CHARLESTON 2005 ALL TUNNEL Championship

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
topfuel443 said:
im out in the shop getting ready for Mr Talley to come back....  :ph34r:
Been busy, thats all...

:D

~James

105087[/snapback]

Yeah, let him be. He's got to build boats for me to run when I get there. :p

VansRacing said:
topfuel443 said:
Been busy, thats all...

~James

105087[/snapback]

Me and Talley spent the afternoon testing the Shaman with a stock 7.5cc.

Mike will get all there is to get out of a stock engine.

-Carl

105114[/snapback]

My dad said that he hopes that 7.5 is a little more up to date with modern technology than that 11 was.lol.

~Mitch Jr.

Last edited by a moderator:
jaxracer said:
VansRacing said:
topfuel443 said:
Been busy, thats all...

~James

105087[/snapback]

Me and Talley spent the afternoon testing the Shaman with a stock 7.5cc.

Mike will get all there is to get out of a stock engine.

-Carl

105114[/snapback]

My dad said that he hopes that 7.5 is a little more up to date with modern technology than that 11 was.lol.

105354[/snapback]

Oh boy, a new salvo across the bow has just been fired. It has be rather quiet down south the past few days. Heating up again.

Carl,

I hope you are paying close attention. This is as close to a tunnel nationals that you will get without calling it just that.

John

the older the better !!!! that old stuff just keeps coming back with a can of whip a$$ attached!!!!!! learn that from an old friend if you payed attention at the last race.

allen

p.s. the boats that i am talking about are a 10- 15 years old they were in the mono classes can you guess which one's they were??????? :D :D

aamick1971 said:
the older the better !!!! that old stuff just keeps coming back with a can of whip a$$ attached!!!!!! learn that from an old friend if you payed attention at the last race.  allen

p.s. the boats that i am talking about are a 10- 15 years old they were in the mono classes  can you guess which one's they were??????? :D   :D

105515[/snapback]

My first vote is for Scooter.

John Knight said:
aamick1971 said:
the older the better !!!! that old stuff just keeps coming back with a can of whip a$$ attached!!!!!! learn that from an old friend if you payed attention at the last race.  allen

p.s. the boats that i am talking about are a 10- 15 years old they were in the mono classes  can you guess which one's they were??????? :D   :D

105515[/snapback]

105556[/snapback]

John I think he's talking about the boat hulls being old, not the driver. Although it was hard to tell how old my Seaducers were, laying out there upside down, nose stuck in the mud with its hiney sticking up out of the water, and even right side up full of water( I even filled the open strut hole with Plumbers Putty and they still fill up with water)

However I do have, and am in the process of rigging, a Vintage 44" Sightler, such as the Halliday's are so successful at keeping up front and finishing virtually every heat they enter, are running. A Classic, Stable, Fast and STILL hard to beat Design!

:rolleyes:

Scott

AKA: Scooter

Scooter12195 said:
John Knight said:
aamick1971 said:

105515[/snapback]

105556[/snapback]

John I think he's talking about the boat hulls being old, not the driver. Although it was hard to tell how old my Seaducers were, laying out there upside down, nose stuck in the mud with its hiney sticking up out of the water, and even right side up full of water( I even filled the open strut hole with Plumbers Putty and they still fill up with water)

However I do have, and am in the process of rigging, a Vintage 44" Sightler, such as the Halliday's are so successful at keeping up front and finishing virtually every heat they enter, are running. A Classic, Stable, Fast and STILL hard to beat Design!

:rolleyes:

Scott

AKA: Scooter

105557[/snapback]

PS: Just to verify, in case Jerry reads this, It wasn't the Boats fault! It had something to do with the Driver having the nervous jitters and failing to release his death grip on the trigger at the appropriate time.

I'm getting more relaxed now though and trying to breathe and blink from time to time during a heat.

I do however swear that Bouy #6 jumped out in front of my boat and grabbed my rudder. It's my lie and I can tell it the way I want to!

