Whiplash Plans

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jocool

Ok. Not able to find any UL, GP or Sport 40 hydro plans anywhere. Where then do I obtain plans for the Whiplash Hydros I have seen pics of on this site? Appears to me to be what I am looking for, but can't find links to plans. Anybody got a set they wish to sell? Thanks. John.

Time for another post. Ordered and paid for a set of Whiplash gas plans from Brian at Blazer Marine. After a suitable waiting period (3 weeks) he said was not able to deliver the plans due to work commitments and refunded the money. Dont have a problem with that, but I am still after a set of these plans. Does anybody have a used set they they no longer require that I can purchase? Other than that, there must be someone out there with a set of hydroplane plans that do not represent an unlimited style. Even willing to purchase Sport 40 picklefork style plans that I can scale up. HELP!!!. Thanks John.

john,

i'm not exactly sure what you're looking for but here are a few suggestions.

garry finlay has great 1/16 scale plans for the 1960 thriftway, 1969 notre dame, 1978 atlas and 70's era pay'n pak turbine available from rc boat modeler magazine and rchydros.com.

a great running sport hydro plan is the dave frank 1/12 scale oberto also available from rc boat modeler magazine and rchydros.com.

these plans are designed for elec power but can be modified for nitro or gas scaled up to the appropriate size.

i built a gas powered 43 inch frank oberto hull using phil thomas' 82u55 gas cowl that runs very well.

i think that brian blazer will be able to sell you his gas whiplash plan after the big gas nats race this weekend. he has been extremely busy with this project and his new glass whiplash hull.

post a request on jim's rc boat dock.........jrcbd.com

take another look at newtonmarine.com.......lots of great 1/8 scale plans that can be enlarged for gas power. a phil thomas' gas cowl or one of the stryker cowls from rcboatworks.com can be adapted. if you don't want a round nose, most of the 1970's era non-vented pickleforks have the same basic hull as the current sport hydro models.

dave w.

Time for another post. Ordered and paid for a set of Whiplash gas plans from Brian at Blazer Marine. After a suitable waiting period (3 weeks) he said was not able to deliver the plans due to work commitments and refunded the money. Dont have a problem with that, but I am still after a set of these plans. Does anybody have a used set they they no longer require that I can purchase? Other than that, there must be someone out there with a set of hydroplane plans that do not represent an unlimited style. Even willing to purchase Sport 40 picklefork style plans that I can scale up. HELP!!!. Thanks John.

Back