JAP/JAE Riggers, post your pics!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, I didn't want to let the cat out of the bag but I kind of knew this earlier in the week. I just got hold of him to order some hardware for my other JAE .12 and asked if I could send the money for the .21 at the same time to save on having to mail more money to him. My wife is wondering where all of the stamps have been going! He told me to wait until today to send the money in but I'll wait until the missus isn't around so it'll go out Monday AM. Yeah, I'm a coward sometimes but it will be my Christmas gift to me, she's too cheap to get me anything that I really want! Wouldn't be the first time though. Remember my .45 Microburst? Yup, Merry Christmas to me. Same with that Phil Thomas Sport 40 that I got.

I see a big old thread or four coming. We got us some wicked .21 'riggers to go against here in D-2.

Here are some shots of mine, just a few small things to finish and then hit the water. Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some shots of mine, just a few small things to finish and then hit the water. Rick
Rick,Don't see any pics!!!!

Here are a few of mine,got it wet today. Strut works awesome just need to work on the right prop,overall it runs pretty well for an Aqua motor.That will change before the start of the season though.

ejasgm.jpg

2rnd0uf.jpg

2uoi052.jpg

fa6dyq.jpg

2pt82ty.jpg

Here are a few of mine,got it wet today. Strut works awesome just need to work on the right prop,overall it runs pretty well for an Aqua motor.That will change before the start of the season though.

ejasgm.jpg

2rnd0uf.jpg

2uoi052.jpg

fa6dyq.jpg

2pt82ty.jpg
Jim,nice build. Did you have any micro roostertails,or any other water trails coming off your strut? Just asking ,we really like your strut design,GREAT IDEA.

I have a couple of quick vids of jims boat. The vids are his very first and second run. Im sure the boat got even faster as he got his prop and all set up, but I will say it was a very nice ride profile and quick, if it is cool with Jim I will post up the vids.

ejasgm.jpg

2rnd0uf.jpg

2uoi052.jpg

fa6dyq.jpg

2pt82ty.jpg
Jim,nice build. Did you have any micro roostertails,or any other water trails coming off your strut? Just asking ,we really like your strut design,GREAT IDEA.
Ron, I really didn't notice anything unusual as far as water trails or micro roostertails but I was trying to get dialed in. I believe that I actually get just a bit more lift with having the flat bottom on the strut. I will do some more testing this weekend at our local fun run and pay more attention. I am also going to build more of these struts for those that have requested them,and will try some with beveled edges and radiused edges as well.

Jeremy, If you want to post them go ahead,It really wasn't going all that well I still need to get a prop that works with my set up.

Thanks,Jim

lol yea i did see that, "hey Jim watch out for that tree!!" ( like Tarzan, get it)

Fons:I used all of the hardware that Zipp kits sells, Jim Mamaril has the strut pictured above in the posts, Joe from Zipp kits will be selling these soon. Rick

Getting there..... soon. Rudder bracket will be sanded off for CMDi hardware, header needs to be cut, hardware mounted then on to building a radio tray.... might have to pick up a .21 kit to keep me busy during the winter :blink:

JAE001.jpg

JAE002.jpg

JAE003.jpg

Looking good! Now you're going to have to cut off a lot of that header and maybe a chunk off the tuned pipe to get it down to the proper length. I've found that a tubing or pipe cutter does a really nice job when having to shorten them.

Your not kidding.....MAC must make it for an airplane..... It'll get about 5" chopped off it to start with. But hey one nice thing is I'll have plenty of material for spacers :rolleyes:

There's not much info out there on these super tigre .18s so I'll have to start from scratch on pipe length, plugs, deck etc.....

A rough starting point would be 8-1/2 to 9 inches from the plug to the fat part of the pipe following the path of the exhaust. Mac does make their exhaust hardware a bit (understatement) on the long side.

One of these days I'll find a use for all of the pipe and header pieces that I've cut off over the years.

Back