JAP/JAE Riggers, post your pics!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear ya fella's it's already snowed twice here near Traverse City!! Keep the pic's comin'

joe

sneek peek of the new one im building...
Very nice! Is that a 21 or 45 boat? Looks great, I love the H-Type sponsons. Just looks cool.

Larry Jr.

the tub sides are glass balsa, sponsons are sheeted in .014 carbon laminate...really light so far, the sponsons are like on my 12 , and like RONS boat haha...

Here is my early Christmas present to myself Joe Moceri is building my new JAE Zipp Kit Notice the CF re-enforcement for the rudder mount and to jazz it up Joe cut a "Z" in it. For Zipp or Zuber! I have all of the hardware and the .12 5 port Nova Rossi engine just waiting on a prop from Mark Shouland and pipes from both Gary Preusse and Glen Quarles. PLanning to get it all together to run at our Nov 7th practice session I'll try to get some video if it all works out. Should have the boat back here next weekend. Joe did the flames too to dress it up a little. Trying to keep it as light as possible so I can beat up on David Hall and Gary Preusse. :)

Looks good Bill!

Lotza luck on that whipping on that old guy Preusse as that boat is fast! Too bad that Dumas turned him down on his Mini-Hawk, Hawk .12 or whatever he calls his rigger. They didn't think that they would sell too many kits of it, their loss.

Thanks Ron if it runs fairly good I might be able to give Gary some trouble with the .12 record. He let me drive his little .12 rigger a few years ago went over 60 mph then he is way over that now just have to wait for the GOOD water. DUMAS* was never know for making good choices.

Looks good Bill!

Lotza luck on that whipping on that old guy Preusse as that boat is fast! Too bad that Dumas turned him down on his Mini-Hawk, Hawk .12 or whatever he calls his rigger. They didn't think that they would sell too many kits of it, their loss.

Here is my early Christmas present to myself Joe Moceri is building my new JAE Zipp Kit Notice the CF re-enforcement for the rudder mount and to jazz it up Joe cut a "Z" in it. For Zipp or Zuber! I have all of the hardware and the .12 5 port Nova Rossi engine just waiting on a prop from Mark Shouland and pipes from both Gary Preusse and Glen Quarles. PLanning to get it all together to run at our Nov 7th practice session I'll try to get some video if it all works out. Should have the boat back here next weekend. Joe did the flames too to dress it up a little. Trying to keep it as light as possible so I can beat up on David Hall and Gary Preusse. :)
Looks nice man!

Bill,

Your order went out a few days ago, but if you want to run with Gary you are going to need a V-937/3

or even a reduced V-940/3. In Flint three weeks ago his 12 boat was running 76 MPH I believe.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Thanks Mark I'll get used to the boat first then maybe move up to those props for next year. Got to get it up and running first.

Bill,

Your order went out a few days ago, but if you want to run with Gary you are going to need a V-937/3

or even a reduced V-940/3. In Flint three weeks ago his 12 boat was running 76 MPH I believe.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Here are some more pictures after Joe got the hardware installed. My son is bringing it down this week so I can get it finished up on the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some more pictures after Joe got the hardware installed. My son is bringing it down this week so I can get it finished up on the weekend.
Nice little rigger Bill. Still remember when i was came to the speedtrials in 2000 seeing that tiny hawk hydro running 60+ mph, amazing.

Here a some old pictures i took back then.

gary_preusse4.jpg

gary_preusse3.jpg

Great pic! And lets not forget, that was with an .11 motor! I believe he used a side exhaust Webra? I saw this boat run many times and I couldnt help but be amazed......He is a master what he does. I wish Gary used the internet, than I could razz him about the suit. :p c

Larry Jr.

He wore the same suit at our Oct trials this year and had the same boat different engine. Cool pictures Paul. Larry if you can print them out and send them to Gary I'm sure he'd like a copy.

Great pic! And lets not forget, that was with an .11 motor! I believe he used a side exhaust Webra? I saw this boat run many times and I couldnt help but be amazed......He is a master what he does. I wish Gary used the internet, than I could razz him about the suit. :p c

Larry Jr.

He wore the same suit at our Oct trials this year and had the same boat different engine. Cool pictures Paul. Larry if you can print them out and send them to Gary I'm sure he'd like a copy.

Larry Jr.
I got a few more, from the first trial i went. These were from the one in November 2000. I'll put them in my gallery, let you know when they are there.

Larry, that's not the Webra Speed .11 in that shot but some other one that he set the record with. The Webra is sitting in my basement. It seems like Gary told me that the one in the picture was a pylon engine that he sold to someone in Japan. I missed out on that one by about a day. That little boat held the "A" hydro record for a long time and back when the size limit was .119 cu.in.

hi,im posting some pics of my unfinish jap.12 boat....too excited to wait,how dose it look,lil al.
Looking good! May want to try a different prop though :lol: Ahh, had to razz you about that! Looks great!

Ron; yeah, he was the only one who could get that Webra 11, which was amazing for what it was. Had a big leg up on the competition at the time with the displacement rules. Think he had the A Mono record for many years also.

Larry Jr.

Let's see if I can upload a shot of it. I had the engine for sale a while back but no takers. Gary put a fresh rebuild on it before he shipped it to me and it hasn't been fired up since then.

lg-72178.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back