JAP/JAE Riggers, post your pics!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron,

I have to admit that I was a bit doubtful that this was going to fit. But thanks to you I'm in action. :D

-Dave

not done but ready to seal.

100_2239.jpg

100_2240.jpg

100_2241.jpg

100_2242.jpg

100_2206.jpg

well I still need to put on ski lol.

100_2239.jpg

100_2240.jpg

100_2241.jpg

100_2242.jpg

100_2206.jpg

Jeremy,You are a bit farther along than I am but I'll be ready by the Dec. race. Here are a few pics of a strut I made yesterday.

Jim

Let me try this again I cant get the pics to upload

Last edited by a moderator:

100_2239.jpg

100_2240.jpg

100_2241.jpg

100_2242.jpg

100_2206.jpg

Jeremy,You are a bit farther along than I am but I'll be ready by the Dec. race. Here are a few pics of a strut I made yesterday.

Jim

Let me try this again I cant get the pics to upload
2hqx753.jpg
[/img]

zv60yp.jpg
[/img]

vsc8yf.jpg
[/img]

The build looks great what do you plan to use to seal your hull?

Jim as for the strut that's pretty neat but how will you adjust the strut?

I machined it to fit right against the ski level with the bottom of the hull.once it is place it should not need to be adjusted any further.

Here are a couple pics of where it will sit when mounted.

317gmy0.jpg

30k4rk4.jpg

Hey guys, Been away from boats for quite a few years and getting back into it with one of the JAE's, they just look too cool. Mine's ordered along with a motor mount, I've got the servos laying aroud already as well as a supertiger .18.... still deciding on strut and rudder setup

I'm interested in finding some detailed pics of a 3rd channel mixture setup on one. Been searching for awhile and cant seem to find any. I checked out the jackrabbit setup and could get one of those hooked up plenty easy from the looks of it... but if you've got a good setup on your boat, post up a pic if you can. I'm looking to get those parts ordered up this week and wanted to see what everyone else is using.

TIA!

Tony

I machined it to fit right against the ski level with the bottom of the hull.once it is place it should not need to be adjusted any further.

317gmy0.jpg

30k4rk4.jpg
Jim,

That is going to work great.... ;)

Rod Geraghty

317gmy0.jpg

30k4rk4.jpg
Jim,

Rod Geraghty
now thats what Im talking about out side of minor adjustment I think that is awesome Jim! B)

317gmy0.jpg

30k4rk4.jpg
Jim,

Rod Geraghty
now thats what Im talking about out side of minor adjustment I think that is awesome Jim! B)
minor adjustment of what?????? the strut doesn't need it.

JIM buddy pal, whats going on? need your car washed? that's a mighty nice strut there buddy! lol looking great man!

Very nice work on the strut jim .....very nice .some of us here could have used one of them.... :p

Tony , i will be rigging up a Don ferrete base and the o.s inflight needle valve whn i get to that part and i have a good idea form looking at one of the other guys setup.throttle servo on left, 3rd ch on right.should work great and simple too.

if i get there before you i will post some pics...just not ready yet....

JIM buddy pal, whats going on? need your car washed? that's a mighty nice strut there buddy! lol looking great man!
Jeremy,

As a matter of fact my Harley needs to be detailed. ;) Actually I have had a bunch of inquiries so I am going to make a limited amount of these for those who want them.I have started a list but have not advertised.I will not be able to start on them until next week (I am actually on vacation this week)so any one on this thread can send me a PM. I have not even had time to think about a price yet,when I get things together I will post in the For Sale section.

Jim

Very nice work on the strut jim .....very nice .some of us here could have used one of them.... :p

Tony , i will be rigging up a Don ferrete base and the o.s inflight needle valve whn i get to that part and i have a good idea form looking at one of the other guys setup.throttle servo on left, 3rd ch on right.should work great and simple too.

if i get there before you i will post some pics...just not ready yet....

hi,here's a couple of pics of my set up with 3rd channel...works great,thanks for looking...lil al

Awesome.... thanks guys

I ordered the OS piece and I'll get the Jackrabbit piece coming this week also.... just opened up the supertiger and it looks better than I expected, alittle exhauct timing and it should really rip.

Just from looking at the Jackrabbit pics I think it might fit on the right side right next to where the HSN would be.... and mount the servos like you said munn..... wont know for sure until the hull is assembled and engine installed though

hi,im not running a jack rabbit set-up.it's an os inflight needle set-up on my nova carb.i tryed to put a jack rabbit needle set-up in it(very compact)....lil al

hi,im not running a jack rabbit set-up.it's an os inflight needle set-up on my nova carb.i tryed to put a jack rabbit needle set-up in it(very compact)....lil al
I noticed that.... thats a nice feature on the nova engine for sure, but it wont work on mine. So I'll have to find a spot to mount the Jackrabbit there by the right side somewhere.

Back