• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Selling the remaining Flexshaft materials I have left

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toyotatruckin

Well Im no longer going to be making flexshafts bushings etc so will be selling what I have left

Not going to split the add up and its best for someone with a lathe and soldering skills

Cable is all Octura

1- new roll of 3/16 (20 ft)

2- 24" pieces of 3/16

1- 23" piece of 3/16

and a couple short scraps of 3/16

1- 65" of .125

1- new roll .150 (20 ft)

1 piece 52" long

4- misc rtr stock shafts

6- 3/16 ID -5/16 OD octura drive dogs (these are the small diameter dogs)

7- 1/8 brass drive dogs (zippkits) these and they are just as good as the octuras

12- SS 4-40 lock-nuts

14- zuber style jet nuts 10-32 for 3/16

approx 178 3/16 10-32 moly coated jet nuts (same as the zuber style jet nets but different material and coating)

a lot of 1/8 4-40 set screws (sorry not counting these little suckers) and a few correct size allan wrenches

7- 3/16 brass bushings ready to use

1- custom solder stand (I made and used this to hold and solder shafts before checking them in the lathe to run true) has 7 different threaded holes and 7 shaft holes in the upper plate to cover different shaft/stub combos--this is the only one of its kind

27- 3/16 304 SS stub blanks (need turned threaded drilled etc these are just blanks cut and faced to length)

7- 3/16 SS stub blanks for drop stubs (they are longer than above)

1- finished stub fits an aquacraft motley crew (or long 3/16)

also will come with hand drawn plans for 4 different stubs

I will be listing my custom bushing cutting set-up and drilling blocks most likely on jims unless someone is serious and wants it here (its not all rounded up and no price figured yet)

for this lot Im asking 110$ plus shipping to the USA only paypal preferred

the saw is a mini chop saw from harbor freight with extra blades (one used one new and one in the machine)
has an aluminum slide and pin set-up and marked for stop collars, 1/4 and 3/16 and 3/16 long bushings ( could be drilled or just dont use the pin and adjust it where ya want for custom lengths) the safety has been removed from the saw- this set-up is ugly but works very well and is already set-up for the correct lengths

the 4 machined aluminum blocks are for drilling your holes in the correct pattern so you get the same pattern every time
4# 26 bits used
and several 3/16 stop collars already cut

you still need a drill press and a de burr wheel for your bench grinder (the one I have is worn out If a guy wanted it I guess I could toss it in it may dress out ok for a few more runs) you also need to be able to solder Nothing a guy cant learn though

Im not responsible if you cut your finger off not paying attention and it is something youll have to learn to use its work--trust me, but you can make your money back if you want if I remember correctly there is about 45 cents give/take in material to make a 1/4 stop collar bushing the rest is up to you and what you think your labor is worth, figure the going rate and dont under cut the other guy to bad and cut the dealers a break youll seriously get 100% sick of making bushings lol

50$ WITH THE ABOVE SHAFT STUFF

Last edited by a moderator:
Im adding the bushing tools above to--I had it on jims separate but figure i would offer it to who ever wants the shaft stuff a little cheaper --if you buy the shaft stuff the bushing stuff will add 50$ to the total (plus shipping will be more)

adding a bit of info---The 1/8 drop stubs are the hardest stub to make out of all of them and they arnt hard just can be a pain due to the deflection at the end and ill give ya that all right here

mark your blank for correct length to turn off(I use bluing and scribe the mark) chuck it up-- turn that section to .125 (the end deflection depending on how you cut will be fatter than 125--dont worry about it as long as its no less than 125 at the prop shoulder)---next is to turn 1 more drop for the threaded area---(same deal mark with bluing and scribe) for a 440 thread on 304 SS Ive found .104-.105 gives you good thread and dont kill your dies as fast BEFORE THREADING take your drive dog and fit it to the stub--youll need to turn a thousand or two off so--NOW thread the end--I use cutting fluid and do this part by hand (part still in the lathe head in neutral) you can feel what the die is doing--trust me it will piss you off if you snap the end off the stub you just turned from a dull die etc--once its threaded you may or may not have a little burr at the end of the thread--check if you do file it off-- with a file make a flat spot about 1/16-1/18 off the prop shoulder fro your dog's set screw--last part is take a center drill make your pilot and drill with a #24 bit 1/2 inch deep for your flex to go in----

See fairly simple---you could also buy a stub from octura but that will set you back 5-6$ and they are not the same stub as these

maybe that will answer a question or two someone may have had---

well filled an order for 4 shafts this weekend so subtract 4 1/8 drive dogs 4 vegas stub blanks 4 bushings and the short section of .150 and 1 shafts worth off the 20 ft roll of .150

Parting out this add will make differnt add to make things simple to follow---

Had it marked at 110 plus shipping on the shaft supplies I think Ive written a novel answering PM's and emails but no sale yet

Ill drop it to 95$ shipped for all the shaft stuff I have left (its listed whats here and not)

I will drop the bushing stuff from 50 to 40$ but gotta help out a bit with the shipping if its added

Back