Zigzag2 hop ups??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keebibear

Ok guys I know Im gonna catch some flack for this but I got a couple of these things for dirt cheap and they are a blast on the lake.Anyway has anyone hopped one up and if so what have they done?Im more interested in useability not top speed.We have one the radio sucks and you need to hold the throttle back to make the motor stop.So I thought Ide start with it.Can I run a micro servo for the steering?And maybe a ESC for the throttle?Any waterproof?Cheapness counts also.Any ideas would be great,Thanks

The easiest hopup is to replace the factory battery with a 7-cell pack having a higher capacity. This increases both speed and runtime. Put paper towels or a sponge in the hull to sop up water, and you can use tape on the hatch to help reduce water intake.

Maintenance can result in better performance too....

* Remove the shaft periodically to dry and re-oil.

* Oil the motor bushings before each day of running.

* Always dry the model off inside and out after each day of running.

* Always store the model with the hatch off to allow any moisture to dry.

* Do not run the pack until it stops.

* Store the pack with a partial charge, never fully discharged.

What Jay said.

Go over to the www.offshoreelectrics.com site, Steve has a video of one upgraded just with only a bigger battery pack. That baby scoots!

I've heard of people really going to town on that boat with a BL motor and it was too much for it.

Latest posts

Back