What fuel are you have good success with?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Moore

Just wanted to see what everybody is using. I had used Trinity 33% 16% oil with 2% added with bad results. Now using Wildcat 45% 18% (thanks Hydrorob).

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
rob has had good luck with the wildcat,,, as well as many others....But i love technology hobbies fuel... john otto on here mixes it and sells it,,,its very,, very consistant every time i order it...... john is a good guy to boot........ :) .... i run 60% but have also run his 30% and they are all great fuels....

I had great luck with odonnel fuels,, the 50% is what i bought all the time... i ended up gettin a bad bottle and it really put me through the ringer...took me a while to figure it out... ended up having water in it,,after that i switched to johns fuel,, and never looked back......

alden

I have and use Grimracer's 50% from Tower Hobbies, motors are so clean now and seem to blow less glow plugs, There is a lot of great fuels out there you just need to use what works for you. You ask 10 people you are going to get 7 different fuel combos, I think it is personal preference. Have heard Ottos fuel is good but have never tried the stuff to date. Odonnel is great but sometimes hard to get in small quantities.

Beau

I've had good results with Od fuel but got a good deal on redmax or wildcat so running that ... when that's used up I'll get whatever the club gets...

18% or higher.... for sure no less than the 18% though..IMHO thats asking for issues in our boat engines..

wildcat pro mix 65/18 or john otto's technology fuel. both have run great for me in my .21's. i haven't tried any, but have nothing but good reports on the grimracer fuel. one of the things i like about john's fuel is he will mix whatever nitro & oil ratios you want. i think redmax is the only other fuel manufacturer that will do that. i have tried a lot of different brands, but the 2 above have been the easiest & most consistent to "needle".

Technology fuel is great and lucky for me local . All the fuel is very fresh and consistent . I'm sure there are many out there that fill the bill but Technology has worked for years without issue .

Ive been using Technology fuels for years in everything from a 20 stock Tunnel to Scale Hydro....ive never gotton a bad gallon of fuel From John....very consistent!

like stated earlier you will get many different opinions.. whats important is that you get what works for you ;)

i've got a case of john's "tears of baby jesus" 65/14 ready for this season :ph34r:

I ran Redmax for years and got some technology fuel in Atlanta spring nats in 2010 and have never went back . Smooth needling and he blends what you want , 60% with 14% oil is my preference.....

Back