2011 U-7 Valken 1/8 scale FE build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
http://gallery.intlw....php?album=1126

Click on the "+" sign next to the word Position in the header bar to put the pics in proper order.

smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow nice build Don, is it a laser cut kit?

What are you planning for motor and batteries? The motor mount looks great. Can't wait to see a video when she's running.

What are you planning for motor and batteries? The motor mount looks great. Can't wait to see a video when she's running.
Brian it is one of Mike Luszcz laser cut framing kits and will run a NEU 1527 1.5Y on Hyperion 10S1P 5000mah. The motor mount is made by Peter Zicha and is superbly done (I added the ESC plate on top made from G10). I'm actually building two from Mike's kits, this one and the '78 U-1 Budweiser that I just finished most of the framing on. That one will be nitro powered. B)

Brian it is one of Mike Luszcz laser cut framing kits and will run a NEU 1527 1.5Y on Hyperion 10S1P 5000mah. The motor mount is made by Peter Zicha and is superbly done (I added the ESC plate on top made from G10). I'm actually building two from Mike's kits, this one and the '78 U-1 Budweiser that I just finished most of the framing on. That one will be nitro powered. B)
That Lee is gonna rip! Killer build Sir!

Finally pulled the Albert Lee back down off the shelf to resume working on it. Did a little more on the dummy turbine and began fitment of the front canard and rear verticals. Added a couple new pics-.

http://gallery.intlw....php?album=1126

As always click on the "+" sign next to the word Position in the header bar to put the pics in proper order. :)

That tubine deck is slick. Awesome work. How much will this model weight when complete?

Change up!! Decided to switch to the 2011 U-7 Valken driven by Scott Liddycoat. Scott is a D12 member so it seems only fitting to have a scale of the real boat running in our district. We swapped a couple e-mails about it and in his words- "That would be very cool to see that bad black beast out there!!!!". Plus it doesn't hurt that I already have the correct colors on the shelf. :D

Thats a MEAN :angry: ride. Shes sharp Don . Cant wait to see it.
Shot the first run of DZ-3 primer/surfacer today on the hull. Now it's chase down all the little imperfections then sand most of the DZ-3 off and hit with epoxy primer.

Lookin good Don, Badest looking boat on the H-1 circuit, can't wait to see it on the water, gonna be SWEET!

It was cool meeting Scott when we were in Elizabeth City in the Spring. I've caught a few of the H-1 races when I can find them on Versus.

From what I've seen he's done really well in his rookie year! Way to go!

Chris

UPDATE: Liddycoat wins the Oryx Cup in Doha, Qatar! Congradulations on his first H-1 Unlimited Hydro victory!

Finally after a week of being on call and and 18 hour weekend for a fire panel change out I was able to get back into the shop. Hull is now in white epoxy primer and after a couple touch ups will be ready for wet sanding for colors. Working on cowl and wings now, gettin' closer ............ :)

If I may ask, is your rudder mount a custom, or commercially available mount. That appears to be more of 'scale' mount than others I have been looking at. Starting the hardware search for my '94 Bud T-4 twin wing.

Thanks, Mike

If I may ask, is your rudder mount a custom, or commercially available mount. That appears to be more of 'scale' mount than others I have been looking at. Starting the hardware search for my '94 Bud T-4 twin wing.

Thanks, Mike
That rudder set up came from Andy Brown (CMDi) but unfortunately is now made of unobtanium. A real shame too as they actually look like they belong on the back of the scales.

Back