• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Equi Outboard Pipes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this very rare Equi pipe. Its is one of the pipes that the first dies were made from. It is a hammer out pipe and John made many of these as he was working out the details. I got this pipe from the person that was helping John with the dies and having them welding together. He was a old boat racer that pasted away a few years back. The Huntsville club had about thirty members and they all ran outboards with John's Pipe. Of course he had everyone that ran outboards running his pipes that was in the southeast back then and the rest is history. If I remember, Pete the racer that I got this pipe from said that this was the number two pipe that John every made. It was sort of payment for helping with the welding. I had two of these pipes and other one of them was a little later version of this pipe that I welded together myself and made a little change in stinger size after I started running it. The motor I had was a repaired motor by K&B that had broke on it's first crankup. I ran the motor for a few years but then started running more rigger hydro's. Let my good friend Bob Londress used the motor and him and John set up the yellow DNE Leecraft tunnel boat. John went thru that motor and said that it was the best K&B motor that he had ever seen. Don't know were the motor is now and not worried about it.

So now anyone want to bid on this pipe?

" And the first bid is?"

View attachment 36039 View attachment 36040

View attachment 36041
Ill take it Mark. Hows $55. Thanks so much.
I have had that pipe 30 years. Don't think that I could sell it for $55. This may be fun.

Anyone got a better offer?

Ron, I have one I dont want (.45 size). I will get with you at the WTC to see if its something you can use. Then we can discuss $. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron, I have one I dont want (.45 size). I will get with you at the WTC to see if its something you can use. Then we can discuss $. :D
Sounds great Gabe. I will definitely take it from you. We will work out a fair price. Thank you.

I think Bullard wants a bidding war. I'm not interested in that. Culhane, its all yours.... ;)

Second thought.................I think I will play with Mike a little since I am getting Gabe's............

Here is a pic of what I got, I assume its what you're looking for? No extra charge for the dirt/scratches. (no dents though)

IMG_20120407_211419.jpg

Here is a pic of what I got, I assume its what you're looking for? No extra charge for the dirt/scratches. (no dents though)

IMG_20120407_211419.jpg
Thats it Gabe. I may want you to mail it to me. PM me what you want and we will work something out. Thank you.

BTW, thats a great job on your Q FE radio box. It looks very tidy. You running two 5000 5S packs?

I had an Equi "hammered" pipe and it truly looked hammered out. Are you sure that pipe is hammered??
The pipe Gabe has is the one John Equi made for the 40 tunnel that has the Irwin center section welded to the Equi ends. It's one of my favorite 40 pipes. Thanks again Gage. I look forward to getting it.

Yours Mark is the original 40 pipe that was patterned after the 20 pipe that it followed. Later on, John found that the larger volume Irwin center section worked better. I would like to have your pipe as well since it was the one of the earlier 40 pipes that looks just like my 20 pipe, but I guess your "pipe wars" bidding will determine the price....... ;)

I have this very rare Equi pipe. Its is one of the pipes that the first dies were made from. It is a hammer out pipe and John made many of these as he was working out the details. I got this pipe from the person that was helping John with the dies and having them welding together. He was a old boat racer that pasted away a few years back. The Huntsville club had about thirty members and they all ran outboards with John's Pipe. Of course he had everyone that ran outboards running his pipes that was in the southeast back then and the rest is history. If I remember, Pete the racer that I got this pipe from said that this was the number two pipe that John every made. It was sort of payment for helping with the welding. I had two of these pipes and other one of them was a little later version of this pipe that I welded together myself and made a little change in stinger size after I started running it. The motor I had was a repaired motor by K&B that had broke on it's first crankup. I ran the motor for a few years but then started running more rigger hydro's. Let my good friend Bob Londress used the motor and him and John set up the yellow DNE Leecraft tunnel boat. John went thru that motor and said that it was the best K&B motor that he had ever seen. Don't know were the motor is now and not worried about it.

So now anyone want to bid on this pipe?

" And the first bid is?"

View attachment 36039 View attachment 36040

View attachment 36041
You know, I raced against that DNE Research tunnel many times years ago. I think when I saw it Charles Hawkins, ( I think thats right), was driving it........

I had an Equi "hammered" pipe and it truly looked hammered out. Are you sure that pipe is hammered??
The pipe Gabe has is the one John Equi made for the 40 tunnel that has the Irwin center section welded to the Equi ends. It's one of my favorite 40 pipes. Thanks again Gage. I look forward to getting it.

Yours Mark is the original 40 pipe that was patterned after the 20 pipe that it followed. Later on, John found that the larger volume Irwin center section worked better. I would like to have your pipe as well since it was the one of the earlier 40 pipes that looks just like my 20 pipe, but I guess your "pipe wars" bidding will determine the price....... ;)
Is not the pipe bidding wars not fun. I have been watching to much Barret Jackson on tv. This pipe is a 40 hammered pipe. I have shown it to John and he does not remember anymore. You have to remember that we both have been sniffing nitro for many years. Forgot I had until this post came up. And to sell it would be hard to do because it is part of my colection of old motors and parts. But I think that I may do something special for John by giving it back to him. But it would be fun to see how high the bid got.

Back