RC Recovery Boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomGracey

After having to wait for the wind or a tennis ball cast with a fishing pole ( 30-40 try's) to snag the dead boat to get it back to the beach. Decided it was time to come up with a different method. Found a design on U-Tube I liked. So I plagiarized it:p

Motor is a AIR 50558 RC Drone motor , ESC is a Sea-King 180 Amp, servo Savox SG 0230 sg waterproof, Futaba T4GRS TX and a R304 SB RX using a Turnigy Heavy duty 3s 4000 Mah Lipo as power.

There are lots of cool designs out there Single motor Puller, multiple motors varying the motor speed's to handle the steering ( way to complicated ) and a pusher using the KISS principal is what I opted for, so I hopefully will not have issues with the electronics being sprayed with H2O like plagued the puller style boats

About 3 hrs in the machine shop to make the motor pivot adapter and mounting plate.

Ran it on the test bench for 20 min. at full throttle with no signs of the Esc getting overly warm but if needed I will add a cooling water pump after doing some work pushing a hull around.

Out to the pond in the AM for some serious tsting

IMG_2265.JPGIMG_2266.JPGIMG_2270.JPG

Last edited:
Really cool; Interesting design with a pivoting motor rather than a Vane for steering, or a water rudder. I may steal your ideas!

We used an electric boat for this on a 40 acre lake, worked like a champ. About half of our members had a variation of these.
Boat Retrieval Stl Thunderboaters Style

If you type the above text in youtube the video will come up. I dont know
Boat Retrieval Stl Thunderboaters Style

how to post a link on here.

Back