Where in the hell is the OFF TOPIC THREAD on the forum?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Too bad that article is on MSN. In case you've forgotten, MSN is the same company of MSNDC, a company that helped push the story about Trump/Russian Collusion and that the Hunter Biden laptop was Russian Disinformation
It's not even MSN, it's a share from Salon, another worthless uber liberal rag mag. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Chauncey DeVega wrote the article for Salon. Not sure if that really matters. I saw a different article about the survey and research that prompted both articles. Obviously not going to see anything about it on conservative sites because it brings back memories of Trump in Nevada saying "I love the poorly educated".

Chauncey DeVega wrote the article for Salon. Not sure if that really matters. I saw a different article about the survey and research that prompted both articles. Obviously not going to see anything about it on conservative sites because it brings back memories of Trump in Nevada saying "I love the poorly educated".
Once again, Joe Biden is a slobbering useless idiot, as is his sidekick Kamala Harris.

I don't need to insult you or any of your liberal cohorts to make my point sir. Give it a try.

Wasn't wanting to insult anyone. I get a lot of good hobby information on this site, but sometimes the political rhetoric is just frustrating. Could have waited before posting.
I actually would have preferred Giant Meteor to the candidates we had to choose from in 2020. Am I happy with Biden? No. Do I blame him for high oil prices? No, because he does not control global oil prices. The "XL Pipeline shutdown" has nothing to do with oil prices since the construction on one part was shut down. The other parts of the pipeline are working as they always have. That info is omitted on conservative media.
Do I blame Biden for inflation? A little, but he isn't the cause for inflation on a global scale. Plenty of articles out there about people from different parts of the globe complaining and even protesting the prices they're paying for food and energy. Again, can't find that info everywhere.
Would we be in a better place now if Trump were still in office? Nope. The XL would still be waiting on legal battles for land access. The global supply chain would still be messed up and causing high inflation all because whole world is still trying to recover from Covid. We would have seen this whole mess no matter who was in office.
We all hear the word "misinformation". Both sides spout it out like it's some kind of magic. How are we supposed to know who to believe? Be skeptical. Ask questions. Are the answers too complex or hard to believe? Are there facts that can be proven? Actually proven, like the data that Mike "Pillow" Lindell keeps promising and delaying. OK, that's probably over the top, but I just wish he wasn't from MN. But things like that have to make you wonder if they're trying to string you along. Well, they're all trying to string you along. It's just up to you to determine who's pushing the misinformation button more.

Lee,

One really needs to retain the context when quoting someone.

The assertion had been made that certain demographics, particularly those without college degrees, tend to favor Trump. Those being denigrated were the trades workers and the like. You know... Those of us who make the lives of those WITH degrees possible...? That's who Trump was indicating his kinship to.

But, once again, the MSM has their own take on reality.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

Its funny.. to my democrat friends.. if a bone is not broken then we ignore and accept the fact we have a bone, its just not front of mind.. but if its broken we have pain, cost, conversation..

To the liberals reading in, it comes in the form of "somebody hurt my feelings". He/she said a bad thing.. regardless of the truth, or performance! The goal then is to "cancel, argue, shame..

Thats OK.. here.. in the USA. Those that gave so much have allowed me to vote.. so THAT Is what I will do.

See ya at the poles in a few months and then again in 2024!

Grim

Too bad that article is on MSN. In case you've forgotten, MSN is the same company of MSNDC, a company that helped push the story about Trump/Russian Collusion and that the Hunter Biden laptop was Russian Disinformation
There was Trump/Russian collusion and it's been found that Hunter Bidens laptop has been tampered with.

I think you meant MSNBC. The news reporting is more spot on the Fox News. Tucker Carlson is a joke!

Trump is and always has been arrogant and obnoxious but the office of the President is not a popularity contest. He for the most part actually did what he said he was going to do. There is no denying where we were as a country during his term. Best economy in over 50 years. Record low unemployment especially for minorities. Record GDP growth. Lower taxes. Better border security. I can go on but you get the point. Trump tried to run the country like a business which we need to do. Where he F'd up was in part using the same strategy. He didn't clean house like all his predecessors did, instead he decided to let people prove themselves which in the normal business world is what you do. That proved to be a huge mistake as the deeply embedded opposition worked against him from day one. Yeah he may not have drained the swamp but he got it low enough to expose the incredible level of muck on both sides. As a person I don't like him and never did but I'll take mean tweets, $1.50 gallon gas and a rockin' economy over the schitt show we have now and had before him.......
You need to read and not assume!

Presidents GDP Growth.png

(127) Republicans or Democrats: Who is better for the economy? - YouTube

Last edited:
Kevin,

What that chart shows, more than anything, is that lack of context is favorable to those who fear that context.

