Why do a carbon fiber boat???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brett english

THIS IS WHY ALBERT MAKES THESE BOATS OUT OF CARBON/KEVALAR...YOU GUYS MAKE THE DECISION IF ITS WORTH THE TIME AND MONEY..THIS IS A VIDEO OF ALBERT HITTING THE BANK AT 80 PLUS MPH...ONLY THE PROPS AND RUDDER GOT DINGED, OH AND SOME BENT BOOM TUBES..IN 20 MINUTES YOUR READY

FOR THE NEXT HEAT...

http://youtu.be/zjK7URBWYxU

Last edited by a moderator:
well if albert want to volunteer to make boats for people that would be great Brett other than that no one around here makes them for the public

I use to have a one off Orlic carbon 1/8 scale round nose , Notre Dame.

At the 1997 Internats in the first heat while milling the battery wire broke sending the boat off on its own , past four five six WFO until it hit a massive tree stump head on.

Only damage to the boat was some stress cracks to the nosed and the drivers head that I found almost thirty feet from the boat.

Sure wish I knew were that boat was today B)

Tim.

They need a waaaaaay bigger lake. Super looking boat. I bet there's a market for his boat.

Nails

Brett,

Alberts boat needed more propeller and a larger lake.

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark

Brett,

If the shore was full of rocks or solid earth I think the results would have been different, glad that the damage was not significant. Boat looked good when it was running,

Beau

Hey guys,

I had one of these boats hit a bolder full throttle, it then cleared a five foot fence and hit a tree head on. The only damage was boom tubes and had to skin the top of one sponson. As to what happened ? I re did the radio and pushed the turn fin forward Pluto more toe in. The boat became darty which you can see as it ces out of the turn several times. I was messing with the radio, took my eye off the boat so it darted left and the rest is history. I will write more later since on phone now.

I wouldnt be so sure... My buddy Andrew tried to make a tub out of CF but it didnt come out right so he decided to smash it against one of the steel beams in his basement... I wasnt there but apparently it didnt really do much except scratch it up..lol

Here!.Here!.Boys!..were you guys out crash testing today..or trying for a new record on rc boat somersaults,..lol.lol.lol.

Just Joking around with you Albert!...that side of the pond narrows down quite a bit..I've come close to doing that more than once, the only thing is my boats are slower than that rocket you call a twin!..and had a little more time to catch it.

Let me know the next time you guys decide to go..and I'll make it a point to join you, and will be sure to remind you not to take your eyes off the fast moving object at the other end of your radio..lol.

Your Buddy..Elias

Ok Guys,

I am finally in front of my computer and not on the cell phone. Here is where I screwed up. I re did the radio so I had too much turn and too much left trim. In addition I increased the toe in and had moved the turn fin all the way forward. This made the boat very twitchy and it was bow steering quite a bit. If you notice every time I came out of the front turn I came close to the shore because it was darting to the left as soon as you relaxed the steering. Also now notice how I blipped the throttle down the back straight. That was because I was messing with the radio programing as I was driving. When I went into the turn I was messing with the radio and took my eyes off the boat for what seemed like a second. Normally it would have stayed in the turn and would have been no big deal. This time it straightened out and I drove it straight into the grass. I guess the lesson here is to fiddle with the radio on land or let off on the throttle. Don't tinker with the radio while turning. I was super bummed out till I saw how the boat did. In summary I bent all four aluminum tubes at the sponsons and broke the front boom tube. This is exactly what Stu designed it to do. He calls it the breakable FUSE. Something always needs to give so he designed the booms to be the cheapest and easiest thing to break and repair at lakeside. Thanks Stu for a great design. BTW, I sheeted these sponsons with .039 carbon and dam are they strong.

Oh! I also bent the 5/16" thick angle bracket that supports the turn fin. If this would have been wood the whole sponson would have been torn apart aft of the rear boom. Sponsons are perfect this way.

Albert

Man you got away lucky! Our small pond has jagged rocks around it here is a pic of my MODDED 45 JAE after a

Similar problem . but as you can see 80mph wood or carbin the outcome is pritty Devastating. for a test pond

thats a nice place.Charlie

Wow ...! the difference between a JAE 45 and Alberts boat can be described as an 8 ' Glen L homebuilt hydro and Miss Budweiser !! those wide stance spindly boom hydros simply cannot take an impact or even a bouy hit sometimes without devastation !! Crash survivability is paramount !!

Back