• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Equi Outboard Pipes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sold a pair of brand new big belly pipes a couple years ago maybe to Paul Viesman

I had an Equi "hammered" pipe and it truly looked hammered out. Are you sure that pipe is hammered??
The pipe Gabe has is the one John Equi made for the 40 tunnel that has the Irwin center section welded to the Equi ends. It's one of my favorite 40 pipes. Thanks again Gage. I look forward to getting it.

Yours Mark is the original 40 pipe that was patterned after the 20 pipe that it followed. Later on, John found that the larger volume Irwin center section worked better. I would like to have your pipe as well since it was the one of the earlier 40 pipes that looks just like my 20 pipe, but I guess your "pipe wars" bidding will determine the price....... ;)
Is not the pipe bidding wars not fun. I have been watching to much Barret Jackson on tv. This pipe is a 40 hammered pipe. I have shown it to John and he does not remember anymore. You have to remember that we both have been sniffing nitro for many years. Forgot I had until this post came up. And to sell it would be hard to do because it is part of my colection of old motors and parts. But I think that I may do something special for John by giving it back to him. But it would be fun to see how high the bid got.
Mark,

I think offering it to John Equi would be classic. He has done so much for our hobby. I am getting the pipe that Gabe has from him, but if you decide to sell this old pipe and not give it away, I will give you $75 and pay shipping as I wouldnt run the pipe but would put it on the shelf just like you as a keepsake..... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an Equi "hammered" pipe and it truly looked hammered out. Are you sure that pipe is hammered??
The pipe Gabe has is the one John Equi made for the 40 tunnel that has the Irwin center section welded to the Equi ends. It's one of my favorite 40 pipes. Thanks again Gage. I look forward to getting it.

Yours Mark is the original 40 pipe that was patterned after the 20 pipe that it followed. Later on, John found that the larger volume Irwin center section worked better. I would like to have your pipe as well since it was the one of the earlier 40 pipes that looks just like my 20 pipe, but I guess your "pipe wars" bidding will determine the price....... ;)
Is not the pipe bidding wars not fun. I have been watching to much Barret Jackson on tv. This pipe is a 40 hammered pipe. I have shown it to John and he does not remember anymore. You have to remember that we both have been sniffing nitro for many years. Forgot I had until this post came up. And to sell it would be hard to do because it is part of my colection of old motors and parts. But I think that I may do something special for John by giving it back to him. But it would be fun to see how high the bid got.
Mark,

I think offering it to John Equi would be classic. He he done so much for our hobby. I am getting the pipe that Gabe has from him, but if you decide to sell this old pipe and not give it away, I will give you $75 and pay shipping as I wouldnt run the pipe but would put it on the shelf just like you as a keepsake..... ;)
Thanks I will keep that in mind.

get me the dies and I'll make them by the 100's
Mike

Where do you live? There is more to making the pipes than just stamping

Ron

I shipped your parts out today, you should get them Friday or Saturday. Call me if you need directions to put it together
Bob, I'm in the Greensboro NC area. I have an auto shop and a pretty complete group of machining and metal fab equipment. I'd be glad to look at the dies if you would want to send them to me.

mb

get me the dies and I'll make them by the 100's
Mike

Where do you live? There is more to making the pipes than just stamping

Ron

I shipped your parts out today, you should get them Friday or Saturday. Call me if you need directions to put it together
Bob, I'm in the Greensboro NC area. I have an auto shop and a pretty complete group of machining and metal fab equipment. I'd be glad to look at the dies if you would want to send them to me.

mb
Mike,

That would be awesome if you and Bob could work something out.

In the meantime, is there any other Equi outboard pipes out there for sale????????? I am still looking for 20 and 60/80 sized pipes and another 40 for a spare. Thanks.

Guys not to change subject but saw DNE Research tunnel. Is there any of these hulls out there and maybe forsale. Thanks Dave in CT.

Dave,

The DNE Research Tunnel was an XT460 Tunnel hull painted yellow and sponsored by DNE Research, John Equi's company that manufactured the Equi pipes. I only saw one hull and that was in the early 90's. Getting your hands on that boat would be a miracle at best, unless John has it in his basement..... ;)

Ron in the modelers mag. theres a whole row of them. They look cool with the open cockpit. My aerotech is close but would be nice to get the real leecraft. Dave

There is a picture on Gene Taylor holding DNE tunnel at one of the first Evansville races in the IMPBA rule book under Hall Of Fame members. I think he won the race that weekend.

Mark Bullard, I had no idea that you were a closet Tunnel-Head! My respect for you has doubled my man!! Post some pictures of your old tunnels for us, and tell us some secrets. I guess this means I will grow up and will run twins when I get old. lol. James Beasley

I have this boat!

Dave,

The DNE Research Tunnel was an XT460 Tunnel hull painted yellow and sponsored by DNE Research, John Equi's company that manufactured the Equi pipes. I only saw one hull and that was in the early 90's. Getting your hands on that boat would be a miracle at best, unless John has it in his basement..... ;)

Mark Bullard, I had no idea that you were a closet Tunnel-Head! My respect for you has doubled my man!! Post some pictures of your old tunnels for us, and tell us some secrets. I guess this means I will grow up and will run twins when I get old. lol. James Beasley
That is to funny. Doc and I both ran tunnels. Doc was running boats before me and had bought every tunnel boat that could be bought. He gave the whole pile to Tommy Lee and he built his first production tunnel. He then started running Leecraft tunnels. I bought my first one from a hobby shop in Cullman, Tommy lived in that area. I later met Tommy for the first time at my first race in Memphis (1981 I think) and he call for me that weekend. I finished about seventh place out of about 35 tunnels. We have been friends ever since.

If you go to the Huntsville's club website you will find some old pictures I had posted that go back many years and you will find many old faces.

Bob,

Maybe you can post pictures. I will try to dig through what I have to see if I can find one of the DNE Research tunnel. BTW, thanks again for getting me the pieces for the 101 pipe. How much do I owe you????

You mean this boat?(the yellow one)View attachment 36135
Bob,

Here is the picture I took of the DNE Research LeeCraft 460 Tunnel at the 1989 Greenville, SC Race. It was owned by Charles Perkins. I just noticed this one is #9 and yours is #10. How many of these team boats were there?........

Last edited by a moderator:
Back