Where in the hell is the OFF TOPIC THREAD on the forum?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Biden may be the one that takes the blame but who is/are really the one(s) that is/are in power? Biden's said too many times that he's been told what to say and do so the question is who's actually giving the orders?

I like how Biden says " the buck stops here", but hence he trys blaming the previous administration, intelligence people, military, then comes back to the previous administration and yet he has yet to take the actual blame . He is a true professional politician. Crafted his method of shifting blame and lying to the public for over 50 years .

Biden may be the one that takes the blame but who is/are really the one(s) that is/are in power? Biden's said too many times that he's been told what to say and do so the question is who's actually giving the orders?
politics should stay out of here, thats my opionion it sure is ugly today .please don't bring it here we all do r/c boating to relax.

How is it that, 18 years into this "situation"- defending the Afghan people and government; killing/imprisoning thousands of terrorists; building-up their country; installing and training a new Afghan military- the U.S. administration would undermine the Afghan government, and cut a deal with the Taliban (back in February 2020) ? With expectations that the Taliban would cut ties with al-Qaeda and refrain from any threats to the U.S. ? And also make concessions, like the release of 5,000 combat and political Taliban prisoners? I mean, they literally, pre-maturely, handed the country over to the Taliban, really without involving the Afghan government. (not arguing or debating, just saying........)

Last edited:
politics should stay out of here, thats my opionion it sure is ugly today .please don't bring it here we all do r/c boating to relax.
Trust me, this isn't ugly. In another forum I have a membership in, there are personal attacks, name calling and all kinds of other things going on in some of the areas. You could almost call one area an online bar room brawl because of how bad it gets at times. This thread has stayed civil and no one has attacked anyone about what they have posted or their beliefs on the general subject being discussed. We live in uncertain times and this thread does let some of us blow off some steam. As long as it remains civil, this could be looked upon as a good thing.
You also have to remember, this is the OFF TOPIC area so almost anything can be talked about. Even one of the site moderators has posted and liked posts in this thread. With that said, if the content of this thread bothers you, I would recommend that you stick to the other areas of the forum where threads like this one area not allowed.

That's why this forum is named Off Topic threads. It's a place where like minded people can express topics such as this. As long as things are kept civil and the mods don't see a problem with it, there is no issue

Trust me, this isn't ugly. In another forum I have a membership in, there are personal attacks, name calling and all kinds of other things going on in some of the areas. You could almost call one area an online bar room brawl because of how bad it gets at times. This thread has stayed civil and no one has attacked anyone about what they have posted or their beliefs on the general subject being discussed. We live in uncertain times and this thread does let some of us blow off some steam. As long as it remains civil, this could be looked upon as a good thing.
You also have to remember, this is the OFF TOPIC area so almost anything can be talked about. Even one of the site moderators has posted and liked posts in this thread. With that said, if the content of this thread bothers you, I would recommend that you stick to the other areas of the forum where threads like this one area not allowed.

Hydro Junkie,

"I just finished watching the response of that babbling morally corrupt brain dead idiot we now have in the White House......He made it sound like we are expending American lives of our armed forces thru duress and it is everybody elses fault but his..........nothing could not be further from the truth......[Kamala ,Nancy and their trained goat]
While I have great sympathy with the losses we have suffered in Afghanistan .....the people we have lost in Afghanistan chose that as a career path......WE HAVE A PROFESSIONAL ARMED FORCES......by definition the. forces serving in Afghanistan are mercenaries.....
When the volunteers signed up to serve they knew the pitfalls......nobody held a gun to their heads to serve like I did when I was conscripted [drafted] to fight in Vietnam......
With that choice the volunteers made came some great benefits....great early retirement , medical insurance , great competitive pay etc etc etc.....
They knew the risks were great but the rewards were greater......The armed service volunteers made that decision .........
Our pursuit of Freedom in the world today was just castrated ........
Hang on tight ....this sxxt show is not over.......If you cannot understand the damage to the USA and mankind this administration is doing you are brain dead......
I am just waiting to see who starts shooting first.........

