What's everyone working on for 2016

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finishing up my gas scale. I am working on beating you in sport20 hydro in 16.
How is your Gas Scale coming along?
I have the hardware mounted and the drive installed. The scale turbo motor parts are done. Just have the radio box to setup and get some more prime done to the hull. I have the paint and graphics ready to use.
phil,

what gas scale unlimited are you working on ?

dave w.
74 U2 MissUS

I have the hardware mounted and the drive installed. The scale turbo motor parts are done. Just have the radio box to setup and get some more prime done to the hull. I have the paint and graphics ready to use.
phil,

dave w.
74 U2 MissUS
109-7402, a beautiful boat.

full cowl ? exposed allison with rear wing ?

will your cowl be available ?

an excellent reference detailed 1/8 scale plan here :

http://www.airagestore.com/plans/rc-boats/miss-u-s-hydroplane.html

W450-13975_1976-02-01GoldCup.jpg

109-a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This collection of parts will eventually be a Sport 40 that looks like the boat in the picture.
attachicon.gif
IMG_20160117_113118_631.jpg
attachicon.gif
GP 38 Sport 40 002.jpg
Just finished this a few minutes ago. Hope to try it out this Sunday.

20160401_230452.jpg

20160401_230540.jpg

phil,

dave w.
74 U2 MissUS
109-7402, a beautiful boat.

full cowl ? exposed allison with rear wing ?

will your cowl be available ?

an excellent reference detailed 1/8 scale plan here :

http://www.airagestore.com/plans/rc-boats/miss-u-s-hydroplane.html
It will be like the model in your pic. I have the cowl for it to sell.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.871746576197966.1073741834.137199316319366&type=3

phil, beautiful work.

hull and cowl look great.

thank you for posting your build photos.

dave w.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a video Adam of ABMods posted on his youtube page a few days ago with what looked like the boat in Mike Starrett's post. If that's the boat in the video, SUPER smooth, and not left for wanting speed... Looked real strong.

I'll be getting my sport 40 with a new CMB V5 wet for the first time this Saturday. I picked up a GoPro a few weeks back and will bring it to the pond for some vids.

I'm just hoping to get my Elam on the water and finish a heat next Sunday at this point. As for my builds, work scheduling and a 16 day trip to Hawaii has set me back big time

The boat in the video you saw is the twin to the missing boat. I built it(as a replacement) as close the first boat as possible. Adam may have a newer video from last night with a new NR pipe. Maybe he'll see this and post it.

I saw a video Adam of ABMods posted on his youtube page a few days ago with what looked like the boat in Mike Starrett's post. If that's the boat in the video, SUPER smooth, and not left for wanting speed... Looked real strong.

I'll be getting my sport 40 with a new CMB V5 wet for the first time this Saturday. I picked up a GoPro a few weeks back and will bring it to the pond for some vids.

Just uploaded it to my youtube account. Boat is coming along nicely especially for the limited amount of run time you have had with it.

PS. Nice hoodie Mike!
default_smile.png

Mike Starrett custom built sport 40 with Novarossi .46DD

IMG_3314.JPGIMG_3313.JPG

I've been working on a few scales over the past several years. This is an old Dumas Circus Circus project that I started while back in Alaska. Well its been about 5 years since I started this project and I guess it about time I started painting the hull!

After I took these pictures last week, I put the first base coat of color on just a few days ago (white). I have the paint codes from Doug Shepard (I read from other threads). When I call the (auto paint supply) they don't know what these codes are (Dupont Chroma premier).

Can someone direct me to a supplier that I can get some pink paint from?

Thanks

Scott

Latest posts

Back