:lol:

Scott

Scooter,

I stuck that 60 boat in the mud up at the Columbus Day Regatta a few years back... I was running down the front straight when the boat just dissappeared... 1 second, 2 seconds, 3 seconds, 4 seconds, ugh, Im getting nervous now, 5 seconds... Splash!!! Up she came from the depths w/ nasty pond slime mud on the first 6 inches or so of the nose... No damage done, but man was that a bad feeling.

If you guys keep putting together NOS Sightlers I am going to have to put my old Youngblood back together again. We can have a "vintage" race...

Later,

Lamar

you guys got it!! the sightler boats are still hard to beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!even if they are old!!!!! i have my self an old mausmotorsports mono (.21) that i hope will do good as soon as i get bugs worked out of it.

allen

Parts of this race sounds like fun, I'm not sure about the demo part but go for it. We had some very successful O.B. only tunnel races back in the 80's until we got to many complaints from the all class racers. Looking at the Roostertail these days though there are hundreds of all class races to pick from So I think it would be great to get an all tunnel series going again. GOOD LUCK!!

tommy,

are you the same Tommy Lee that holds the tunnel hull, over all speed record?(65.789 b tunnel).

allen

Allen, the one and only....

Thanks Tommy, we have decided to nix the demo race in the bud. all other classes will be run.

~James

topfuel443 said:
Thanks Tommy, we have decided to nix the demo race in the bud. all other classes will be run.

~James

105593[/snapback]

Dang, I was going to ask Allen if I could borrow his spare Tunnel to run in the Demo Derby. :( ;)

Scott

From What Bobby had told me the last tunnel running race was canceled too much risk of an uncontrolled boat we have enough of that already.

How are you doing Tommy missed you at our May race and the April Records Trials. We're going to be running this Sunday morning July 3rd getting ready for the Internats if you can make it up David Hall and Mark & Doc will be here.

Bill Zuber

topfuel443 said:

~James

105593[/snapback]

Yes it is true that we have decided to cancel the demo/last boat running derby. It is for several reasons and after consultation with some of our national repesentatives. We know some will be disappointed but we firmly believe it is in our best interests. However, we will be replacing it with the fastest lap competition for the B, D and E/F classes. It will be held after normal racing concludes on Saturday afternoon. It will be open to anyone that wants to beat the clock. Awards for the fastest boats will be provided. The enduro will still be held.

The revised race flyer will be published in a few days as changes had to be made on several items. It will be posted on IW under a new thread so noted and also posted to the IMPBA District 13 website as well. We have not set a limit but if the response is overwhelming (we hope it is) it will be set at 150 boats.

Both Gabe (James) Clegg and Don Gilbert from the CMB club will have the flyers and sponsorship forms with them at the internats next month. Sign up then and get your frequencies reserved for the race. Remember, this is the closest thing to a OB Tunnel Nationals that we have at the moment.

darnit,

i going to put back together my old topspeed tunnel for that race!

Allen-Yes I am the one that holds the record-(I here there are some people getting close). Actually the number is 64 and change. I wanted it to be 65 but the wind was blowing. The boat would go 67 downwind but I could not make the return run at full throttle. Has someone thought about videotaping this Tunnel race, I would buy a copy. Just a thought.

Tommy, I plan to be there with vidcam on hand. Hope to get as much action as I can..

Tommy Lee said:
Allen-Yes I am the one that holds the record-(I here there are some people getting close). Actually the number is 64 and change. I wanted it to be 65 but the wind was blowing. The boat would go 67 downwind but I could not make the return run at full throttle.  Has someone thought about videotaping this Tunnel race, I would buy a copy. Just a thought.
105626[/snapback]

Hey Mr. Lee, you realize that if you were to come to this race you wouldn't need to buy a copy. Some of the biggest names in the tunnel industry are going to be at this race and I don't see how we could justify this race as being complete without your presence there. After all aren't you the man that pioneered the way tunnels run today. I'm sure you probably have a busy schedule but if at all possible it would be a pleasure to have you at this race. I know there's plenty of people there who could learn a thing or two from you. Who agrees with me?

~Mitch Jr.

Back