What type of fuels do you all run??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrotoys

Would like to know or hear what people think of the different fuels.

any one use COOL POWER?

the guy at LHS suggested it to me.

but think i will wait on REDMAX

Red max is cheap and high-quality, i've also used O'donnel but i think red max is better b/c it's specially made for boats.

Joe

I've used Cool Power in my planes for years without any complaints. But I can't get it with a high enough nitro content for boating, so I use Byron's Premium Competition.

I´ve used Power Master, Omega and O´donnel and I do not find a great deal of difference among them all function enough well the three the use in 25% and 50% of nitro

Gatt

All right, who let the gas boater in here? ;D I've run Ritches Brew, Blue Thunder, Byron's and sometimes whatever I can get my hands on. I know that a lot of people are fans of O'Donnell's fuel but I personally don't like it. I've had a lot of build-up in the header and pipe from their oil.

I mix my own these days so I know that the right oil mix is in it.

I use KLOTZ TECHNIPLATE AND 1st pressing CASTOR OIL.

Tim.

O'Donnell. My very first nitro purchase was Tower Power. Is there a worse fuel?

I used O'donnel fuels for a long time. I liked the performance in O.S engines. I always had one complaint. Same as Ron. Gums up everything, and it makes a mess out of your boat. Since I got the K90. I started having my fuel custom made. It works better than Odonnel when it is fresh, but it seems to have a shorter shelf life. It isn't so economical unless you make about 72liter batches. Most of the ingredients here in Japan are only available in 18 liter cans. I have convinced most of the guys who I boat with that it is good stuff, so we split the cost of having a big batch mixed up.

We have seen Red Baron here recently, but it hasn't caught on. Not many good comments about it. I haven't used it personally, so I can't give you my opinion. If you are just starting out, run what you have. I would only recommend that it is designed for boats, for airplane and car fuels don't contain enough oil.

My first choice is Byron's. 60% in 21's. 45% in everthing else. If I can't get Byrons I use RedMax. Both are quality fuels. My buddy uses Coolpower in his helicopter.

Ed Radz

Used to use O'Donnel, Tom put me onto Redmax, and a friend makes up a batch of Witches Brew he calls it, once a year for his rigger and sends me a quart, its 70% and screams.

Gene ;D

I used ODONNELL For years. I ordered 4 cases from Steve 2 years ago. He billed me later. Much later. 6 months later. When I finally got the bill, I had already used all the fuel and he charged me over $32 a gallon.

I switched to Redmax and have been using Redmax up until this year when I purchased some Power Master Fuel. So far so good.

My LHS hasnt gotten in the REDMAXX yet, SO got a gal of the cool power 40% and will try that and see how it works. 22 a gal for the cool power, I dont think its that bad, will see how it works tho.

I have used blue thunder, really try and stay away from that.

Trinity makes a good 20%, there race blend they call it. Seems to make the old OS run good.

Thought i could stay out of this but i cant..lol

BYRONS for me.. The motors run well (like the others) but motor maintainace went way down. Bearings last a long, long time.

The oil in this stuff is the best i have used.

Grim

I went to the Ritches Brew because I got a elluve deal on it at my yearly pilgrimage to the R/C er's Mecca, Toledo. They sold me their last 3 gallons of 50% last year for $50.00. I'm going to have to check out Byron's this year though.

This is interesting to me! The racers here in Aus pretty much all make up their own fuels from components, or buy from people over here who do. If there is anyone using brand name pre-mixed fuels I have not seen it! At a guess it is not economical to bring the brand name fuels in over here. 8)

Nitrocrazed racing: Oils aint oils.

Yep homebrew here....

And the blend is a family secret that has been guarded for hours!!!! All I can say is I am under 20% oil and the oil is a blend of castor and NEO (well thats what its called here). No engine failures since switching to the NEO blend oil.

I have a sneaking suspicion NEO is LB625.... call it a hunch... but the trade mark of NEO is it stains boats and turns the fuel black if you leave it in the sun.

EMS Racing... who cares about the oil so long as the NITRO is in there....

Well, if we are talking numbers:

25% nitro, 13% Klotz Techniplate, 7% castor, balance methanol. The castor stops me nipping up engines if I lean on them a but much. : :)

Hey Craig, I am not sure about an oil which stains paint worse than nitro! :p Couldn't make me...

Nitrocrazed racing: I love the smell of burning castor in the morning...

Back