Remember this in 2022........"

If this isn't ugly, what is? It touches on a bunch of the issues you mention. Name calling, personal attacks, etc. etc. There's a few people on this thread that are hopping all over social media voicing their opinion and attacking anyone that gets in the way. Apparently only their opinion matters, or so they think.

I don't know a lot about politics on either side of the border but I can recognize those who think they do. All you have to do is open the door. Give them an open forum and watch them spew at the mouth. They'll attack anyone, any time, to get their point across. What a waste of ones time in my opinion.

Politics and Religion are all about opinion and point of view. Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you're right about ****. Nor does it mean anyone has to agree with you or take your side. But most importantly, not everyone wants to hear a bunch of negative BS you want to push down their throat.

Settle down boys. We're not getting any younger.

Ron

Hydro Junkie,

"I just finished watching the response of that babbling morally corrupt brain dead idiot we now have in the White House......He made it sound like we are expending American lives of our armed forces thru duress and it is everybody elses fault but his..........nothing could not be further from the truth......[Kamala ,Nancy and their trained goat]
While I have great sympathy with the losses we have suffered in Afghanistan .....the people we have lost in Afghanistan chose that as a career path......WE HAVE A PROFESSIONAL ARMED FORCES......by definition the. forces serving in Afghanistan are mercenaries.....
When the volunteers signed up to serve they knew the pitfalls......nobody held a gun to their heads to serve like I did when I was conscripted [drafted] to fight in Vietnam......
With that choice the volunteers made came some great benefits....great early retirement , medical insurance , great competitive pay etc etc etc.....
They knew the risks were great but the rewards were greater......The armed service volunteers made that decision .........
Hang on tight ....this sxxt show is not over.......If you cannot understand the damage to the USA and mankind this administration is doing you are brain dead......

If this isn't ugly, what is? It touches on a bunch of the issues you mention. Name calling, personal attacks, etc. etc. There's a few people on this thread that are hopping all over social media voicing their opinion and attacking anyone that gets in the way. Apparently only their opinion matters, or so they think.

I don't know a lot about politics on either side of the border but I can recognize those who think they do. All you have to do is open the door. Give them an open forum and watch them spew at the mouth. They'll attack anyone, any time, to get their point across. What a waste of ones time in my opinion.

Politics and Religion are all about opinion and point of view. Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you're right about ****. Nor does it mean anyone has to agree with you or take your side. But most importantly, not everyone wants to hear a bunch of negative BS you want to push down their throat.

Ron

I disagree Ron.

"Name calling, personal attacks, etc. etc." No it doesn't. Name calling is within the forum itself, member on member.

"babbling morally corrupt brain dead idiot" I view that as an opinion. If I don't like it, I don't have to read this thread - real simple.

Ron
Ron, I was talking about the conduct of people here in the thread, not what's happening across the country or world. If I was talking about Antifa, BLM, the "Squad", the Taliban and all of the other groups/organizations turning the country and planet into the convoluted mess it's turning in to, I wouldn't have called it ugly either but, rather, an uncontrolled return to the middle ages. The last 20 years in Afganistan could be called a return to the "Crusades" using tanks, armored cars and aircraft in the place of mounted knights and catapults. Like many other veterans, I was very upset by the way things have played out and the unwarranted "chest thumping" we are hearing from the dementia patient occupying the Oval Office. My belief is that the "old man" won't last much longer and he will be gone for one reason or another and we will be back into the same thing, battling the same people but with many more casualties due to them having weapons and equipment equal to what our troops have. Our elected reps and senators need to start doing their jobs and doing what they swore to do, uphold and defend the country and Constitution. Those that can't need to do one thing, GET THE HELL OUT!!!!!!

yes i will avoid this section for sure, thanks for the warning

Hydro Junkie,

Ron
Ron, These are your words.....

