• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD - Smokin' Joe's Avenger twin FE cat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
I have decided to sell my basically like new Aeromarine Avenger twin cat done in the Smokin' Joe's theme. I built this boat late last summer to run in the FE/Nitro Catamaran class we had been running in our district. When I started in this hobby way back when my first boat was a 41" Aeromarine Sprintcat with a CMB 90 nitro power, I've always had a soft spot for the cats and decided to return to my roots. Once built up the boat had 2 test sessions and then I ran it in the last district race of the season winning every heat I ran it in. Well for this season the FE/Nitro cat class was eliminated and I was basically told I can run it in the Open Cat class with the gas cats. Sorry but there is no nice way to say it, that is the demolition derby. So rather than see it get trashed I'm selling it. When I started this I contacted Troy at Aeromarine directly and discussed the lay up in detail. I wanted the hull to be super strong but not heavy so I had him lay it up with full carbon fiber reinforcements of the bottom and top deckings. I asked him to wait to lay up the hull until a Friday so it could cure in the mold over a weekend. He went one better and laid it up the Friday before Aeromarine closed for a week vacation, this hull cured in the mold for almost 10 days so it is rock solid and straight. The power is provided by two TPP #4070 1090kv motors running on 9S. The ESCs are Castle 200HVs with the Brian Buuas designed cooling conversion (done for me by Mike Luszcz) that greatly reduces physical size while vastly improving cooling (all my Castles are now this way thanks to Mike). Both are also fitted with extra cap banks as well as Castle Link data logging. Giant Power 65C 6000mah packs provided the juice and 2 warm up laps, 6 race laps and a cool down lap still showed over 40% left. The steering servo is Futaba 9152 digital high torque and RX is the Futaba 604FS. The hardware is Speedmaster except for the rudder which is from Andy Brown when he was making the CNC hardware. Props are stainless Prather's done for me by Chris "dasboata" Hoffman. The paint is PPG Concept for the yellow and House of Kolors for the purple pearl, correct Smokin' Joe's colors. Graphics came from Mike McKnight except for the checker "scarfs" running down the decking, I had those done locally. All sealed with PPG 2021 clear. This boat is wicked fast and a blast to drive but as previously mentioned I will not run it with the gas boats. There is well over $3400 invested without any labor, I'm going to sell it turn key ready to run minus TX and RX and can supply buyer with radio trim settings to program to a Futaba radio. $1800 with lipos $1600 without lipos plus whatever plus actual packaging and shipping costs are. Bank check or money order preferred.

SOLD!

camelcatA.jpg

camelcatB.jpg

camelcatC.jpg

camelcatD.jpg

camelcatE.jpg

camelcatF.jpg

camelcatG.jpg

camelcatH.jpg

camelcatJ.jpg

camelcatK.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: