbine tube. For those of you who've asked previously, here's pics to show how easy it really is. B)

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=770

Remember to click the "+" sign next to the word title to put them in proper order. :)

Mike, Have you ever considered laying all you boats together and take group shot. That would be one impressive shot.

Got to say building a new one and REBUILDING another (my old Caspari T-4 ) is probably like buidling 3 new boats. Keep em going my friend the old T-4 is really taking shape.

Bill D.

Don,,,Starting to take shape,,,Looks OK,,, Sorry though,,,My 94 S/J is still the one to beat......You will never come close to the build and perfection of this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Don,,,Starting to take shape,,,Looks OK,,, Sorry though,,,My 94 S/J is still the one to beat......You will never come close to the build and perfection of this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p
LOL!!! You crack me up!! The '96 is being built just like I built your '94, like kissin' cousins. :p

Back