Whiplash build pictures

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, our own Ed R made me a fuel tank, check it out!

normal_Rodney%20Tank%20sport20%20001.jpg

normal_Rodney%20Tank%20sport20%20002.jpg

normal_Rodney%20Tank%20sport20%20003.jpg

This has inspired me to get back to work on my Whip!

Is the fuel tank made for the Whip? If it is, do you mind giving me the dimensions? I TIG weld aluminum for a living, so I have access to everything I need to make a tank like that one.

This has inspired me to get back to work on my Whip!
Is the fuel tank made for the Whip? If it is, do you mind giving me the dimensions? I TIG weld aluminum for a living, so I have access to everything I need to make a tank like that one.
check my gallery my friend, there is a drawing of it in there, with dimensions

Gallery was empty. I do like your modern muscle, nothing like 327hp from a fire breathing LS1!

Hope you don't mind Rod ,
.010 stainless 1 1/4 x 2 3/8 x 6

Ed

Thank you ed! and Walt! i am curently out of town for work, so didnt have the dimensions on me, as they are at home, but looks like the builder keeps dimensions :p :lol:

Ok guys, its been abit since I worked on the whiplash, been working on my buggy. Anyhow, I have my bid in on some hardware, and a good friend of mine took care of me on a turn fin. i do have a question tho, what size is the common flex shaft size? Is it 3/16? Also, where can i get these parts from? The flexshaft and bushing, along with drive dog? Thanks in advance!

The build looks like its coming along great Rodney!!! 3/16 for sure. Im sure someone here can come up with hardware for much cheaper than at my local hobby shop. Hope to see this boat run this summer.

Larry Jr.

Well, got more done today guys. Got the fuel tank mounted, man is that ever a tight fit, its in there for good now! Thanks to Ed R. for the great tank, perfect dimensions, and cant beat the price ;) Also thanks to Mike Z for the turn fin. Thanks bro, worked out great! Fabricated a mount for the turn fin, and mounted it today (will cut a piece of angle tomorrow to stiffen it up abit) Also mounted the tank as you can see, drilled holes and ran fuel tubing for the hopper tank in the front. Also ran the water tube and drilled a hole for that also. Take a look, coming along nicelly. Once I get the strut, rudder and motor mounts, it will get top sheeting. Also am working on shaping my own cowel, that is a whole nother adventure in itself :)

whiplash%20build%202-2-07%20001.jpg

whiplash%20build%202-2-07%20002.jpg

whiplash%20build%202-2-07%20003.jpg

whiplash%20build%202-2-07%20004.jpg

whiplash%20build%202-2-07%20006.jpg

Nice Rodney ;) Looks like a great kit,, lazer cut parts,,coool

I hear its a good runnin' hull too.

Rodney

The reason why the nose blocks go on last is the possibilty of hydrolicing the deck off. The nose block keeps the water from getting to the front edge fo the deck sheet. By sanding it down the way you are going to, you have the possibility of the deck coming off. Easy fix at this point.

Mike

Never mind. I see that you have the block higher then the deck sheet. You will just sand it down after you sheet it. In that case, it is just easier the other way.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, since having yesterday off work, got some more done on the whiplash. i am going to be using my own idea on the top, with access panels in the top sheeting so you can access the front, I will post pics once I get it done, which should be today. I just dont like the idea of a sealed off front sponson area, when you have the fuel tank, and my water line in there, want to be able to access them if something should go wrong. Anyhow, got the top sheeted, and made a new turn fin bracket. Larry Gemp Jr is hooking me up with some hardware, Thanks bro! And I just picked up a Novarossi SS motor for the boat. Will get pictures up later tonight.

Alright guys, got quite abit done to the whiplash today and yesterday. Got the top sheeted and got my idea for the front access panels made. Anyhow, check it out below.

martys_and_mine_boat_pics_011.jpg

martys_and_mine_boat_pics_015.jpg

miss_vegas_and_whiplash_pics_001.jpg

miss_vegas_and_whiplash_pics_002.jpg

miss_vegas_and_whiplash_pics_003.jpg

miss_vegas_and_whiplash_pics_004.jpg

miss_vegas_and_whiplash_pics_005.jpg

miss_vegas_and_whiplash_pics_007.jpg

Also got another project finished today, my Miss Vegas. Here it is, sanded the sponson bottoms more, and put a MACS 21 pipe in it, trimmed 1 inch off it to shorten it up, sharpened and shortened the rudder by 1/2 inch, and ground the strut for greater movement. Also got the stickers put on it. Still need to get a windshield painted on it yet. Check it out, Safety Green is the color. Also dilled a hole and stuck teh water exit tube out the top of the deck, easier to see how much water I am getting this way. Thanks Grim for that idea :p Also got the nice grim fin sharpened and installed.

miss_vegas_and_whiplash_pics_008.jpg

miss_vegas_and_whiplash_pics_009.jpg

miss_vegas_and_whiplash_pics_010.jpg

miss_vegas_and_whiplash_pics_012.jpg

miss_vegas_and_whiplash_pics_013.jpg

miss_vegas_and_whiplash_pics_014.jpg

miss_vegas_and_whiplash_pics_015.jpg

miss_vegas_and_whiplash_pics_016.jpg

miss_vegas_and_whiplash_pics_020.jpg

Well, got more done today guys. Got the fuel tank mounted, man is that ever a tight fit, its in there for good now! Thanks to Ed R. for the great tank, perfect dimensions, and cant beat the price ;) Also thanks to Mike Z for the turn fin. Thanks bro, worked out great! Fabricated a mount for the turn fin, and mounted it today (will cut a piece of angle tomorrow to stiffen it up abit) Also mounted the tank as you can see, drilled holes and ran fuel tubing for the hopper tank in the front. Also ran the water tube and drilled a hole for that also. Take a look, coming along nicelly. Once I get the strut, rudder and motor mounts, it will get top sheeting. Also am working on shaping my own cowel, that is a whole nother adventure in itself :)
Where can I get one of those great hopper tanks?

Well, got quite abit done the last few days here. Got the cowl all glassed up, still needs some work, and filling, smoothing out etc, but not to shabby for my first go at it i didnt think. Also recieved hardware from Speed Jr. and got it installed, Thanks Gempster! Also got the 5/16ths tube through boat installed, but the hobby store was out of 1/4, so couldnt run the stuffing tube. Got the motor mounted, and remote carb needle mounted and ready to rock, also got the cowl fitted to the boat. Check the pics.

whiplash_and_martys_ira_cotton_003.jpg

whiplash_and_martys_ira_cotton_010.jpg

whiplash_and_martys_ira_cotton_014.jpg

whiplash_and_martys_ira_cotton_017.jpg

whiplash_and_martys_ira_cotton_039.jpg

whiplash_and_martys_ira_cotton_031.jpg

whiplash_and_martys_ira_cotton_032.jpg

Back