Ron Jefferson
"It could be worse Rod Geraghty. Trump could still be your President."

You started this with your un-solicited sarcastic remark about president Trump on my Facebook page............Until you hold U.S.A. citizenship you don't even have a ticket to this discussion nor do you have any skin in the game concerning the U.S.A.'s future........
"Your words"....You made the statement that you don't know a lot about the political leadership on either side of the border...that is painfully obvious....
When it comes to the future of my kids and grandkids you don't have an opinion........all you have is a mouth......

Ron Jefferson

You started this with your un-solicited sarcastic remark about president Trump on my Facebook page............Until you hold U.S.A. citizenship you don't even have a ticket to this discussion nor do you have any skin in the game concerning the U.S.A.'s future........
"Your words"....You made the statement that you don't know a lot about the political leadership on either side of the border...that is painfully obvious....
When it comes to the future of my kids and grandkids you don't have an opinion........all you have is a mouth......
Maybe Ron should worry more about the absolute turd show Trudeau has created in Canada, something we are trying to prevent.....

How is it that, 18 years into this "situation"- defending the Afghan people and government; killing/imprisoning thousands of terrorists; building-up their country; installing and training a new Afghan military- the U.S. administration would undermine the Afghan government, and cut a deal with the Taliban (back in February 2020) ? With expectations that the Taliban would cut ties with al-Qaeda and refrain from any threats to the U.S. ? And also make concessions, like the release of 5,000 combat and political Taliban prisoners? I mean, they literally, pre-maturely, handed the country over to the Taliban, really without involving the Afghan government. (not arguing or debating, just saying........)
David,

The reality is that there was never going to be a US withdrawal from Afghanistan that didn't leave the Taliban in control. Trump understood that. Biden obviously didn't. Just sayin'...

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

Ron Jefferson

Rod,

Oh, it can, and likely will, get a LOT worse. BECAUSE Trump is no longer our President. If this isn't painfully, abundantly clear by now, it's only for willful obtusion.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

Ron Jefferson

The typical passive-aggressive tactic. Shift the topic of discussion away from Biden and his shortfalls, get the rock throwing started which will eventually end up with a locked thread and/or banned members.

If ya can't win the argument, end the argument. "We had to destroy the village to save it".

Don't get pulled in :)

The reality is that there was never going to be a US withdrawal from Afghanistan that didn't leave the Taliban in control. Trump understood that. Biden obviously didn't. Just sayin'...
why not cut a deal (ultimatum) with the Afghan government (for May 1, 2021)? Leave the Afghans in control of the military base and the prisons. Get everyone out, and leave. If the Taliban make an offense we could provide some "over-the-horizon" support. If/when everything crumbles it's on them (the Afghans), not us. (just sayin.......)

Last edited:
yes i will avoid this section for sure, thanks for the warning
OK I'M OUT ! THIS IS NOT ABOUT R/C BOATING I OPEN MY MAIL AND WHAT DO I SEE:
Where in the hell is the OFF TOPIC THREAD on the forum?
I DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT POLITICS WHEN I WANT TO PLAY WITH MY BOATS AND I CHOSE NOT TO GO TO THAT SECTION FOR THOSE REASONS . I DONT THINK YOU WANT TO PROMOTE R/C BOATING BY SENDING POLITICAL MAIL TO YOU MEMBERS, THAT WHY I SAID TO KEEP IT OFF. I'M NEW TO THIS SITE BUT I'M NOT NEW TO R/C BOATING I HELD NAMBA NUMBER 62, I'M 70YRS OLD BE DOING THIS LONG ENOUGH TO KNOW POLITICS AND PLAY DON'T MIX SO I HAVE TO SAY GOOD BY

Mr Guzman,

Simply click on your profile and go to the "preference tab" ...

you can choose to not receive email updates here.

Email options
  • Receive news and update emails
  • Receive email when a new conversation message is received
  • Receive forum daily newsletter "Yesterday's Forum Activity"
pretty simple.

Back