Who wants their stuff anodized?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Propjockey

Found a small (6 x 6 x 6) anodizer on the net for around $500 and was wondering if anybody would be interested in having their aluminum hardware hardened and color-coordinated? Just curious if there was enough demand to make my money back?

Not a bad idea, but I personally prefer the natural machined aluminum look or polished. ~ James 8)

500 bucks I hope you didn't place the order already,you can set yourself up to do anodizing (just color to start) for about

75 bucks with what you can buy from an auto parts store, a building supply and a drugstore.

This is for adults and persons who take responsibility for their own actions,I'm only posting it as a matter of convenience of the members.

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/...l/anodize.shtml

Max

Thanks Max! That's some good info! I think I'll buy some more homeowners insurance and give it a try. ;D

I'll let ya know how it goes.

Thanks again Max! (Are you by any chance a 'splat-baller'?)

The link to Caswell's is handy, too. A 5 gal. home anodizer for $230--that's almost worth getting just for my own use.

I've got stuff I'd like anodized. What colors are you gonna do? And how much. You should also tell people it works best on brand new stuff. Anything that's had gas/nitro or other chemicals on it tends to spot.

Properly cleaned and prepared used parts can be anodized as if they were new,this means no pits and no stains,cut or polished to fresh metal.

Propjockey I'm not active in splat ball. :)

Max

Hi gents,

I machine many,many parts ever year an get them anodized for about .50-$1.00 each any color. Anybody

that has purchased my motor mount or fuel valve has seen the work. I believe before I would set my whole shop up to anodize an be around all those chemicals I would go back to school an take up brain surgery. $.02

Tim CrAzY ;D

I've contacted several anodizing shops, and they all said the same thing--they don't want to mess with me and my 3 or 4 parts---they want volume, or it's not cost effective.

I was thinking of a way that the 'average Joe' could get just a couple of parts done cheaply. If you know of a place where a person can ship a few items to, have them anodized and shipped back without costing an arm and a leg, I'd like to get in touch with them.

And remember--chemicals may kill brain cells, but only the WEAK ones! ;D

Your right about a few parts. I have a $50.00 min on the anodizer I use. I wish there was a simple way.

Tim 8)

Back