CHARLESTON 2005 ALL TUNNEL Championship

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, Send me the boats and gear. Get a cheap flight into Charleston, I will pick you up from the airport and take you to the pond no problem, I have an extra vehicle as well for you to drive if you want, also no problem. You CANT miss this race... :D

Completely serious about the offers, that goes for anyone else too....

~James

Grimracer said:
OK.. this is ugly.. im not sure i can make it but maybe.
I have on my calender..

Minnesota 1/8 scale buggy points race. (weekend event)

CWMBC Pizza Party and race (our boat  club)

And a buggy race in Thorp WI

Now to the calendar a boat race (not just any boat race but a tunnel boat race) in a far away land...

Im going to blow off the thorp race if i go to the MIN points race.. Im going to race the CWMBC race if i make the thorp race.. If i do the min points race i will be blowing off all others that weekend and vis-a-versa for the Tunnel race..

Hummm...

The tunnel race would take me a full day to (and another back) drive to or so..  the MN points race about 3 hours one way.. the Thorp race 45 mins and the CWMBC race about 15 minuets.

Hummm....

If i can make it to the Tunnel race i will see you there.. any other hearty buds of mine want to take a trip?

As OBD for the IMPBA i just might feel like i need to be at the Tunnel race...Becieds how much could it cost to ship a boat to James and fly out for the race... aha.. i could ship and fly.. the trip MIGHT be shorter but not sure... waiting for planes and the like is never quick.

Will i be broke from this summers racing.. yea that is always the case.. so that should have little to do with this race..

Grim

104251[/snapback]

Grim,

This is the never ending challenge for us. Long distance races will always be a logistic nightmare. I cannot speak for James (Gabe) but I can assure you and anyone else that if you want to ship your stuff to us we will take great care of it and get it on site. We also have some spare pit equipment that we can loan for use. Since I run only riggers I will not be running in the race. So some extra equip will be available. Tables, canopy, trailer to store them, starters, batteries, etc. I will be the CD so Gabe and Don can concentrate on racing. Their time to shine I hope.

There are 3 major airport options available. Charleston, Columbia, SC and Savannah, GA. Savannah is 45 minutes to the south directly off I-95 and the lake is located directly on I-95 at SC exit 62. Believe you will find that Savannah is not only closer but also the cheapest to fly into. Gabe and Don stayed at a good motel in Walterboro (9 miles south) last weekend for $37.00 a night.

We are southern hospitable people and will take care of all of you the best we can. We will try to do everything we can to support you and others that choose to come. I believe the comments from our past 2 races will bear that out. I hope you come but if not we understand why.

John

Grimracer said:
OK.. this is ugly.. im not sure i can make it but maybe.
I have on my calender..

Minnesota 1/8 scale buggy points race. (weekend event)

CWMBC Pizza Party and race (our boat  club)

And a buggy race in Thorp WI

Now to the calendar a boat race (not just any boat race but a tunnel boat race) in a far away land...

Im going to blow off the thorp race if i go to the MIN points race.. Im going to race the CWMBC race if i make the thorp race.. If i do the min points race i will be blowing off all others that weekend and vis-a-versa for the Tunnel race..

Hummm...

The tunnel race would take me a full day to (and another back) drive to or so..  the MN points race about 3 hours one way.. the Thorp race 45 mins and the CWMBC race about 15 minuets.

Hummm....

If i can make it to the Tunnel race i will see you there.. any other hearty buds of mine want to take a trip?

As OBD for the IMPBA i just might feel like i need to be at the Tunnel race...Becieds how much could it cost to ship a boat to James and fly out for the race... aha.. i could ship and fly.. the trip MIGHT be shorter but not sure... waiting for planes and the like is never quick.

Will i be broke from this summers racing.. yea that is always the case.. so that should have little to do with this race..

Grim

104251[/snapback]

:) Come on Grim... You and a couple of your best drivers need to pack it up and get in the mix. It will be fun.

-Carl

Come on Mikey..... get a couple guys to come down with you, split a room & save some dough. We have whatever you need down here.

~James

Hehehe. Seriously, I would love the chance to race against the Grimracer twice in one year. Still hot here in September so bring your shades, shorts and a big straw hat. You will fit right in!

James, John

Sorry could not make it but. I would say the one thing that will help will be Space.

" The course." Should you get that. You will have a PREMIER SITE and water

that would make a tunnel owner DROOOOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not mention the rest of US. This is FAST WATER!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

SCARY FAST WATER!!! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Well, I just may have to come down for this one! And here I just recently got rid of all my "older" boats, no demo race for me :eek: sounds like fun though!

Grimracer said:
1,128 miles.. aprox 18 hours..(ONE WAY). hummm. Still thinking..
grim

104651[/snapback]

you could fly in ALOT cheaper dude....

~James

topfuel443 said:
Grimracer said:
1,128 miles.. aprox 18 hours..(ONE WAY). hummm. Still thinking..
grim

104651[/snapback]

you could fly in ALOT cheaper dude....

~James

104658[/snapback]

Grim,

And we can take care of you like we said we would. Ship the stuff earlier and we will have everything ready. We can even test run your boats for you (hehe).

Lead the pack dude!

John

Don

I have a spare Tunnel !!!! :eek: With a Mac... :eek: Come on down !!!! My Lynx's will be here by then.....

Butch

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2 B Sport hulls w/ engines and a Mac/ Purple Magnum B Mod.... I have two Lynx's coming and am thinking of getting a new Mac OB for one of them, so if they get here in time ...sure !!

I have two spare Sport engines new also for the Lynx {OvalExpressEngines} Rod G. SX soon.....

Kevin bilt' Mac FAST !!! I hope he never stops building my Mac OB's.....

Butch

Thats no lie .... They have a 20' trailer full !!!!! :( Them's my buddies !!? :lol: :lol:

Butch

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back