FDR and BHO both enjoyed the benefit of having taken over at the absolute bottom. Carter enjoyed the "benefit" of current record inflation, meaning the growth in GDP was outpaced by costs of living. Bush43 suffered the burden of the fallout from Clinton's economic and housing policy coming home to roost. Trump enjoyed none of that. He took over at a time when we'd somehow clawed our way back to a modicum of prosperity, despite BHO's best efforts to prevent it. What this chart doesn't show, is the massive gains that workers and their families made under conservative leadership. This being most obviously portrayed in the employment markets under Reagan and Trump. Under both administrations, American families enjoyed some of the highest wage gains and lowest relative costs of living in the history of the country. Minorities, in specific, made greater gains under Trump than had EVER been seen prior.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

I'm still of the same opinion!
How in the HELL can anyone think/feel this administration is doing a good job for us, the hard working, tax paying U.S. Citizen's?
And HOW can you think/say the economy is better or even close to what it was a year & a half ago??
PLEASE,,,, Clue my Redneck Southern azz in!!!
Fire away.

I'm still of the same opinion!
How in the HELL can anyone think/feel this administration is doing a good job for us, the hard working, tax paying U.S. Citizen's?
And HOW can you think/say the economy is better or even close to what it was a year & a half ago??
PLEASE,,,, Clue my Redneck Southern azz in!!!
Fire away.
Rick,

Cognitive dissonance. It's the only reasonable answer. There is no rational thought involved. Quit trying to rationalize it.

There may be a bit of Stockholm's syndrome mixed in there somewhere. Who knows....?

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

Rick,
I think it comes down to those that want to believe and those that don't.
To be more specific:
  1. Those that want to believe that all of our problems are due to "Orange man bad"
  2. Those that know there isn't a perfect solution for our problems but can see the "writing on the wall"
It's obvious to a majority of the citizens that taxes, inflation, immigration issues and shortages started AFTER THE 2020 ELECTION and really started to take off AFTER JOE BIDEN TOOK THE OATH OF OFFICE.
All you have to do to see that is look at:
  • the pictures and videos taken at the southern border of the people wearing T-shirts begging "Joe Biden, LET ME IN".
  • the 13 dead Marines in Afghanistan due to a botched withdrawal/surrender
  • the invasion of Ukraine
  • the cargo ships sitting off the coast waiting to be unloaded due to laws that prevent some truck drivers from hauling the cargo to it's intended destinations
  • the cost of gas and diesel being well over 50% higher than it was in October 2020
  • North Korea resuming missile testing
  • John Kerry and Joe Biden trying to restart the Iran Nuclear Agreement that gives Iran money for nothing, USING THE RUSSIANS AS NEGOTIATORS!!!!
  • Joe Biden waiving sanctions on Iran and Nordstream II
  • Joe Biden stopping construction of the Keystone pipeline and the border wall, leaving paid for materials on the ground rusting and paying the contractors BILLIONS OF DOLLARS NOT TO BUILD IT!!!!
Seems to me that anyone that is backing or defending the Democratic Party's agenda or defending Joe Biden and his propaganda spreading mainstream media isn't looking at what's best for the country but what will destroy it the fastest. I've seen posts belittling FOX News, saying it spreading disinformation. Then why is it that FOX News was the only major news source that kept reporting on the Hunter Biden laptop when everyone else was saying it was "Russian Disinformation"? Now, two major papers that claimed the story was false are now saying it's true, making their reporters and editors look like fools, liars or both. CNN is finally saying the Biden Administration is in trouble, 15 months after FOX News predicted it. Seems like someone was watching and listening to what was being said during the Presidential campaign

GOTTA LOVE IT!!!! FLORIDA JUDGE STRIKES DOWN JOE BIDEN'S MASK MANDATE FOR AIRLINE PASSENGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Effective last night, masks are now optional on commercial aircraft flights. Jen "Circle back" Psaki says the ruling is "disappointing"
Seems to me this should have happened long ago. Leaving the decision to the individual person is how it should be. If someone doesn't feel safe or has immunity issues, by all means, feel free to wear one. The pandemic is basically over and we are all going to have to live with covid in the same way as we do the flu and the common cold. Having the choice as to wear a mask or not is a step in the right direction I think Dana Perino's statement on "The Five" kind of says it all

Last edited:
Kevin,

Confirmation bias - Wikipedia

Not even close.

I've done my homework. There is literally zero room for debate in a single point I made in my previous post.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Just what I said Confirmation Bias. You believe what you want to believe. We will see what happens in the future. History tells all, rather you want to believe it or not. Trump did not do more for minorities, it's what he wants you to believe. If you do some reading you will see it's BS. What I like about you Brad is you think you know everything; I get such a great laugh out of all of your BS.

The **** you guys' post is like a train wreck, just got to watch what **** your going to run off at the mouth with again.

The day the Biden's and the Trumps go to prison we will all be fools, won't we? You can not be a true American with the bullshit that the Republican party has said and done.

Back