JAP/JAE Riggers, post your pics!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I machined it to fit right against the ski level with the bottom of the hull.once it is place it should not need to be adjusted any further.

Here are a couple pics of where it will sit when mounted.

317gmy0.jpg

30k4rk4.jpg
That's the ticket, very cool. B)

I machined it to fit right against the ski level with the bottom of the hull.once it is place it should not need to be adjusted any further.

Here are a couple pics of where it will sit when mounted.

317gmy0.jpg

30k4rk4.jpg
That's the ticket, very cool. B)

We have been working on something very similar!

Ours is bigger and more complicated. I like yours better!

Joe

We have been working on something very similar!

Ours is bigger and more complicated. I like yours better!

Joe
We're waiting Joe! After the .21 I'm looking forward to the gas version, got an engine sitting here but that puppy might need a rear exhaust RCMK.

Sent you an e-mail last week, did you get it? I see that a lot of things on my list are out of stock.

Lookin' good Dave, what color(s) are you going to do it in?

Last night I finally got my servos mounted in #1 and starting assemblying the sponsons on #2 plus some work on the tub. I gotta get bustin' as I'm going to have to have room for when the .21 gets here.

yes im going with one of his motors ill probally order it next week.i will bring it out this weekend.i also orded a abn to put back in my os 21.70.00 is that a good price?i can get the abc set for 59.00 then trun it down.

yes im going with one of his motors ill probally order it next week.i will bring it out this weekend.i also orded a abn to put back in my os 21.70.00 is that a good price?i can get the abc set for 59.00 then trun it down.
Your build looks great !!! Im looking at mine and everyone has a little different set up ! This kit has been amazing! I waiting on Maus Epoxy to seal the entire hull then its a matter of re assembling motor and radio into the hull.

Last night I finally got my servos mounted in #1 and starting assemblying the sponsons on #2 plus some work on the tub. I gotta get bustin' as I'm going to have to have room for when the .21 gets here.

Where did you get the cowling from Dave?
Ron, I'll go with something bright so I can see it.

The cowl is from a Lanier Shrike kit ( fast airplane). But it'is close to a Sig airplane cowl.

At first I did my sponsons up in black but after thinking it over they got repainted to white, they really don't look too bad in that color. Number 2 is probably going to see lime and maybe the sponsons again in white. I bought some yellow but there are a few of those already.

Visibility is probably more important on these boats are going to be hard enough to see on a back stretch dead in the water with bright colors.

Where did you get the cowling from Dave?
Ron, I'll go with something bright so I can see it.

The cowl is from a Lanier Shrike kit ( fast airplane). But it'is close to a Sig airplane cowl.
david, i've got a 1/2A shrike with a big mig .061. fast & VERY touchy!!

I still need to get a flywheel made for the picco .12 engine I have.

But I'm thinking I might get an engine from Glenn Quarles.

This has been a fun kit to build and this site, plus the members has helped so much.

I'll keep this updated. :D

-Dave

DSCN1213.JPG

DSCN1215.JPG

DSCN1214.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I still need to get a flywheel made for the picco .12 engine I have.

But I'm thinking I might get an engine from Glenn Quarles.

This has been a fun kit to build and this site, plus the members has helped so much.

I'll keep this updated. :D

-Dave
I like it! Cowl looks good too!

Dave, with that SG shaft engine you'll need the flywheel kit that Joe Solinger now has. Go down to the Manufacturer's For Sale forum, it's in there. It's a bargain!

That engine that you have is a gutsy little thing, not a bad one to get the boat wet with. I had mine in another 'rigger and went it got up on the pipe it surprised me!

Boaters,

GREAT NEWS JAE-21 kits will start cutting on Monday. :D

I was in contact with Joe today.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

Boaters,

GREAT NEWS JAE-21 kits will start cutting on Monday. :D

I was in contact with Joe today.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund
Thanks for the news Mark! I can't wait to get mine. I guess I will have another prop order coming to you soon!

Great build Dave! It really looks good! If you are thinking about buying one of Glenns motors, do not hesitate...they are very nice motors (just got mine from him not long ago) and he is very good to deal with! Get the carb mod and the Texan pipe (sweet!) that he makes...you will not be dissapointed!

-Kent

Latest posts

Back