pipes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john v

Supporting Member
whats your favorate pipe for your gas boat?, lots of choices out there. my personal favorates are the quickdraw hot pipe, they pull well through the corner and give me good top end, i also have insanes pipe as well as the zipp kit pipe.
all the pipes i run for small and big block are 7/8'', i do have some 1'' cc powermaster pipes that i havnt tried in some time

you have to be carefull with the zipp pipe, when you dunk your boat we just normally pull the plug and have the bow up and the transom down and start pulling the recoil, zipp pipes do not drain this way.
with a zipp pipe do the opposite, have the bow down and the transom up and this will get all the water out of the pipe

Quickdraw hot pipe is hard to beat. M&D pipe is also excellent. I like the Zipp pipe too but it's very sensitive to changes in length. You only need to move it 1/8" either way to make a noticeable change in tune. Find the sweet spot and they work very good on stock and full mod engines.

Tried just about every pipe one time or another. For me the best bang for your buck is the zipp pipe hands down! JMHO!

I currently have in my arsenal Zipp, QD hot pipe, cc beast, Dp slip hot pipe 7/8 and 1", MD 7/8, cc v2 1" pipe and this is what I've found...the Zipp kits pipe hands down is my best small block 25.4 mod for g1sport option...l use the 1" on most of the big blocks cc beast pipe is as the name says a beast...I currently run it on a rigger and I've realized I wasn't pushing it enough..was leaving performance on the table...the Qd hot pipes on the big blocks run like crazy...currently have one in the assault I got it up to 60 last Sunday....I'm pushing for 70 in that mono...I know I could get it with the right wheels the motor is singing fine. if you go Zipp on the small blocks and the readily available hot pipe7/8 on the big blocks u can't go wrong...mho

Back