What type of fuels do you all run??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Craig,

I know Gruber gets them done by his mate in your neck of the woods. ;) You might like to talk to him about it.

I can get stuff done proffessionally, but I dont know the extact alloys, which the heat treatment companies need.

I am having a cobalt chrome H-50 made, but that is costing me about $80. That should be strong enough. I am also going to try Terry Keeley's method on my last remaining H-50. SO far H-50's are my pic for my boat, 10k quicker than anything else I tried. I guess i could get a pitched 48 and maybe a pitched H31 if we were going to get some done!

I hope you dont have the problems that I have! Ruining two props at one would really suck!!! : :)

Ian.

Ian,

Find out from the G man where he gets it done... I have a squillion props I need to have done... for my modest amount of boats... LOL

EMS Racing Nothing exceeds like excess!!!

Craig,

Oh yeah, I forgot about the props for the rest of Chenco's Navy! :p

Depends on the cost tho, you may only want to do the big rigger props. Even the A100 never bent anything on the mono!

Is that 'bird finished yet! :p

Nitrocrazed racing: Not know as the "Love Symbol"

Hey guys,

Sorry to get the topic back where it started, but most of you seem to stay away from Blue Thunder? I am just curious why. That is what I run in my O.S. .32 and it seems to run strong and cool. I don't race or anything, but I am curious why you guys lean toward other fuels?

Thanks

I think that blue thunder does not have enough lubrication.

Our boats run WOT (Wide Open Throttle) almost all of the time they are run. This requires a good and plentyfull lubrication package to prevent premature engine wear and failure.

This in my opinion is why boaters should stay away from low-oil fuels ment to be used in RC car engines.

That's just my opinion...

Let's also keep in mind the rate of fuel usage of 10% Nitro versus 60% nitro. The higher nitro fuels require a richer needle setting which means that more fuel (That includes OIL ) is going through the engine.

Talking about oil content whithout also including nitro content is a mistake.

Back