What type of fuels do you all run??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ian,

ok the secret comes out...

6.25% NEO 6.25% Castor for race,

7.5% of each for sport fuel

so either 12.5% or 15% oil

40% Nitro for the 90s and 60% for the rest

EMS Racing I love the smell of burning NITRO in the mornings

Hey Craig:

That NEO oil you're talking about sounds a lot like the oil in our O'Donnell fuel here, I've been using the same stuff from a go cart shop in Florida that Andy Brown told me about. It turns dark when exposed to UV (that's why O'Donnell is in a white bottle), stains paint and anything else brown if not wiped off and you can run lower percentages, I've been running 12% for years and have gone as low as 8% for SAW.

I'm desperately trying to find the source for it, any ideas? The cart shop I get it at calls it "Premium 500" and market it as a 500 degree, 5w50 full synthetic racing oil. I wonder if it might be a Red line oil like their "two-Stroke Racing Oil" at:

http://www.redlineoil.com/products.htm

Any ideas? Where do you get NEO? How much? What does NEO stand for? Thanks!

OK, time to open up a can of worms.....

Can anyone give me PROOF that less oil is beneficial in our type of motors? Just because there is more methanol in it does not mean it will be faster.

Neo is poular with the 1/8 car guys. Other ones are EDL or WB. Some of them stain everything - including aluminium. Yuk. I'll stick with Klotz.

Craig - 2% propylene oxide will work wonders in your 60% mix.

Folks,

I was under the impression that NEO and LB 625 were the same thing. LB 625 was the stuff John Ackermann and Marty Davis were recommending and from memory it was made by Union Carbide / Dow Chemicals.

EMS Racing

Tim

Think of to much oil as if you had eaten a large cheese coverd pizza.. Not to easy to get back out.. The oil does not burn. however it still needs to pass through the system...

As i say... high oil will plug you up thighter then a 10 year old cat on whole milk..yuck.. :-X

Grim

Folks,

I was under the impression that NEO and LB 625 were the same thing. LB 625 was the stuff John Ackermann and Marty Davis were recommending and from memory it was made by Union Carbide / Dow Chemicals.

EMS Racing
I don't think that's the same stuff, thanks for the response though. Pretty sure LB625 is just a clear Ucon synthetic, nothing special...

Tim

Think of to much oil as if you had eaten a large cheese coverd pizza.. Not to easy to get back out.. The oil does not burn. however it still needs to pass through the system...

As i say... high oil will plug you up thighter then a 10 year old cat on whole milk..yuck.. :-X

Grim
He he he! Good one Mike! Maybe thats why we use castor oil :-X

One thing that a lot of people forget is that good oil draws out heat from the combustion chamber of the engine. The other thing the oil does is to help create a better seal around the piston - liquid compression if you like. Some Synthetic oils fail these aspects miserably - especially the ones the plane guys use so they don't have to clean oil off the wings after flying :-

Certain engines perform better on higher % of oil than others. Some engines I know work better on 23% oil than on lesser %.

Anyone out there with a dyno want to do some back to back tests?

I, for one, vote for lots of oil! :p

More Oil leaves me with More Engine! ;D

If I am loosing 4 or 5% performance, I can live with that.

Nitrocrazed racing: The faster I go the less I finish.

Ian,

I like your props of mass destruction thing!

Mike and Gene,

If you guys are going to start using a certain outboard engine - you might want want to look at a slightly different brew - I have actual test results for that one.

Tim.

Ian,

did you get the answer you were looking for regarding the props bending?

If it works then you can have engines formerly of mass prop destruction....

Tim,

Hehe! ;D The engines formerly know as.....

Just call them "Love Symbol" :p

Terry Keely (SP?) gave me another heat treatment to try. I haven't tried it yet, it requires me to have the oven on for ages! Still no clue as to why I am actually bending the props tho. :-

Nitrocrazed racing: The Mother of all DNF's.

IAn,

Maybe you should change that avatar of yours to that "love symbol" too. He he he !

Tim.

Done,

But I could only find a pic of an album cover, it seems the Artist Formely Know As sicks his lawers onto anyone who puts up a pic of the symbol! : :)

Nitrocrazed racing: Fighting for Freedom!

On second thoughts you might want to ditch that avatar! I don't think I'd want to be associated with that (insert choice of insult here) ;)

Hey Ian...

maybe we need to get a collection of props together that require heat treating and get them all done at once.... Someone must have the process down pat????

EMS Racing... We need to buy in bulk!!!!

Latest posts

Back