your favorite table top saw ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob miller

my delta super 10 table saw stopped working , I don't know how to repair it , some parts are no longer available ,and working deltas are not worth much , so I'm going to use the super 10 as a work bench and buy a work bench table saw , I don't need a heavy duty type , just something for smalle jobs around the house and making boat stands ....looking forward to your suggestions......bob

I've got the DeWalt 10" table top saw, works great, easy to haul for outside work. Stay away from Harbor Freight, junk. OMHO
default_cool.png

I bought a Bosch 4100 worksite saw with the folding bosch stand several years ago and really like the features, accuracy etc and the fact that it doesnt take up much space in the garage when not in use.

BOB-410009_MED.jpg

I have a Craftsman 12" that I've put on a non-folding stand and a Micromark 3.25" hobby sized bench top saw for small and thin parts. The problem with the big saw is if you want to make small stick stock, you're throwing away as much material as you are able to use later. The Micromark has blades down to .020 thick, which is what I have on mine. It will allow me to make more sticks out of less material than my 12" table saw or 14" band saw
80463_R-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Craftsman 12" that I've put on a non-folding stand and a Micromark 3.25" hobby sized bench top saw for small and thin parts. The problem with the big saw is if you want to make small stick stock, you're throwing away as much material as you are able to use later. The Micromark has blades down to .020 thick, which is what I have on mine. It will allow me to make more sticks out of less material than my 12" table saw or 14" band saw
80463_R-1.jpg
Where can one get the Micromark table saw ?

Gilbert, if you want one, order the "Super Value Package". It's $50 more($390 instead of $340) but it adds roughly $150 worth of accessories to your purchase. Everything shown in the picture below is included. Otherwise, you get just the saw as shown in the post above. I added a bit more to my order, the .020 blade and adapter ran an additional $32

Gilbert, if you want one, order the "Super Value Package". It's $50 more($390 instead of $340) but it adds roughly $150 worth of accessories to your purchase. Everything shown in the picture below is included. Otherwise, you get just the saw as shown in the post above. I added a bit more to my order, the .020 blade and adapter ran an additional $32

Great info, Mark, thank you. I hope they have 220v version.

Yes, something that can cut thin Carbon fibre sheet in straight lines without cutting away too much parts would be great!

A powerful small saw table

tablesaw-1.png

I am thinking of getting one more of Byrnes Table Saw or a Micromark table saw, so that I don't have to change saw plate when cutting different size of materials.

I love my Dremel Table saw. I have a few of them and they can be hard to find but worth the hunt.

Mine is 30 years old and still uses the same belt. The blade id 4" dia and its easy to find carbide for it.

Cannot live without it!

Grim

David, is that basically band saw with table saw like attachments? Something that can be used both with the guides and fence for ripping and for free cutting?

If you need to cut thin carbon sheets, this is the one time I will recommend a Harbor Freight tool. The little Mighty-Mite table saw that comes with a diamond 4" blade is satisfactory for cutting thin carbon sheets. https://www.harborfreight.com/4-in-mighty-mite-table-saw-with-blade-61608.html

At $35 its sacrificial, but it makes decent cuts if you are patient. It's also good for composite boom tubes. Needless to say where a mask and eye protection and preferably have a vacuum sucking up the dust.

-Tyler

If you need to cut thin carbon sheets, this is the one time I will recommend a Harbor Freight tool. The little Mighty-Mite table saw that comes with a diamond 4" blade is satisfactory for cutting thin carbon sheets. https://www.harborfreight.com/4-in-mighty-mite-table-saw-with-blade-61608.html

At $35 its sacrificial, but it makes decent cuts if you are patient. It's also good for composite boom tubes. Needless to say where a mask and eye protection and preferably have a vacuum sucking up the dust.

-Tyler
interesting, thanks for posting Tyler

David, is that basically band saw with table saw like attachments? Something that can be used both with the guides and fence for ripping and for free cutting?
yes, for the most part. It's moreso like a Sabre Saw (or Jig Saw), but more rugged. Can use quite a range of blades, for all types of materials and jobs. They claim it easily cut 2 X 4's . I will let you know once I get a chance to test it

yes, for the most part. It's moreso like a Sabre Saw (or Jig Saw), but more rugged. Can use quite a range of blades, for all types of materials and jobs. They claim it easily cut 2 X 4's . I will let you know once I get a chance to test it
Awesome, thanks man! Sounds like a good solution, and it looks nice and compact too.

Back