Transom view of 2019-23 U-12 Graham Trucking

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Gang. Getting ready to get started on my MLB 172 kit I'm doing in '19-'23 U-12 Graham Trucking. Have a jig built and all of my extra wood pieces either in hand or ordered. Cowl to be ordered this week. Have looked through many different websites looking for a transom view of this boat and can't really find what I need. The Newton plans show shoes on this boat and a different posterior shape than what little I have been able to find in pics on the net. The kit is set up to do most modern boats over a significant period of time. Wondering if anyone out there may have pics or a resource that does of this transom or of pics of another boat known to be set up the same way? Still new to this so just getting my feet wet, pun intended. Any help is always appreciated. -Bill

Samuel, went through the entire catalog of Smug Mug pics and not a single one with a good view of the Graham Trucking posterior. Found some pics of other boats from the same time frame that might be similar transom. Just not 100% sure.

Have you considered looking into the hulls previous sponsors pictures?
The boat started out as the U-1 Miss Budweiser T-6 hull in 2000, racing as that through 2004.
It was then sold and raced as the U-5 Formula Boats.com II from 2006 through 2010.
In 2011, it raced as the U-7 Valken Sports.
Since then, it has raced as the U-1/5/12 Graham Trucking. I doubt there has been any major changes to the hull over the years due to the boat's success.
Just a thought 🤔

A couple more

Attachments

• IMG_0012.jpeg
    IMG_0012.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2148.jpeg
    IMG_2148.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2149.jpeg
    IMG_2149.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2149.jpeg
    IMG_2149.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2150.jpeg
    IMG_2150.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
The transom is inset way further than the ML kit. Doug do you know if it is the same way for the 2014 U-7 Graham?
That was the T-5 Budweiser. There was some differences between the two hulls.
Here's a video of the boat being recovered after a blow over on the Columbia River that might show you something

Look on the master hull list and look up the after-plan length for the hull you want to build.
But I do have the measurements for most newer hull designs

Look on the master hull list and look up the after-plan length for the hull you want to build.
But I do have the measurements for most newer hull designs
The master hull list on RC unlimiteds list the hull as #9601. It doesn’t have a length listed. The NAMBA list the A.P.L. as 27.54”-33.66” but doesn’t list the 2014 U-7. Would you mind if I sent you some pics?

What I don't know is if the APL includes the shoes or if it just goes to the transom. I know, on the older boats without shoes, it goes from sponson transom to the rear transom. I also know, on the 0706 Oberto/Madison, there are three different lengths aft of the sponsons:
  • to rear transom is 16 feet 5 inches
  • to end of right-side shoe is 17 feet 11 inches
  • to end of left-side shoe is 18 feet 6.5 inches
This is where the new style turbines can be a real challenge to build. Even the PFD is also different from left to right, being 82" on the left and 93" on the right. The reason I can give you these exact measurements is because I actually measured them on the full-sized boat. These measurements are probably different than the two Budweiser hulls you're looking at, but it does show how much research it can take to build an accurately sized scale boat.

What I don't know is if the APL includes the shoes or if it just goes to the transom. I know, on the older boats without shoes, it goes from sponson transom to the rear transom. I also know, on the 0706 Oberto/Madison, there are three different lengths aft of the sponsons:
  • to rear transom is 16 feet 5 inches
  • to end of right-side shoe is 17 feet 11 inches
  • to end of left-side shoe is 18 feet 6.5 inches
This is where the new style turbines can be a real challenge to build. Even the PFD is also different from left to right, being 82" on the left and 93" on the right. The reason I can give you these exact measurements is because I actually measured them on the full-sized boat. These measurements are probably different than the two Budweiser hulls you're looking at, but it does show how much research it can take to build an accurately sized scale boat.
Thanks for the info. Oddly enough I’m accidentally pretty close to all three of these dimensions. Just my luck it’s the wrong hull…

Back